Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 12:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
If you base your conclusions on such tripe, there no wonder you look so foolish.

ignore actual history if you'd like, but the southern strategy was/is real and is the main reason republicans are in the position they are in today...

List some Conservative quotes, then.
Shut him up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Toure, from MSNBC, called him a token black.

There you go.
Who?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Don't be a dupe. AA is about numbers. I've talked to many HR managers over the years. They damn well need to keep their 'diversity' in line or else they'll have a problem with EEOC. And Carson had/has the intellectual goods to achieve what he has achieved.
B.S....and you know it.

Why does every white conservative know SEVERAL people in H.R. that supposedly says the same things that you assert?

Oh yeah, because its a lie.
Quote:
Of course! Jackson, Sharpton, Farrakhan, Wright, all fantastic role models! Or rappers or the local gang bangers. Not Carson though. Right?
His point is that WE'LL make that determination without your input.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:28 PM

977 posts, read 763,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
List some Conservative quotes, then.
Shut him up
There it is. I've said the same thing many times. I'm still waiting for comparable quotes from the right.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Exactly.
I think the following about sums it up:

Ben Carson proclaims himself a martyr | Jay Bookman

Right. let me sum up the article.

"Hey Ben, you are a conservative so SHUT UP!"

Old 04-03-2013, 12:29 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
Your, and the previous poster's, reaction to affirmative action shows you all's ignorance, and ignorance in general, regarding this methodology of promoting diversity!

AA has nothing to do with how ones performs in an institution once they get in, its all about attempting to ensure that a given population at said instution like a university is a fair reflection and thus indicative of the general population as a whole!

please educate yourself...
Thank you.

I find it very sad that AA has been politicized to such a degree. The fact remains that people did receive opportunities that they would never have received otherwise. I've found that it is only those with an extremely myopic view of the history of this country who cannot accept how much the playing field needed to be leveled. And the fact that people were able to have opportunities that they would not have had otherwise does not in anyway diminish their accomplishments.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:30 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
So is Obama

All those you mentioned ate educated, never touched jail and married with children, no drug use and role models to many.

You already stated your racist views without even realizing it.

Next?
Jackson Jr is heading off the jail as we speak, I believe. Sharpton has been sent to jail (90 days). I also don't consider race baiters role models. Maybe to blacks that see everything through racist eyes, but most people think Sharpton and his ilk are scum.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:31 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Right. let me sum up the article.

"Hey Ben, you are a conservative so SHUT UP!"
Actually it is an opinion article on a person's opinion, are you trying to say it is wrong to criticize those on the right?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:32 PM

600 posts, read 659,589 times
Quote:
Don't be a dupe. AA is about numbers. I've talked to many HR managers over the years. They damn well need to keep their 'diversity' in line or else they'll have a problem with EEOC. And Carson had/has the intellectual goods to achieve what he has achieved.

and?

you act as if a diverse workforce/student body is somehow contradictory to achievement

Its not!

and my point remains, AA has no influence on an individual once they get into an institution!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:33 PM

600 posts, read 659,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Thank you.

I find it very sad that AA has been politicized to such a degree. The fact remains that people did receive opportunities that they would never have received otherwise. I've found that it is only those with an extremely myopic view of the history of this country who cannot accept how much the playing field needed to be leveled. And the fact that people were able to have opportunities that they would not have had otherwise does not in anyway diminish their accomplishments.

+1

exactly...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies