Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:56 PM

1,855 posts, read 3,609,960 times

Advertisements

Rest of America to birther maniacs: scoreboard!

2008 Popular*vote Obama 69,498,516 McCain 59,948,323

2012 Popular*vote Obama 65,907,213 Romney 60,931,767
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 05:02 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Rest of America to birther maniacs: scoreboard!
don't forget legal:

birther wins: 0

birther loses: 201

pending: 6

Old 04-03-2013, 05:04 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
The argument is over and done, and you have lost. What is it that you expect to accomplish at this point?
To waste people's time using the internet?

Old 04-03-2013, 07:00 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
Quote:
It's all fun and games until someone needlesly makes it a racial issue.....

had to happen I guess....

Don't ask the question if you aren't prepared for truthful answers.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:13 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
EXACTLY !!! It's not about who won or lost, it's about far more important issues such as who is to pick what law or part of The Constitution to ignore while falsely gaining power. Only stupidity lets a person ignore the clear choice on this issue. Facts are what they are. And the given "facts" do not add up to being truthful. ?
The thing is though, no one is listening to you "truth" seekers anymore. No one takes you seriously. Even if you find that breakthrough you are looking for, no one cares at this point. The fact is, that if there were a breakthrough to be found, it would have been already. What are you going to do? Continue this crusade right up until his last day in office?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
you've never answered my question of why you believe mccain and romney, with a combined war chest of $1.5billion, didn't pursue a legal challenge to obama's eligibility?
They are in on the conspiracy..... Their campaigns were staged and they were always meant to lose from the get go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Now, I doubt that these people are making all that much money, .
Don't forget that Donald Trump was a birther.,.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Don't ask the question if you aren't prepared for truthful answers.
Your answer isn't based on anything that qualifies as truth. Rather, it's predicated on the belief that any disagreement with Obama by a white person, is absolutely and unequivically rooted in that persons racism.... I find this ideology to be pitiful and perhaps ironicly, racist in itself. Far worse than any birther.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:20 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I realize Birfers interpret law differently than just about anyone else with a central nervous system, so I'll just give you a piece of stylistic advice: The word "clearly" is either redundant or untrue. Using it twice in one paragraph telegraphs that you're aware that your position isn't all that well-backed.
I'm quite sure it's backed:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/28972895-post2425.html

Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
you've never answered my question of why you believe mccain and romney, with a combined war chest of $1.5billion, didn't pursue a legal challenge to obama's eligibility?
McCain's eligibility is also doubtful. Recall the non-binding Congressional Referendum opining his eligibility?

I'm sure you do. It's the one in which during the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing we have this exchange:
Quote:
Chairman LEAHY. We will come back to that. I would mention
one other thing, if I might, Senator Specter. Let me just ask this:
I believe—and we have had some question in this Committee to
have a special law passed declaring that Senator McCain, who was
born in the Panama Canal Zone, that he meets the constitutional
requirement to be President. I fully believe he does. I have never
had any question in my mind that he meets our constitutional requirement.
You are a former Federal judge. You are the head of the
agency that executes Federal immigration law. Do you have any
doubt in your mind—I mean, I have none in mine. Do you have any
doubt in your mind that he is constitutionally eligible to become
President?
Secretary CHERTOFF. My assumption and my understanding is
that if you are born of American parents, you are naturally a natural-
born American citizen.

Chairman LEAHY. That is mine, too. Thank you.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-11...0shrg45594.pdf

Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
The thing is though, no one is listening to you "truth" seekers anymore. No one takes you seriously. Even if you find that breakthrough you are looking for, no one cares at this point.
Just like no one cares that...

Wall Street execs violate SEC rules - no negative consequences, and in fact, they're enriched
Congress members violate ethics rules - no negative consequences, and in fact, they're enriched

You DO realize that the fact that "no one cares" is exactly WHY we have the above, no?

Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Just like no one cares that...

Wall Street execs violate SEC rules - no negative consequences, and in fact, they're enriched
Congress members violate ethics rules - no negative consequences, and in fact, they're enriched

You DO realize that the fact that "no one cares" is exactly WHY we have the above, no?
You are right, but the fact remains, no one cares. You are pounding sand my freind. Why not concentrate your efforts on a matter that someone does care about and where you may stand a chance to make a difference? If you waste your energy on this issue, no one will take you seriously on any other, and what a shame that would be because I'm sure you have valuable input.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
You are right, but the fact remains, no one cares. You are pounding sand my freind. Why not concentrate your efforts on a matter that someone does care about and where you may stand a chance to make a difference? If you waste your energy on this issue, no one will take you seriously on any other, and what a shame that would be because I'm sure you have valuable input.
It's not a pick and choose kind of thing. The fish rots from the head.

Didn't Matt Taibbi remind us all of that?
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...-jail-20110216
https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2009/12/13-8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies