Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 11:07 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,542,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritbty View Post
You didn't answer my first question, and clearly have nothing substative to add to this topic, or my response to the original poster. No, you didn't call b.s.,only added to your own as to why Yeshua's name bothers you. Oh well, at this point, it doesn't matter since the topic is about racism.
Let me guess, you're one of those people who thinks you're a "real Israelite" and white Jews are "fake", right...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
You meant to say D E N I A L, I'm guessing...

Or did you really think it was spelled with the same letters contained in the name of the Egyptian river? LOL. OMG! Now I know the ed. level of who I'm dealing with here...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am almost certain that spelling was intentional. A play on words if you will. You don't get it because you don't get 'it'. I'm sure you will miss the meaning of that too. Oh well.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:26 PM

315 posts, read 383,389 times
Quote:
Let me guess, you're one of those people who thinks you're a "real Israelite" and white Jews are "fake", right...?
LMBO!! Is this your contribution to the thread on racism, or the previous poster's plea for those believing in Jesus/Yeshua? The better question is why do white jews have a love/hate relationship with blacks? I mean really, it's not like blacks were responsible for the holocaust, or running white jews out of every European country, and especially weren't part of the KKK spewing racist garbage about jews. It's perplexing how most white jews have such an antagonistic attitude towards blacks, yet their spines become like jelly when their own racism. It's funny how the so called chosen people of God have such an almost paranoid behavior towards blacks, not to mention, carry such disdain for a group that has not history with them. This, I'd love to know. In addition, why do white jews act like black jews didn't exist until "operation moses" when in fact Hebrewism existed in Africa far longer than Europe.

Hebrew is quite a fascinating and hard language to master.

Last edited by freespiritbty; 04-08-2013 at 12:18 AM..

Old 04-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethreefoldme View Post
While I agree that neighbors in general are not as friendly as they used to be, what evidence do you have to base your assumption on that it has nothing to do with race? Studies have shown that most people do make snap judgements based on race -- even people who would NOT be considered racist. They are usually not even aware of this bias, because it is the result of social conditioning.

Honestly, this comment is racist in itself. If someone speaks about race-related issues, or rightfully speaks out against racism, why do you automatically perceive that as going around "angry & bitter" & assume they do not use their ordeals to grow into a productive, strong individual?
great comment.

Quote:
What's racist is targeting that particular demographic & failing to acknowledge that there is a racist component to portraying POC in ways that are stereotypical.
It would not be racist for KFC to have a black family in their commercials. Yes, there is a racial stereotype when it comes to black people and chicken but lets not act like black people dont eat chicken. As long as they dont cross a line(Burger King/Mary J Blige) then there is no problem with it.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:33 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,192,313 times
Quote:
I think we all get it now...

A Hispanic person took the parking space at the supermarket you thought you were entitled to....racism!

Dog barked at you but not at the Asian person who walked by in front of you....OMG! racism!!!!

White person says "hi" to another white person but not you...racism!

The food you ordered didn't look as good as the people sitting at the table next to you...racism!

It rained on your birthday but not on your white neighbor's...racism!

Yeah, turn over that rock in your front yard and it's there! racism!!!

Watch out behind that lamp post, there's "racism" lurking there!

racism, racism, racism

Way to trivialize racism. Do you feel better now? Can we just be honest -- did you/others really feel the great need to come here & complain about how hard white men have it & how POC blame everything on race? I won't deny that many white people have it hard in life & have probably even experienced racism in some form themselves.

However,

"Waah! If I can't have a good excuse to complain, no one can!" is no argument against racism. Just to clarify -- is it your position that racism doesn't exist or what?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,723,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Apparently the "grants and the plethora of laws and social programs" (again how are social programs related to equality) are not enough to combat racism.
That is one explanation. There are others.

Have a great day. Loosing the hate will help you do just that!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:34 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,304,441 times
Quote:
I wasn't trying to twist anything. Instead of validating his experience, you minimized or tried to discredit it in some way. You don't know him & you did not witness what happened or how it happened. Maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong. But then you implied it was more likely he was being treated a certain way because of his attitude.

That's honestly a common response to any minority who speaks about their experience with racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. Especially when the experience is more subtle, or not a straight up hate crime.

It's still racist when people feel the need to immediately discredit the experience of someone else based on little more than their desire to believe race is a non-issue, or "but whites experience that, too!"

Not that you pulled the reverse racism card, but other posters here have. For those people:

One experience of racism does not negate other experiences of racism.

To the OP:

There is overt racism -- This would include things like Jim Crow laws, hate crimes/speech, etc.

There is covert racism -- This is less hard to identify & generally gets dismissed or rationalized away much like the experience of the poster from WA. Usually it is the result of social conditioning & sometimes it is not even intended. Examples of covert racism would include things like the lack of visibility of POC in media/movies except for common stereotypes, to refusing to acknowledge race-related issues because you are "color-blind."

People are not only more aware/educated on racism today, but they are far less tolerant of it than they were in the past. I think that is why you see people talking about it more openly & often now.
Points well taken, writer. Naturally, I wasn't there and don't know him/her and possibly jumped to an unfair conclusion. Nonetheless, I simply responded to what I read. However, If I myself being a minority were to blame every little social slight and /or personal infraction against me on racism, I would not be a very happy or productive person.

On the other hand, I agree about the covert racism..It is hard to identify. No matter HOW racism is labeled or administered, I'm sure we can agree, it's UGLY.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:39 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,192,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil3 View Post
Points well taken, writer. Naturally, I wasn't there and don't know him/her and possibly jumped to an unfair conclusion. Nonetheless, I simply responded to what I read. However, If I myself being a minority were to blame every little social slight and /or personal infraction against me on racism, I would not be a very happy or productive person.

On the other hand, I agree about the covert racism..It is hard to identify. No matter HOW racism is labeled or administered, I'm sure we can agree, it's UGLY.
Glad we came to an understanding, Gil3. & I 100% agree with your last few points.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 AM

111 posts, read 125,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespiritbty View Post
I'm not your buddy, .
Good, why would I want a buddy that can't argue a point without turning to personal attacks when they have no answers, just regurgitating liberal racist crap that blames everyone but yourself for your problems. Here is why the definition of racism has changed. A white person can't talk about a black issue without being personally attacked as per liberal hate speech 101. You do amuse me though with your overwhelming liberal hatred. Must really annoy you that I don't feel the slightest guilt about race relations in Australia. We have the same race baiters like yourself trying to slow the integration of Aborigines into our community. It will happen someday and its the fault of people with your type of racist hate that should be the ones feeling guilty. Have a nice day

Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,943,455 times
A very good example of racism is on this forum but a different thread. Go look at the "Is it wrong for me to wish I was an Asian woman" thread. The woman is black and wishes she wasn't, not because she is discriminated against but because she thinks Asian women get partners easier.

Yeah, racism still exists, too bad among the first to practice it are those who complain the most about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies