Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 08:52 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm on an internet forum, so don't ask me!
LOL... good one.

But can I take that to mean you don't know? For the record, I wasn't saying that people on Internet forums know nothing - obviously not, or I'd be saying that I know nothing either. I was merely saying that my judgments aren't based solely on "what libs/cons supposedly said or didn't say." That isn't even a statement, it's just a baseless retort.

If you served in the military, or have done some actual research on this topic, I would gladly accept your explanation. Guess I'll have to do that research myself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 08:53 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,134 times
Quote:
I'm on an internet forum, so don't ask me!
Great, keep running around the question with childish "come backs."

Gizmo and I seem to be the only ones here who can argue like adults I guess.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:54 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
See my post.

It's a crime for soldiers. Bubba was CiC (boss of soldiers).
The President is the CIVILIAN Commander In Chief. You didn't know that, obviously, or why the President, any President, is considered a CIVILIAN CIC. lol

Old 04-03-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Great, keep running around the question with childish "come backs."

Gizmo and I seem to be the only ones here who can argue like adults I guess.
Lawd knows I try! Sometimes I manage to break through, but usually it just ends up going in a childish circle... not sure why I bother with this forum anymore, ya know? We must be gluttons for punishment, lol.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
But still they have to be convicted. That is like saying everyone who has driven drunk should be have a felony convivtion after the first tiem ebcause its a felny o second offense. Pure non-sense as stated earlier.Heck Keerry in his vitnam testomony said that american troops were a bunch of murders and rapist;so do you suggest we take his word or g by innonnent until charged and proven guilty.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
The President is the CIVILIAN Commander In Chief.
Thank you, that is precisely the type of answer I was looking for - but was unable to extract from Dale.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Do we? I've never even heard of someone claiming he has military experience.

If making up liberal positions and then tearing them down is your idea of a good argument, wow.
His 'military' experience as CiC has been pointed out by libs here several times. It's one of many sorry excuses libs come up with every now and then.

Just because you haven't seen it doesn't make you good at discussion.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Any ordinary person, or a Republican would have been convicted of the alleged crimes.
Like Julian Assange and Scott Ritter...

Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,229,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Lawd knows I try! Sometimes I manage to break through, but usually it just ends up going in a childish circle... not sure why I bother with this forum anymore, ya know? We must be gluttons for punishment, lol.
I guess so, haha.

The only thing you get from most of these CD'ers is straight up, GOP-sponsored rhetoric for the most part. There are a few (and I stress a few) sane ones here, but overall this board seems to attract the extreme ones who can't hold their own in a real discussion.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:59 PM

491 posts, read 373,161 times
Too many people here are missing the point of the thread.

I never once said that Clinton was guilty of anything. That is why I was careful to use the words "should" and "alleged". Many people here have derailed the thread. The purpose was to initiate a discussion on these alleged actions. We should be debating the merits behind the accusations, rather than just saying the obvious - that he has not been convicted.

Some people are taking the thread way too personally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies