Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
So, what's the point? Rather have millions without health care access?
I have faith in the free market. Medical schools will accept more applicants and graduate more doctors.
And why the hell should they put in years of schooling and work, pay all that money for school to get paid crap and what is left over to pay for a bunch of welfare lazy ass, who say it's too hard for them to get a proper voting ID leaches.

Why bother? Liberals got their way. Now they will live with the crap.

Like I said, I feel better, I already figured out where I am cutting back and it starts with a L.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 03:46 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times
As I'm sure you know, the AMA cartel explicitly and openly limits the number of new entrants into US medicals schools each year. MCAT medians have gone up over the years, which seems to indicate that students who would have made it into medical school in decades past are now being declined the opportunity.

Perhaps the solution would involve loosening the AMA's grip, no?

Old 04-04-2013, 03:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
Rather, the problem has to do with a very large aging population that, necessarily, demands more primary care physicians.

If you were to spend many years and tons of money to get a degree, would you rather work in a field that potentially pays you $400,000 a year or one that pays you $75,000? Exactly!

The affordable care act certainly adds to the problem because it adds an even higher demand on this particular field. And yes, I think everybody knows that an increase in demand needs to be met with an increase in supply.

Unfortunately, outrageous costs of obtaining an M.D. make it absolutely impractical to pursue the general practitioner track. This, however, is NOT an issue caused by "Obamacare" - it is a systemic fault in our educational system.
Doctors have to pay outrageous liability insurance, college debt out the wazoo, high taxes, all chipping away at the income and a bunch of ranting liberals screaming they should pay higher taxes to pay for welfare leaches and Obama's BS green energy. So why would it be worth to go to school 6 plus years?

Old 04-04-2013, 03:51 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Nurse practitioners can do about 80 % of what a general practitioner can do. Since much of the increased demand will be in primary care, it will be fine.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
That will lower the quality just like it did to the tech industry. Trust me, there are some H1b's that are good in the tech field, but most are hacks and do sloppy work from what I've seen. why do you think many software companies have gone to crap and their products are full of holes? INDIA for starters.
That tickled an old memory bone - - -
In the 1970s, a certain new hired tech was bemused that a newly hired BSEE didn't know how to sync an oscilloscope. This tech watched the BSEE fumble for over ten minutes. Finally, the tech adjusted the trigger control and got a stable waveform for the Ing-gah-neer.
Tech came back 30 minutes later, and the o-scope was again out of sync. BSEE was standing there staring at the o-scope.
Tech walked away, shaking his head in disbelief.
Sigh.
[Ministry of Truth appreciates that a politically incorrect reference to the BSEE's national origins were omitted.]

Old 04-04-2013, 04:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
why the hell should I work to pay for lazy ass leaches. They are all greedy pigs always got hands out wanting what is not theirs pigs. And you expect me to feel sorry for them F### no, I don't. Tell them to keep the fricken legs closed. I am tired of supporting baby producers. Of course the men need to keep it in their pants if they don't want to pay for the consequences. Oh that is right, we are the fools who pay for their sorry asses. Feel sorry for them, no, they disgust me.

Tell them to WORK! instead of leaching off others. Not worth a thing, can do a thing, it's toooo harrrd. Is telling a lazy ass leach sucking money off other people racist? oh my, i am surprised word has not been added to the pc list.

Food stamp asses are not worth this ****.

I got a LIBERAL in my sites. gone!!!

I'm sure I will too after posting that these no good for nothing suck off everyone else doesn't deserve any respect.
Is this how you treat your employees at the "business" you own? Might be why it is failing.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:30 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,589,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
As I'm sure you know, the AMA cartel explicitly and openly limits the number of new entrants into US medicals schools each year. MCAT medians have gone up over the years, which seems to indicate that students who would have made it into medical school in decades past are now being declined the opportunity.

Perhaps the solution would involve loosening the AMA's grip, no?
Definitely.

And it is due to the AMA that so many states restrict foreign doctors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Doctors have to pay outrageous liability insurance, college debt out the wazoo, high taxes, all chipping away at the income and a bunch of ranting liberals screaming they should pay higher taxes to pay for welfare leaches and Obama's BS green energy. So why would it be worth to go to school 6 plus years?
I guess you could ask the doctors who do it, and the people in school to become doctors....oh and I am pretty sure being a doctor doesn't automatically make them to be apart of one end or the other of the political spectrum.

470 posts, read 438,321 times
Default Projected Shortage Of 45,000 Doctors By 2020--Welcome To Obamacare Hell!

You asked for it you got it----right up you know where!

Nurse-Practitioners: The Answer to the Doctor Shortage? – AARP

Old 04-04-2013, 04:32 PM

I am sure this has nothing to do with our aging baby boomer population at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies