U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 29 days ago)
 
18,988 posts, read 12,192,035 times
Reputation: 10397

Advertisements

AARP (of all organizations, as they endorsed Obamacare and the addition of 40 million new patients to healthcare roles) is lamenting the future shortage of physicians.

Nurse-Practitioners: The Answer to the Doctor Shortage? – AARP

Gee............ this was all pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain-

1. cutting $750 billion from medicare will result in fewer residency slots

2. cutting $750 billion from medicare will result in reduced reimbursement

3. adding 40 million "new patients' will require MANY more providers

4. It takes about 8-10 years to "grow" new providers

5. With reduced reimbursement, fewer students will want to go to med school, go into debt $350K, and be unable to repay debt

6. Finding physicians who will take all the new medicaid patients will be difficult

7. Adding 40 million "new patients" will cost far more than anyone (including the CBO) thought



The road to disaster is paved with good intentions. Like most liberal policies, the "plan" is a far cry from reality and usually fails miserably. Not to worry.............. there will be another plan that will make things even worse.

Tell me again............................. how much did AARP get for endorsing Obamacare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:07 PM
 
Location: Earth
17,446 posts, read 23,941,374 times
Reputation: 7266
The easy answer - use H1-Bs to lower medical costs, just like H1-Bs have lowered costs for the tech industry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:14 PM
 
39,213 posts, read 20,338,563 times
Reputation: 12736
First the mortgage crises, then the student loan and now Obamacare. This law co-orces families to buy an expensive health plan and even after subsidies they will have to write a check each month. It is clear that the insurance companies will get stuck with it and eventually we will have another government bail out.

Navigators are going to be hired in every state and there are no qualifications to get the job. They are going to be signing people up who just can not afford to pay.

Employers who think they are getting under the 50 employees, they do not realize if you have employees that combined hours equals 50 full time workers then they will be considered an employer who has 50 or more full time workers. What do you think the employees will do when they find out if not already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:21 PM
 
16,553 posts, read 11,489,597 times
Reputation: 4230
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The easy answer - use H1-Bs to lower medical costs, just like H1-Bs have lowered costs for the tech industry
That will lower the quality just like it did to the tech industry. Trust me, there are some H1b's that are good in the tech field, but most are hacks and do sloppy work from what I've seen. why do you think many software companies have gone to crap and their products are full of holes? INDIA for starters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:22 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,289 posts, read 7,956,903 times
Reputation: 6464
Who could have possibly predicted all of this????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Dublin, CA
3,813 posts, read 3,655,959 times
Reputation: 3967
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
AARP (of all organizations, as they endorsed Obamacare and the addition of 40 million new patients to healthcare roles) is lamenting the future shortage of physicians.

Nurse-Practitioners: The Answer to the Doctor Shortage? – AARP

Gee............ this was all pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain-

1. cutting $750 billion from medicare will result in fewer residency slots

2. cutting $750 billion from medicare will result in reduced reimbursement

3. adding 40 million "new patients' will require MANY more providers

4. It takes about 8-10 years to "grow" new providers

5. With reduced reimbursement, fewer students will want to go to med school, go into debt $350K, and be unable to repay debt

6. Finding physicians who will take all the new medicaid patients will be difficult

7. Adding 40 million "new patients" will cost far more than anyone (including the CBO) thought



The road to disaster is paved with good intentions. Like most liberal policies, the "plan" is a far cry from reality and usually fails miserably. Not to worry.............. there will be another plan that will make things even worse.

Tell me again............................. how much did AARP get for endorsing Obamacare?
The "other" plan is going to be to raise your taxes by 10-15% to pay for all this. You know, the healthcare plan Obummer could institute which wouldn't cost "one thin dime."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:27 PM
 
Location: texas
9,137 posts, read 6,749,237 times
Reputation: 2374
obamacare=Doctor Shortage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Status: ""a mind that understands science"" (set 29 days ago)
 
18,988 posts, read 12,192,035 times
Reputation: 10397
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Who could have possibly predicted all of this????
You are kidding, right?

Obviously, all the above noted problems of Obamacare were discussed in great detail before it was "deemed passed".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:36 PM
 
39,213 posts, read 20,338,563 times
Reputation: 12736
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Who could have possibly predicted all of this????
We had to pass it to see what was in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 02:37 PM
 
39,213 posts, read 20,338,563 times
Reputation: 12736
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You are kidding, right?

Obviously, all the above noted problems of Obamacare were discussed in great detail before it was "deemed passed".
The doctor shortage if Obamacare passed was discussed to great length. Other things that we knew about was discussed only liberals would not listen because it was an Obama creation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top