Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 03:55 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Who is trying to take the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness from you?
Democrats
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 03:57 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,647,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Democrats
The Democrats took the momma bear's cub !.....

Old 04-04-2013, 04:07 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,671,477 times
under that definition nothing is "unalienable"...
but you best believe, a right or not, i'm doing so regardless.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Do we have an unalienable right to protect ourselves?

What's unalienable cannot be taken away or denied. Its most famous use is in the Declaration of Independence, which says people have unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
To find the origins of the word unalienable, we can look at the root, alien, which comes from the Latin alienus, meaning "of or belonging to another." This provides the basis for our word, with the prefix un- providing the turnaround "not," and the suffix -able providing the idea of capability. Therefore, we get “not able to be denied.” Oh, and if you are wondering about the common argument as to whether it is "unalienable" or "inalienable," either is correct.

Who has the right to try and take this right from us?
I think it's misleading when those on the left try to describe how and when to use a gun or what they believe a magazine is used.....

"Get a shotgun and blast it through the door".......

The latest .........seems to me the ones who want marijuana legal would like to take away the guns, why is this???

Asked how a ban on magazines holding more than 15 rounds would be effective in reducing gun violence, DeGette said:
“I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those know they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available.”
What she didn’t appear to understand is that a magazine can be reloaded with more bullets. According to the Shooter’s Log, only early on were magazines for AR-15s designed to be disposable, but the military changed that and now magazines are used several times. In handguns, a magazine is designed to be reused hundreds of times.
Rep. Diana DeGette appears not to understand how guns work

Old 04-04-2013, 04:17 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I don't think those things would help me defend myself.
But I would like to continue using the magazines that
came stock with my pistols.
You choice was you choice. I'm sure some Americans said the same thing when fully automatic weapons they purchased stock were banned.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The Democrats took the momma bear's cub !.....
Which would be better, take the cub or shoot the momma and mount her, then club the cub?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I want to defend myself...can I have 3 sticks of dynamite, a RPG, and dirty bombs?
If this is how you choose to defend yourself so be it, it is your choice.

Do you happen to have these or one of these ready in case of a home invasion?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Which would be better, take the cub or shoot the momma and mount her, then club the cub?
Hope you don't hunt...... You would be of the worse kind.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
A random website is taking away your rights?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Democrats
You live in Nowhere, Alaska, no Democrat has come to take any of your rights away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies