U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,297,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Translation you'd be a dumba*s to talk about a business you know nothing about.

Do you work in the food service industry or own a franchise?
I knew a guy that owned a franchise. It's no walk in the park.
You always owe to the "mother ship" and you have to buy what they tell you even if you can get it cheaper elsewhere. When all was said and done he was making what a middle manager at a big company was making without all the stress. He eventually got out of it. That's just the one person I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 12:44 PM

9,138 posts, read 6,731,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Here is what some of you people do not understand; the pay is based on the availability of the skill, I do not see what is so difficult to understand about this.

Flipping burgers is a no skilled job, that is why is offers low wages, because almost everyone can do this. A rocket scientist on the other hand, as a higher skill set and is harder to find, thus when a company needs this skill, the wages are higher because there is less available people with this skill.

Whether a person qualifies for SNAP or not is not a concern of a business, it is the government that sets that standard.
That is not the only factor in pay.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:47 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,346,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Franchise owners do not have to form corporations. They can but it's not mandated.
They can be sole proprietorship or LLC or S Corp.

From what I've googled McDonalds does not require franchise owners to become corporations.
The leasee's require them to be corporations in order to limit liability to the property owners. One would be a complete fool to operate businesses like this as a sole proprietorship

p.s. S Corp, are corporations. and LLC's are indeed forms of corporations as well.. So your list two actually validate what I said as correct.
Quote:
Translation you'd be a dumba*s to talk about a business you know nothing about.
So when you said your employees were part timers, you lied?

Quote:
Do you work in the food service industry or own a franchise?
Used to own a bar and a hotel, but what the hells that got to do with you only hiring part time employees? My employee/employer relationship has nothing to do with yours..

Old 07-31-2013, 12:48 PM

45,595 posts, read 33,869,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Those franchise agreements are only good provided the franchise corporations run their stores in the manner the franchisee agrees with. Their ALL corporations, which pretty much partner with one another
Mc Donalds Corp is very clear that franchisers' employee compensation and employment practices are independent of Mc Donalds Corp.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 PM

Doubling McDonald's Salaries A Great Way To Get Workers Replaced By Machines - Forbes

Old 07-31-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Mc Donalds Corp is very clear that franchisers' employee compensation and employment practices are independent of Mc Donalds Corp.
Yes I know.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:51 PM

17,535 posts, read 19,707,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Doubling McDonald's Salaries Would Cause Your Big Mac To Cost Just 68 More: Study [UPDATE]
I would gladly pay 68 cents more so people get a better salary and don't need SNAP to live.
I would gladly pay 68 cents but the problem is that your article is complete BS and really won't do jack... anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know how businesses work and are idiots..

Old 07-31-2013, 01:00 PM

1,515 posts, read 995,998 times
I couldn't rep you again yet, but I think you're exactly correct in this statement. If you don't like what you're paid, leave and go somewhere else that pays you more! Nobody is forcing anybody to work there. Of course these crybabies could make themselves worth more, but that actually takes ambition and work. Far easier to just whine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I was not aware people were not able to quit working at McDonald's if they believed they were not being fairly compensated for the work they preform.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:03 PM

23,219 posts, read 11,473,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Starting salaries for teachers in Texas with BS degrees is $27K-$30K.
$15/hour working 40 hours gives you a $31K salary.

Someone who didn't finish HS, doesn't speak English and cleans tables would be making more than a college degreed new teacher in Texas.

What is wrong with this picture ?
school is 7 hours a day, 5 days a week,for the 8 1/2 months a year.

you are comparing them to someone who is working 8 to 10 hours a day for 6 days a week all year around.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,297,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
school is 7 hours a day, 5 days a week,for the 8 1/2 months a year.

you are comparing them to someone who is working 8 to 10 hours a day for 6 days a week all year around.
School is a day based contract ..usually 187 days.

Teaching at the entry level comes out to about $18/hour.
That's what I was trying to compare. That's only a $3/hour difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies