Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 12:24 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
isn't this your post:

Originally Posted by pghquest
Those franchise agreements are only good provided the franchise corporations run their stores in the manner the franchisee agrees with. Their ALL corporations, which pretty much partner with one another.

Why do you underline that? does it matter what is it - corporation vs franchise? your whole discussion with HappyTexan was to prove McDonald's locally are corporations. What for if you do not have underwater bias against them?
Yes, thats my posting, ITS A FACT.. And if you read the thread, the poster I responded to said they werent..

Since when did me pointing out A FACT that franchese are corporations equate to bias against them? I own multiple corporations and lease properties to these franchese, what the hell would give you the impression I dont like them if I live off of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 12:25 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What did I say about your business that was wrong? Everything I've said YOU'VE stated..
Your not worth talking to.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The CEO making !,000X what workers make while shouting "Let them eat cake!" ?
The overwhelming majority of people who are employed at Mc Donald stores areemployed by corporations that own one or more franchises. They are not employees of Mc Donalds Corp.
The independent franchise owners set their own wages. Presumably most do based on the supply and demand within their own markets.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Actually, raising the minimum wage in a recession puts money in worker's hands who now become your customers.
Only if you want to ignore the fact that when you raise the minimum wage, you have to lay people off, especially in a recession.. Where the hell do you think the money will come from?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Your not worth talking to.
Translation, I said nothing wrong.. Thanks..

Old 07-31-2013, 12:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That's why government programs are adjusted upward. In 2000 the FPL was around $8000 and min wage was around $10K/yr, now the FPL is around $11K and min wage is $15K. Min wage simply pays too much to qualify for pubic aid unless you have a kid.
The extra money you bring in though won't cover all the programs you drop out of.
For 30 hours you end up with $900 extra gross per month..that's before taxes.
And the cry is that you can't raise a family on this so assume there are kids.
SNAP loss is $130/month per person
Medicaid loss would be huge as they pay $0 premiums now.
Then there's WIC and the free school breakfasts and lunches.

Just those 2 programs give you more than the extra money you'd be bringing in could cover.

That's why it wouldn't work. They would have to up the poverty line so these people could still get benefits.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:32 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Yes, thats my posting, ITS A FACT.. And if you read the thread, the poster I responded to said they werent..

Since when did me pointing out A FACT that franchese are corporations equate to bias against them? I own multiple corporations and lease properties to these franchese, what the hell would give you the impression I dont like them if I live off of them?
Franchise owners do not have to form corporations. They can but it's not mandated.
They can be sole proprietorship or LLC or S Corp.

From what I've googled McDonalds does not require franchise owners to become corporations.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:33 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,257,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The extra money you bring in though won't cover all the programs you drop out of.
For 30 hours you end up with $900 extra gross per month..that's before taxes.
And the cry is that you can't raise a family on this so assume there are kids.
SNAP loss is $130/month per person
Medicaid loss would be huge as they pay $0 premiums now.
Then there's WIC and the free school breakfasts and lunches.

Just those 2 programs give you more than the extra money you'd be bringing in could cover.

That's why it wouldn't work. They would have to up the poverty line so these people could still get benefits.
I wasn't disagreeing with you; I was just pointing out that raising the min wage does nothing for those that qualify for pubic aid because the income threshold adjusts upward.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:35 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's already being done in Europe..touchscreen kiosk ordering.
7000 installed and in use. Just a matter of time before it comes here.

Oh and Jack in the Box installed 2 machines which will dispense almost 20 different varieties of soda.
It's pretty neat. Cashiers now only need to hand out a cup. The machines are serviced by another company that comes in once per day to stock.

Also..the older FF restaurants used to have 5-6 cashier stands. The newer ones only have 2 or 3.
People need to start noticing things to see the trend.

Self checkouts...4-6 checkouts and only 1 human to oversee them.
See the ATM for what would happen. You walk in and go up to a touch screen, punch in your order grab a cup and go fill your drink. Couple cooks and a guy to bring your tray up will be making $15 an hour. The rest will be screaming about how they can't find a job.

Check that no cooks needed either..............

"A company called Momentum Machines has designed a robotic burger maker called Burgeon designed to replace short order cooks in fast food restaurants. The company claims that the Burgeon can make up to 360 burgers per hour. And, in case there's any doubt about the intention of the device, the company's message, posted on its website, is clear, "Our alpha machine replaces all of the hamburger line cooks in a restaurant. It does everything employees can do except better."

http://www.dvice.com/archives/2012/1...r_making_r.php

Old 07-31-2013, 12:37 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Translation, I said nothing wrong.. Thanks..
Translation you'd be a dumba*s to talk about a business you know nothing about.

Do you work in the food service industry or own a franchise?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies