Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should gays be allowed to coach
yes they should 103 68.21%
no they should not 24 15.89%
Louisiana hot sauce is superior to franks hot sauce 24 15.89%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 06:06 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He only attacked children that were the same gender as him.

Aren't people who claim to be attracted to and only have sex with people who are of the same gender referred to as gay?
Are you saying that because you are a heterosexual male, you are sexually attracted to little girls?

Do you not understand the difference between a young child and an adult?

That's disturbing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes.

To protect children.
All the research from the past 60 years shows that children (both boys and girls) are far more at risk of being sexually molested by a heterosexual male.

So your statement is based on ignorance and prejudice.

http://www.city-data.com/blogs/blog3...lestation.html

Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 AM

238 posts, read 590,108 times
I do believe once the "child" is post puberty, the molester has their preferences as to gender.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
And they'd get arrested if they were in the locker room watching them shower.

A man does not have to be a pedophile in order for it to be wrong for him to be in the shower room with girls. Likewise, a lesbian doesn't have to be a pedophile either. The rules should be the same for straight men and lesbians here for the same reasons. If we were worried about pedophiles, we would allow straight men who are not pedophiles into girls locker rooms and just keep the pedophiles out. Why is it we insist that ALL MEN stay out of the girls locker room and not just pedphiles and why wouldn't the same logic apply to lesbians?

I don't care whether my dd's gym teacher is male/female/lesbian/gay. I would, however, expect a man or a lesbian to stay out of the showers.
Face it.

The vast majority of child molesters are heterosexual men - with a heterosexual adult sexual orientation.

Not straight women, not lesbians, not gay men.

A small minority of child molesters are true pedophiles with no adult sexual orientation. (about 7% according to one of the largest studies of over 4000 child molesters)

Old 04-10-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
there are many people who think Hitler was gay.
Only ignorant anti-gay bigots like Scott Lively and Kevin Abrams

Old 04-10-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I find it particularly curious that the haters cannot understand that normal people, be they straight, gay, or whatever, are quite capable of controlling their sexual attractions and behaviors. Makes one wonder ........
I wonder if they are also the ones who would say that without their religion and the threat of hell, they would rape, kill, steal etc.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:41 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,563,825 times
Should gays be allowed to teach gym class? Um, I'm pretty certain that P.E. has the highest ratio of gay teachers. And it's been that way for a long time.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 AM

25,962 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I think they should be allowed to teach BUT I do not think they should be in the locker room. I see no reason that a teacher should be in the locker room when the children are dressing/showering unless there is some sort of disturbance or issues going on that need to be answered. There are a few things wrong with the logic here. I read that 1/3 of the pedos consider themselves homosexual. Homosexual pedos often position themselves where they have access to children, their "feed". Some here seem extremely naive about the sexual drive. When you are talking about someone who is a teen female, for instance, they really don't have to be a pedophile for desire when they are looking at the naked female of that age. Seriously, would a man who accidentally saw a naked 16 year old and felt sexually aroused be a pedophile? Everything is there in place and developed. What operates here is "sexual boundaries". It would be better for everyone involved if the gym teacher stays out of the locker room. I remember in the 70's, our heterosexual gym teacher did not come in accept once when someone started having seizures. Yes, there could be homosexual students but that is much different than a person in power, the teacher being a homosexual. Keep in mind too that a lot of parents would not want to grant the homosexual teacher any slack so her being in the locker room could produce more problems than not and while you may not think that is right, it is the reality. The school is not the place to experiment or push "social" agendas. Not everyone but enough people have heard about the homosexual group that promoted "sex before 8 or it is too late" and that involved introducing children to the homosexual lifestyle and yes, those people were sick but we have a lot of sick people now. Why take the chance with our children? Let her teach but set boundaries and they should apply to both heterosexual and homosexual teachers.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:58 AM

1,013 posts, read 1,192,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
And I find it similarly curious that anyone who does not eagerly buy into the agenda of the LGBT coalition and the rest of its left-leaning alliance is automatically categorized as a "hater" -- it's the same modus operandi (in reverse) that guided Joe McCarthy and the Birch society sixty years ago.
McCarthyism is based on making accusations of disloyalty, subversion, etc. without proper regard for evidence.

Not supporting equality for LGBTQ is all the evidence one needs to be considered a hater.

But perhaps you don't view discrimination or marginalization as hateful. If not then congrats on being so privileged!

This ramped fear that being gay causes you to sexually abuse children is based on sheer ignorance.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:41 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sandusky was not gay. He was married to the same woman for over 50 years.
My aunt was married to a gay man for around 45 years until he died a couple years ago. They had three children. He had boyfriends the entire time they were married. It is probably less common for gay people to marry people of the opposite sex today but much more common in the past.

BTW, are you inferring that since Sandusky was a pedophile, he could not be gay? According to the DSM-IV-TR® Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, pedophilia is defined as "a sexual preference for children, boys or girls or both, usually of prepubertal or early pubertal age. In Sandusky's case, he would first approach boys when they were 8–12 years-old. His relationships with them continued until at least they were in high school. The Sandusky charges were initiated at Clinton County High School, where a student made allegations of abuse against Sandusky. So he was not only attracted to prepubertal or early pubertal age children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies