U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: should gays be allowed to coach
yes they should 103 68.21%
no they should not 24 15.89%
Louisiana hot sauce is superior to franks hot sauce 24 15.89%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,567 posts, read 2,081,713 times
Reputation: 1629

Advertisements

My niece that is 13 years old told me today that her track coach is a lesbian. She also told me that said coach encourages her and her teammates to shower after practice, but some of the girls don't shower because the coaches sexuality makes them uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:49 PM
 
Location: Clear Lake Area
2,076 posts, read 3,914,492 times
Reputation: 1966
Just because she's gay doesn't mean she is also a pedophile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,289 posts, read 7,959,930 times
Reputation: 6464
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Just because she's gay doesn't mean she is also a pedophile.
So should men be able to be a women's gym coach including being in the dressing women?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 PM
 
1,729 posts, read 1,492,133 times
Reputation: 886
Locker room showers, just like my boy Sandusky from Penn state
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 PM
 
17,763 posts, read 19,796,610 times
Reputation: 7429
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Just because she's gay doesn't mean she is also a pedophile.
Are you suggesting that a male coach should be able to watch girls shower because he is not a pedophile? I don't mind gays/lesbians coaching... but I do draw the line with showers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 PM
 
13,180 posts, read 13,080,416 times
Reputation: 4532
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
My niece that is 13 years old told me today that her track coach is a lesbian. She also told me that said coach encourages the her and her teammates to shower after practice but some of the girls don't shower because the coaches sexuality makes them uncomfortable.
What do you mean she "encourages them"? What's the standard procedure? Does the school want them to take a shower after practice? Or is it totally optional but this "lesbian" is cajoling them to take showers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Clear Lake Area
2,076 posts, read 3,914,492 times
Reputation: 1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Are you suggesting that a male coach should be able to watch girls shower because he is not a pedophile?
Nice straw man there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,567 posts, read 2,081,713 times
Reputation: 1629
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What do you mean she "encourages them"? What's the standard procedure? Does the school want them to take a shower?
public schools can't make kids shower these days to my knowledge
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 PM
 
Location: The Land of Reason
13,300 posts, read 10,493,789 times
Reputation: 3541
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Just because she's gay doesn't mean she is also a pedophile.
People often get the two confused
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 PM
 
13,180 posts, read 13,080,416 times
Reputation: 4532
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
public schools can't make kids shower these days to my knowledge
So what has she done to "encourage" them to shower?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top