Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM

33,548 posts, read 18,143,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
This is why I'm a non-denominational Christian. The religions can't even agree on what form of baptism is correct, or when the sabbath is, or even when Easter is.

We, as humans took something so simple and pure and battered it until it is unrecognizeable. If God is as vengeful as some think He is, mankind would have been toast a long time ago.
Eat the meat and spit out the bones... there is error in teaching . One must know what the word of God says directly to know what is truth and what is not. One does not need to be baptized to be born of the spirit. Yet believers are instructed to be baptized as a testament to God as a symbol of the new birth in the Holy Spirit and resurrection.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
God will judge them by looking at the heart and the motive. War is something that has been for ages.. there was war in heaven. God cast satan out with one third of the angels for rebelling because they wanted to be higher than God.

The end of the Bible states how bad it will become in revelation. Economical collapse, one world government, anti-christ one world leader, much death and destruction, famine, plagues and sickness. it is not paradise here for sure and it will get much worse in the end times..

Two kind of people who say they are Christians . One uses God for their gain, another- God uses them for God's gain.
What is god gaining from christians being divisive, and holier that thou to others? All that does is push others away from god.
Before you say they aren't real christians, you have done both of those things in this thread alone.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreehat View Post
How dare you? I would never consume spaghetti-os, never! For the dogs of Satan could not even bend my mouth toward the spaghetti-os.

You cannot possibly know or understand who or what you are messing with. Repent now and be saved. Accept me as your Lord.
Wow, with the reps you are getting I hope not to get many..

Old 04-05-2013, 11:42 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
A lot of people are referencing the Bible rather than the teachings of Christ. Keep in mind that Christ did not go by the nonsense in the Bible.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What is god gaining from christians being divisive, and holier that thou to others? All that does is push others away from god.
Before you say they aren't real christians, you have done both of those things in this thread alone.
You might as well say that to Jesus.. that he is holier than thou. I didn't say the things on my own that came out of Jesus's mouth.. you just don't like what Jesus said. It is his message.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:45 AM

238 posts, read 589,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
lefties seem to think that jesus surrounded himself with practicing prostitutes, tax collectors and homosexuals.

They neglect the "go and sin no more" part.

bingo !

Old 04-05-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
A lot of people are referencing the Bible rather than the teachings of Christ. Keep in mind that Christ did not go by the nonsense in the Bible.
So you denounce the word of God the bible that was written by the holy ghost. YOur choice. I believe you think you can talk to spirits too . Isn't that a part of your beliefs? You are all over the religion chat in City Data.. you think the bible is an idol.. really weird of you..

Old 04-05-2013, 11:54 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
You might as well say that to Jesus.. that he is holier than thou. I didn't say the things on my own that came out of Jesus's mouth.. you just don't like what Jesus said. It is his message.
What did Jesus say about homosexuals?
Did Jesus even once say homosexuality is a sin?

No. You are taking the words from the OT, and from Paul, and attributing them to Jesus.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:54 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Obviously some have missed the part where it says to take the plank out of your own eye before trying to take the mote out of our neighbor's eye.

Some of the arguments I see here are the reason I no longer belong to a church. "Believe my way or no way."

We attempt to limit a God who has no limits by forcing His people to follow a dogma that was invented by man, not God. We ask what would Jesus do, then completely ignore what He would truly do. Jesus forgave those who crucified Him from the cross. He healed the ear of one of the men who were arresting Him after Peter cut it off.

Can we do less?

These are the same people who slaughtered millions because they didn't follow the "church". Which church? Catholic, Protestant?

Jesus gave us two commandments, love God, love your neighbor. If you love God, you won't harm your neighbor. By harming, He meant adultry, covetousness, murder, bearing false witness, stealing, etc. Then He gave us the parable of the Samaritan.

Why do you think He did that? Samaritans were hated by the people he was teaching. Think about it. And while you're pondering that, ponder this: Besides the money-changers, who did Jesus really get pissed at?

So, while we're all standing around, Bibles firmly in our hands, pointing fingers and yelling "sinner" at the top of our self-righteous lungs, we need to stop and think: "What would Jesus do?"

What, indeed.

Last edited by carterstamp; 04-05-2013 at 12:08 PM..

Old 04-05-2013, 11:56 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
So you denounce the word of God the bible that was written by the holy ghost. YOur choice. I believe you think you can talk to spirits too . Isn't that a part of your beliefs? You are all over the religion chat in City Data.. you think the bible is an idol.. really weird of you..
I should clarify. I don't denounce the word of God. I'm just not brainwashed by a church into thinking that this book that it shoved down the masses' throats has any relation to God. There's significant discrepancies between the teachings of the Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ and the book of nonsense, the Bible.

No, I don't think I can talk to spirits. You are making up nonsense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies