Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2013, 10:52 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I don't expect these people to make much sense. They don't even know their own holy book let alone anything about sexual orientation.

Well I want to know if you're still considered a "Practicing" homosexual if you have, indeed, perfected being a homosexual.

And does that change the OP's question?

Old 04-05-2013, 11:00 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Yes, anyone could.

Sadly, since Jesus somehow never wrote his own teachings, we have to rely on opinions, hearsay, and interpretation.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:04 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreehat View Post
Please realize the people who hate homosexuality, call it is sin or whatever, are actually homosexuals, so they hold on to this stupid idea that people choose to be gay or not.

Whenever somebody is bashing homosexuality please understand that the individual speaking negatively about homosexuality is actually just a closeted homosexual who is uncomfortable with all of the homosexual feelings that are floating around in their heads.
And please understand that those who speak negatively about blacks, and just closeted blacks, and those who speak negatively about the rich, are just closeted rich

Old 04-05-2013, 11:06 AM

491 posts, read 373,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
I think the key tenet of christianity is to "Love one another as I have loved you." There is a lot more talk in the Bible about Jesus doing just that than that one line in the new testament (not even in the gospel) about homosexuality possibly being a sin.

If more christians followed that golden rule, this world would be a happier place.
Yes, but you seem to be thinking that loving one another means condoning actions that end in death.

Jesus forgave and said "Go and sin no more".

Old 04-05-2013, 11:07 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Omniscient? That makes the whole thing an even bigger farce.

So he creates beings, gives them commandments to live by knowing all along that most of the people he created will not follow his laws? Why would he create a baby in Afghanistan that will NEVER have a chance to learn anything about Christianity and would therefore be doomed to hell before he/she is even born?

If he's omniscient, then he knew about Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, 9-11, etc...and did nothing to save people. So what's the sense in believing in him? An omniscient God would know that Hitler would never accept Christianity which kills your notion of "free will" since our lives are already predestined.
God also says we do not know when and how we die, we must be ready to face God . Hitler was lead by satan. If a Christian dies their body is killed or murdered by satan, but they will have everlasting life through Christ. Do not fear those who can kill the body, but fear him how can kill soul and body.
New International Version (©2011)
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. New Living Translation (©2007)
"Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

I don't believe in predestination as you stated.. one has control of ones life. NO ONE is predestined and set in concrete as what happens to them.. if anyone continues in sin they will be predestined to not to enter into the kingdom of God..their CHOICE... that is what predestined means.. broad is the road to destruction and many be there to take it.. narrow is the way that leads to eternal life.. we choose our destiny. What is predestined is the narrow road . One where they must accept Jesus Christ as savior.

A child who never hears the gospel will not be judged as an adult that hears the word of God and rejects it. God knows all and he can do what he wants at all times... the beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord, but perfect love of God casts out fear.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltreehat View Post
Please realize the people who hate homosexuality, call it is sin or whatever, are actually homosexuals, so they hold on to this stupid idea that people choose to be gay or not.

Whenever somebody is bashing homosexuality please understand that the individual speaking negatively about homosexuality is actually just a closeted homosexual who is uncomfortable with all of the homosexual feelings that are floating around in their heads.
wow, what a stretch. I guess if one disproves of anything , they actually love it.. I would hate to eat worms,, but by your standard I really want to eat them in the closet. lol

Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Just wondering.
I believe He would have.

I don't think He would have wanted hateful, judgmental bigots with Him.

You would have been told to leave.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:16 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensa130 View Post
Yes, but you seem to be thinking that loving one another means condoning actions that end in death.

Jesus forgave and said "Go and sin no more".
You are not Jesus, I don't need YOU to condone anything about my life. I don't need you to forgive me, or condemn me, or preach to me.

ALL I need from you, is for you to keep your religious belief out of our secular government, and leave me alone to live MY life by MY beliefs.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I believe He would have.

I don't think He would have wanted hateful, judgmental bigots with Him.

You would have been told to leave.
Jesus welcomes all sinners to walk with him... actually walking with Jesus does mean the sinner becomes Christ like.. it is written.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Dude, enough already.

We get it.
Why do you feed trolls?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies