Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:52 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
As the woman taken in adultery, Jesus said , Go And Sin NO MORE.
Guess you aren't aware that the story in John 7:53-8:11 was a later addition that wasn't in the earliest Greek manuscripts?

http://www.biblegateway.com/resource...es-Woman-Taken

Old 04-05-2013, 08:52 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Just wondering.
How is this political? Why do you care?

Old 04-05-2013, 08:54 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
If Jesus were walking the Earth today and if the "sin no more" were active...Who of us could walk with him?

I am Human.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:55 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,381,370 times
Quote:
No, That is out of context , way out of context..It is written, should grace abound that sin abound, GOD FORBID.

We are told to judge righteous judgement. Judge the fruit of a person whether it is good or bad. If one continues in sin they have NO PART of God. Jesus came for the remission of sin. Jesus prepaid the price for our sins but we must be born of the Holy Spirit, to invite Jesus into our lives and follow him through his word . Then the word edifies the spirit and the old flesh person will war against the new spirit. Then the Holy Spirit conquers sin as we ask God for forgiveness for our sin. We grow to be a stronger Christian when the Holy Spirit edifies us in all parts of our lives. It is a mystery how the Holy Spirit cleanses us through the acceptance of Jesus's sacrifice on the cross.
I consider the 'fruit' of fundamentalist "Christians" to be rotten.

Who are you to judge others? Especially when you have shown you yourself do not follow some of Christ's main teachings:

John 13:34-35
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Mark 12:28-31
"The second is this, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Romans 13:8-10
Let, no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet", and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to its neighbor.

Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
1 John 4:18:
Jesus said: "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.
1 John 4:16-21
God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:58 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Lefties seem to think that Jesus surrounded himself with practicing prostitutes, tax collectors and homosexuals.

They neglect the "Go and sin no more" part.
1) Go and sin no more does not exist in the original scriptures. 2) Jesus Christ said not a single word about homosexuals. Christians don't worship Paul or Leviticus. It's not Paulianity.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Lefties seem to think that Jesus surrounded himself with practicing prostitutes, tax collectors and homosexuals.

They neglect the "Go and sin no more" part.
The "go and sin no more" part is what makes the story so ridiculous in the first place.

If we're all sinners (according to the Christian faith), how could they be commanded to not sin anymore? And by 'God" no less.

How can born sinners "go and sin no more?"

Not to mention once again that there is no proof of the existence of Jesus in the first place. So why would you concern yourself with how a fictional character would perceive gays?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:03 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Quote:
As the woman taken in adultery, Jesus said , Go And Sin NO MORE.
Jesus wants everybody to go and sin no more. Why do gay people deserve special attention?

Old 04-05-2013, 09:04 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Just wondering.
Seeing that homosexuality (a new term) was part of mainstream society and was spoken down upon by Jesus, I don't see why he'd have an issue with it.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:04 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I would rather have young people uttering Oh My God - than not mentioning God at all. It is not in vain. To be a wack job Christian and in vanity (vain) constantly utter the name of Jesus over and over again our of so-called righteous pride is taking the Lord's name vain. As for God making judgement - I would say that the master of eternity and the endless universe does not occupy himself with such trivial matters of judging what are mere microbes in comparison to HIM. That would be like you or I watching an ant hill and pointing out the evil ants as compared to the good ants.

We all know what is good and Godly. It is man that judges and punishes. God created everything..The good and the evil and has domain over both. It is our job to sort it out. We start with ourselves.

One of God's commandments is not trivial.. do you not respect the ten commandments written by God?YOu make alot of sense and I read you often. I am surprised by your answer above. I really am.Does not sound like your usual smart self.
Do you not know what taking the Lord's name in vain is? To utter the word god as an exclamation is taking the Lord's name in vain..they are not actually calling on God..they are not even thinking about God at all. Saying God is becoming trivial and with no meaning.

Ever hear one saying Jesus Christ as a curse word when they are frustrated . I cringe when I hear someone curse in Jesus's name.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:08 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
I consider the 'fruit' of fundamentalist "Christians" to be rotten.

Who are you to judge others? Especially when you have shown you yourself do not follow some of Christ's main teachings:

John 13:34-35
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.

“By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Mark 12:28-31
"The second is this, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Romans 13:8-10
Let, no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law. The commandments, “Do not commit adultery,” “Do not murder,” “Do not steal,” “Do not covet", and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to its neighbor.

Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
1 John 4:18:
Jesus said: "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.
1 John 4:16-21
God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment; because as He is, so also are we in this world.

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves punishment, and the one who fears is not perfected in love. We love, because He first loved us.

If someone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for the one who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from Him, that the one who loves God should love his brother also.
Read the words 'Go and sin no more. Maybe you will understand that Jesus died to take away the sins of the world. If one loves the homosexual they will say to them as Jesus said. Go and sin no more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies