Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 06:51 AM

470 posts, read 436,571 times

Advertisements

The liberal brown shirts are after your children---Sieg Heil Obama!

MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry Advocates Maoist “Collective” Child Raising, America’s “Kids Belong To Their Communities”… | Weasel Zippers

Old 04-05-2013, 07:05 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,315,321 times
Single parenting needs a helper! LOL!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:09 AM

29,918 posts, read 18,476,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post

The idiots actually beleive this stuff. It is a classic example of irrational "group think" and a reflex regurgitation of Marxist doctrine without a moment of mental processing.

Liberalism has, and will continue, to destroy the country. It is personal self hate on a macro scale and defies common sense. One can easily show this by asking any liberal to practice the tenets of liberalism on a personal, micro scale. They will tell you that you are crazy, when in fact, the converse is true.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:18 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,444,169 times
It does take a community to raise a child. It takes a community that takes safety, good schools, engaged communities, and environments of learning to help people do better in life. I thought everyone (right or left) was pretty well agreed on that.

If you don't like things like that...well, I don't understand. If you want to raise your kid in unsafe areas with apathetic communities where the schools are terrible, I guess you can find that if you want. I would love to see people's faces when you tell them that.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
It does take a community to raise a child. It takes a community that takes safety, good schools, engaged communities, and environments of learning to help people do better in life. I thought everyone (right or left) was pretty well agreed on that.

If you don't like things like that...well, I don't understand. If you want to raise your kid in unsafe areas with apathetic communities where the schools are terrible, I guess you can find that if you want. I would love to see people's faces when you tell them that.

??????

Liberal thoughts, such as yours, have led to the exhoneration of poor parenting and the the abandonment of the responsibilities of raising a child to "the community". Look how that has worked out!

PARENTS are by far the greatest influnence on a kid, not "the community". I am a physician and was (and am) pretty busy. However, I ALWAYS helped my kids with homework, always reviewed papers, and asked them what the hell was going on in school.

If you want continued declining test scores and fostering a "community" that bears no personal responsibility, keep supporting that concept of "communal" raising of kids! I will match my kids test scores against any of those raised by "the community".

Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,634,434 times
There is a difference between helping your community, being involved, making it a better place and being owned by your community.

Seriously, the more I hear liberals spout their ideas, the more I am convinced that "The Borg" could happen some day. Assimilate the individual into the collective (remove freedom), fill their heads with thoughs (brainwash and propaganda) and tell them it is all in their best interests.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:30 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,634,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
??????

Liberal thoughts, such as yours, have led to the exhoneration of poor parenting and the the abandonment of the responsibilities of raising a child to "the community". Look how that has worked out!

PARENTS are by far the greatest influnence on a kid, not "the community". I am a physician and was (and am) pretty busy. However, I ALWAYS helped my kids with homework, always reviewed papers, and asked them what the hell was going on in school.

If you want continued declining test scores and fostering a "community" that bears no personal responsibility, keep supporting that concept of "communal" raising of kids! I will match my kids test scores against any of those raised by "the community".
You are right!! That removement of responsibility is actually a reason why some parents view this theory as good. It gives them an excuse to be a bad parent and then they can blame the state. Hands off parenting never works!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:33 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,392,470 times
It takes a community?

What if I as the parent don't want some hack union public school teacher filling my child's head with nonsense leftist propaganda?

Does my right to impart my vlaues on my children cease to exist when it runs afoul of official state doctrine?

Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
You are right!! That removement of responsibility is actually a reason why some parents view this theory as good. It gives them an excuse to be a bad parent and then they can blame the state. Hands off parenting never works!

Agreed. "The community" concept STINKS. That is why home schooled kids score so much higher than kids in public schools- strong parental involvement. That is also why kids in parochial schools score higher on standard tests than kids in public schools- strong parental involvement.

Want a "community" of idiots? Leave it to the "community" to raise and educate them. The terrible decline of the public school system is "the community" at work!

Old 04-05-2013, 07:41 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,166,139 times
Typical liberal thinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies