Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2013, 09:12 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

15% of youth under 15 are having sex. While it's not the majority..it's also not 0%.

That percentage is on this .gov website
Family Planning - Healthy People
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 09:14 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Um, they are ALREADY FREE TO HAVE SEX.

The rest of this post makes it obvious that is not just the teens who need a bit of education.
So you find 10 year olds understanding that they're "Free to Have Sex"

Were does this leave under age sex? Do you at all get were preverts can take this?

Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
S/he is correct. Before the MAP, some docs gave a high dose of BCP for the same thing.
Using Regular Prescription Birth Control Pills as Emergency Birth Control Pills
Your a nurse just how is this pill safe? Most medicine is NOT to be taken unless needed.... I'm I correct?

This pill can be taken the next day weather pregnant or not, doesn't make much sense to me.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:23 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you making this up or is your school district more concerned about not educating the kids about sex?
It's called parody.

Sine the religious right continues to protest sex ed in schools and the PP protesters are already having fits over this ruling.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:26 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Your a nurse just how is this pill safe? Most medicine is NOT to be taken unless needed.... I'm I correct?

This pill can be taken the next day weather pregnant or not, doesn't make much sense to me.
I don't understand what you're asking. I don't work in the field any more. However, the MAP (Plan B only, not the other one) has been approved as OTC, so it's pretty safe for one time use. If you're asking about using BCP for emergency contraception, that's been done for a long time. I worked in a student health center back in the early 70s where they prescribed BCP in high doses for EC, prior to Plan B being on the market. You would still have to obtain the BCP somehow, yes, if that's what you're asking. If you were already on the pill, it wouldn't be an issue.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
So you find 10 year olds understanding that they're "Free to Have Sex"

Were does this leave under age sex? Do you at all get were preverts can take this?
Are you proposing making it illegal for the kids to have sex? It is already illegal in most states to have sex with someone some number of years older. That is called statutory rape, even if there is consent. Most people are not going to go to the police station to have sex. There usually isn't a law enforcement officer around when it happens, to arrest them.

And really, ten is a bit of hyperbole. Although that link that Happy Texan posted yesterday talked about 8 and 9 year old boys saying they'd had sex, it was all self-report. I don't think many boys that age can "get it up".

Old 04-06-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
It's called parody.

Sine the religious right continues to protest sex ed in schools and the PP protesters are already having fits over this ruling.
They can protest all they want but sex ed is in the public schools and has been for a number of years.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Are you proposing making it illegal for the kids to have sex? It is already illegal in most states to have sex with someone some number of years older. That is called statutory rape, even if there is consent. Most people are not going to go to the police station to have sex. There usually isn't a law enforcement officer around when it happens, to arrest them.

And really, ten is a bit of hyperbole. Although that link that Happy Texan posted yesterday talked about 8 and 9 year old boys saying they'd had sex, it was all self-report. I don't think many boys that age can "get it up".
That was not me and you've already harped on me saying minors and 12 years old.

You seem to think no one under 17 is having sex.

Go verify your references to what a poster said before claiming they said it because that was not me talking about 8-9 year old boys.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That was not me and you've already harped on me saying minors and 12 years old.

You seem to think no one under 17 is having sex.

Go verify your references to what a poster said before claiming they said it because that was not me talking about 8-9 year old boys.
I never said no one under 17 isn't having sex. I even posted a quote from your link (below) that showed that in this low-income study, 25% of kids under 16 were having sex, and the average age for girls to start sexual activity in that study was 13.something.

In this link, there's a reference to a few kids having sex as young as 8-9, and a nine year old boy who had sex. I think he's uh, exaggerating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Your problem area is low income families.

Low-income kids report first sexual intercourse at 12 years old in new ISU study - News Service - Iowa State University
It found that among nearly 1,000 low-income families in three major cities, one in four children between the ages of 11 and 16 reported having sex, with their first sexual intercourse experience occurring at the average age of 12.77.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
I never said no one under 17 isn't having sex. I even posted a quote from your link (below) that showed that in this low-income study, 25% of kids under 16 were having sex, and the average age for girls to start sexual activity in that study was 13.something.

In this link, there's a reference to a few kids having sex as young as 8-9, and a nine year old boy who had sex. I think he's uh, exaggerating.
Well that makes it even worse if 8-9 year olds are now having sex doesn't it ?
That's third grade.

But I didn't post that link to report on 8-9 year olds but to back up my post on 12 year olds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies