Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 02:12 PM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
An even more brilliant idea would be to not have sex without protection until you can afford a child.

Cue the liberals.........."but kids will always have sex", "sometimes birth control doesn't work", "you hate poor people and I demand that you apologize for hating them".
Why.....that IS a brilliant idea!

Now, just how do you plan to make people do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 02:13 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Let's note.......You can't pick one year and make any sort of conclusion.

•Teens are waiting longer to have sex than they did in the recent past. In 2006–2008, some 11% of never-married females aged 15–19 and 14% of never-married males that age had had sex before age 15, compared with 19% and 21%, respectively, in 1995.
Oh, FFS! You just don't want to believe it, do you? I knew I shouldn't have given in and actually looked up statistics! You are like the people surveyed for this article:

Most Americans think teen pregnancy is getting worse. Most Americans are wrong.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:15 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, FFS! You just don't want to believe it, do you? I knew I shouldn't have given in and actually looked up statistics! You are like the people surveyed for this article:

Most Americans think teen pregnancy is getting worse. Most Americans are wrong.
That is NOT how statistics work. Sorry.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I'm fine with that but not behind my back.
Not all kids have parents that they can turn to about sexual matters.

If you have a good relationship with your kids.....why would you have to worry about them using BC or MAP behind your back anyway?

Old 05-02-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Not all kids have parents that they can turn to about sexual matters.
That has nothing to do with me. Not all parents will teach their kids proper usage of a gun either.

Quote:
If you have a good relationship with your kids.....why would you have to worry about them using BC or MAP behind your back anyway?
Because kids do that.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
That has nothing to do with me. Not all parents will teach their kids proper usage of a gun either.

Because kids do that.
Yes it does.

Because....... if their parents don't teach them to or allow them to use BC and a pregnancy results.....you and I will be left holding the tax bag.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Yes it does.

Because....... if their parents don't teach them to or allow them to use BC and a pregnancy results.....you and I will be left holding the tax bag.
That has nothing to do with giving my daughter drugs behind my back. If it happened, things would turn ugly.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
That has nothing to do with giving my daughter drugs behind my back. If it happened, things would turn ugly.
If it were my daughter......I would just be happy that she didn't end up pregnant.

But then, if I had a teenage daughter..... we would have a little talk and she would probably be on BC pills. There are a lot of benefits to being on the pill other than birth control.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:36 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,367,460 times
Quote:
So we agree again.

Not to sound defeatist but it's not going to happen. It's not even addressing the complete picture. Even if there is no baby doesn't mean there is no STD or long term problems because of repeated interruptions of a pregnancy.

Another idea that you touched on. We attach the wages of men who father kids perhaps we should do the same to the parents whose kids we are subsidizing.

I am not one to blame parents for every teen pregnancy. A parent can do everything right and their kid still might get pregnant but all the same, maybe they should be held responsible for a little more of the costs.
As long as we don't take the choice away from parents to fund an abortion I am fine with this suggestion.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:43 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,892,050 times
Quote:
Why.....that IS a brilliant idea!

Now, just how do you plan to make people do it?
Real medically based sex ed would help but for some reason right wing conservatives are against that too. They don't seem to understand cause and effect because that would do more to reduce teen pregnancy and abortion than anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies