Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2013, 09:56 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,617,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Are you attempting to shut me up?

Court docs: Trayvon Martin shooting 'ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman' - Open Channel

Good point. Maybe Zim had been drinking alcohol?

Well we do know that Zimmerman wasn't covered in blood splatter, from the videotapes after his arrest, neither his own blood or Trayvon's although apparently some of each of their blood was on his jacket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 09:57 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,155,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
based on what?

the drugs in his system, the fact that he was pounding georges head into the ground. heck, if someone had me on the ground and was pounding my head into the ground, I would have shot them too.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:58 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,390,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He won't be acquitted, but if he is, he'll spend the rest of his life safe and sound in an unidentified foreign country.
Why?? If you're implying someone from the black community will spend decades trying to kill him, IMO, that's rather absurd. The "black community" simply wanted this case investigated properly and, if evidence was found, to charge him with a crime, just as all other suspicious killings, and give him a trial. What Zimmerman has going for him is that there are a lot of white racists in the Judicial Circuit where his trial will be held. This case is not like the cases in L.A. which triggered a riot, and I am certain Zimmerman could find a "safe" place to live in THIS COUNTRY, and even in the State of Florida. I think you guys are being far too dramatic regarding Zimmerman's safety after the trial if he is acquitted.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:01 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,217,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
the drugs in his system, the fact that he was pounding georges head into the ground. heck, if someone had me on the ground and was pounding my head into the ground, I would have shot them too.
After you got up off the ground from having your booty kicked? That would be a revenge killing.

Maybe Zim was drunk?

Old 04-06-2013, 10:02 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,390,251 times
Quote:
And you, too, would be waiting for trial.

There was a "trace" amount of THC in his body. It is NOT A FACT that George's head was being "POUNDED" into the ground....there is evidence that there were some minor abrasions on the back of Zimmerman's head; stitches were not even necessary. Words make a difference in descriptions. The assertion that Martin was on top of him on the ground is a disputed fact.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:02 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,222,520 times
Quote:
WHAT drugs?

Please post a link to a credible source to support your claim that Trayvon had drugs in his system.

If you don't, won't, or can't, then you're a liar.

And what about the drugs and/or alcohol in Zimmerman's system? Oh, yeah, I forgot - nobody thought to test the shooter so I guess we may never know what he may or may not have been in his system that night.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:

He had traces of THC in his system; marijuana is not associated with violent behavior, if anything, the reverse.

We have no evidence that Zimmerman's head was being "pounded" into the ground, versus injured when he fell to the ground during the scuffle.

We only have Zimmerman's story about Martin pounding his head into the ground, and his story doesn't make sense. Like he claims that simultaneously Martin was holding his hand over Zimmerman's mouth and nose. Yet, at the same time, he claims that the cries for help that can be heard on the 911 call of one of the condo residents, are his cries. Both can't be true. The cries end abruptly when there is a gunshot. If he had been yelling, why would he stop, just because he had shot Trayvon? Why wouldn't he have kept crying for help? He claims not to know that Trayvon was mortally injured, and was still trying to restrain Trayvon by holding Trayvon's arms spread on the ground.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:04 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,155,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He won't be acquitted, but if he is, he'll spend the rest of his life safe and sound in an unidentified foreign country.

when he is found innocent, i would be more than happy to have him as a neighbor. so that takes out your information of he will be leaving in a foreign country. plenty of people would not mind having george as a next door neighbor, but would tremble at the thought of having a neighbor such as trayvon.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:04 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,320,168 times
Quote:
What drugs?
Quote:
The levels of THC detected don’t reflect Martin’s character or even his state of mind the night he was shot. For one, they are so low as to almost certainly not be connected to recent intoxication: 1.5 nanograms of THC were found as well as 7.3 nanograms of THC-COOH, a metabolite of THC that can stay in the system for weeks after cannabis has been smoked. Traces of Marijuana Found in Trayvon Martin’s Body: Does It Matter? | TIME.com
As for the "head pounding" that Zimmerman supposedly endured, he was not hospitalized and can be seen walking into the police station with just a bloody scratch on the back of his head - no bandage, no stitches, no nothing. And, his broken nose was not confirmed at the time of the shooting, but rather the day after, by a private doctor.

Old 04-06-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
WHAT drugs?

Please post a link to a credible source to support your claim that Trayvon had drugs in his system.

If you don't, won't, or can't, then you're a liar.

And what about the drugs and/or alcohol in Zimmerman's system? Oh, yeah, I forgot - nobody thought to test the shooter so I guess we may never know what he may or may not have been in his system that night.
Zimmerman admits that he was taking Adderall, which can increase aggression levels. I believe that Trayvon had trace levels of THC in his system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies