Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2013, 11:17 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Of course, that's a lie.
Actually, it isn't a lie at all. Zimmerman himself spoke of taking Adderall, Temazepam and Librax. He probably shouldn't have been driving if he was taking Temazepam and Librax. We'll never know if he was drinking before, during or after he left the house, since Zimmerman wasn't tested. It could be that he hadn't taken his prescribed medications, but that's almost as risky as driving under the influence of them in terms of side effects.

Trayvon Martin Investigation Report Released | Politicol News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 11:28 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,012,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why don't you reserve judgment until we have all the facts?

It's P&OC, Harrier...this case is very controversial and people have opinions. There has been a ton of information sharing in the various threads on this subject, and not a few arguments. If I had a nickel for every time I've seen the word "thug" I'd buy the darn forum from C-D and run it myself.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:52 AM

977 posts, read 763,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Right-wingers...it simply doesn't get any lower.
Really? Do you not think that they were thinking "lawsuit" not too long after his death?

Old 04-07-2013, 07:05 AM

155 posts, read 110,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
There is a difference between a killer and killing in self defense and remember, the wonderful thing about our great country or one of the wonderful things: a person in innocent until proven guilty!!
Another great thing about our Country is ALL of us have the right to LIFE. WE have the right to walk down the street and not be questioned and detained by a person like gz. This will be proven when gz is tucked safely away in prison surrounded by real thugs and this time he will have no gun.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:11 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,027,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
Another great thing about our Country is ALL of us have the right to LIFE. WE have the right to walk down the street and not be questioned and detained by a person like gz. This will be proven when gz is tucked safely away in prison surrounded by real thugs and this time he will have no gun.
There's no evidence that George Zimmerman questioned or attempted to detain Trayvon Martin. Being on top of someone in a mounted position while using your weight to prevent their movement allowing you to freely attack them with your upper body is a perfect "detainment" method. Nobody saw GZ detaining Trayvon, someone did see Trayvon detaining GZ.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 AM

977 posts, read 763,125 times
To me, had GZ not followed TM, this does not happen.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:18 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Money is more important to the family than Trayvon's memory. Sellouts.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Really? Do you not think that they were thinking "lawsuit" not too long after his death?
Most parents would be. Perhaps they would rather the killer have to pay it out of pocket but that's not the way things work . Personally, I would sue anyone and everyone if that was my kid too. Absolutely and without hesitation.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:20 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Money is more important to the family than Trayvon's memory. Sellouts.
How are they sell outs ? It's not like they made the criminal case go away.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:21 AM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Most parents would be. Perhaps they would rather the killer have to pay it out of pocket but that's not the way things work . Personally, I would sue anyone and everyone if that was my kid too. Absolutely and without hesitation.
You wouldn't get much unless it was a political hot button situation and you had special interest groups putting the fire to the offender's feet-and the offender had deep pockets.

There isn't much monetary value in a teen's life. You would get enough for the funeral and not much more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies