Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2013, 05:50 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Hey, Dale, why don't you read through the court file where the OFFICIAL EVIDENCE is filed and give us more than just a "No" to this and "No" to that? I haven't seen you post any substantiation to any information you've put out in this thread or other Zimmerman threads.
[snip]
Actually, Dale Cooper was technically right about both points. GZ didn't call '911' and was visiting the house. Neither point is particularly important to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 06:02 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Actually, Dale Cooper was technically right about both points. GZ didn't call '911' and was visiting the house. Neither point is particularly important to me.
Right, "technically." GZ called the police office on a number he used to call them to report problems he saw in the neighborhood. So he didn't call 911 directly, yet he was talking to police dispatch.

Trayvon was TEMPORARILY living, as a guest, with his father at the father's girlfriends condo. Technically not a permanent resident, but indeed a temporary resident as a guest. He had every right to be there.

The Probable Cause Affidavit alleges that Martin was living with his father at the time of the incident.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-09-2013 at 05:30 AM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not others

Old 04-08-2013, 06:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Who started the confrontation is a disputed fact. Words can indeed start a confrontation. I don't think Zimmerman is going to tell us what he may have said to Martin when they came together initially. That could be why the girl on the telephone with Martin is such an important witness, even if she did lie about her age and why she didn't go to Trayvon's funeral. There will indeed be phone records that a call was made between the two and at what time. Any words overheard would be of critical importance.

The one witness who said he saw Trayvon on top of Zimmerman has now changed his story to say he doesn't know who was on top of whom.
Speaking of the phone friend, I found it strange she didn't know how to spell Trayvon's name. I know that doesn't mean gz isn't guilty. I expect some will say there are many, many 'girlfriends' who can't spell their bf's name. Just an interesting tidbit about the important witness.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
You're probably wrong on this. Most people really don't know because it happens so rare.

You have to prove a financial difficulty from the loss of your son. And they don't ever give money for pain and suffering unless it's an extreme circumstance.
The death if a teenager is, sadly, anything but rare. And, YES, compensatory damages can be and are often awarded to whoever is bring the suit. Punitive damages can be awarded. Loss of future earning capacity can be considered.

Where DO you get your ideas? My caveat is that laws vary from state to state. But to make a blanket statement that teen-agers are rarely killed and/or you have to prove a financial difficulty . . . . WTH?

Old 04-08-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Speaking of the phone friend, I found it strange she didn't know how to spell Trayvon's name. I know that doesn't mean gz isn't guilty. I expect some will say there are many, many 'girlfriends' who can't spell their bf's name. Just an interesting tidbit about the important witness.
Well, who knows what this girl's IQ is. She sounds very immature to me. I'm wondering about her academic record. She may even be a special needs kid. I find it odd if she can't spell Trayvon's name.....like I said, she may be a bit slow at everything. Does anybody know if she is even in school? Seems to me that there is something "off" about this girl. However a low IQ doesn't mean she can't remember talking to Trayvon and what he said. If she is not in the average IQ range, that could explain why she didn't tell anyone after Trayvon was killed. Kids like that are often afraid they will get in trouble and do not completely understand the gravity of the situation and the value of the information they have. AND it isn't fair to her to disclose such private information about her.

Crump filed to have something sealed which he submitted; maybe it was the affidavit he submitted in court Feb. 22; the clerk wrote a letter telling him that under the law he cited the Clerk did not find it applicable to seal the record. However, that record will remained sealed for 10 days in order to give Crump time to provide additional law to support his position. I think that affidavit contained information about the girl (witness 8)....maybe there is personal information in the affidavit about her which he doesn't want made public. ALL speculation on my part.

What do you think? Did you hear the recording of her interview with the State? If so, did she sound slow or bright or quick, or like a very young girl?

One more thing: if this girl is slow and very sensitive, it's not going to play well with a jury if the defense appears to be "hammering" her on cross examination, especially if she get flustered and cries or anything like that.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 04-08-2013 at 08:34 PM..

Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
The death if a teenager is, sadly, anything but rare. And, YES, compensatory damages can be and are often awarded to whoever is bring the suit. Punitive damages can be awarded. Loss of future earning capacity can be considered.

Where DO you get your ideas? My caveat is that laws vary from state to state. But to make a blanket statement that teen-agers are rarely killed and/or you have to prove a financial difficulty . . . . WTH?
Indeed.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
There's no evidence that took place in this case.
There is also no evidence that it didn't happen that way either.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:53 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
There is also no evidence that it didn't happen that way either.
There's also no evidence whatsoever that an alien space ship from the planet "Skittles" didn't zip down and murder Trayvon Martin while altering GZ's memory and planting a gun on him...

Old 04-08-2013, 09:10 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
There's also no evidence whatsoever that an alien space ship from the planet "Skittles" didn't zip down and murder Trayvon Martin while altering GZ's memory and planting a gun on him...
Is there something funny to you about the death of a kid?

Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Is there something funny to you about the death of a kid?
There is something extremely funny to me about the people in here who don't understand the idea of proving a negative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies