Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Actually, Dale Cooper was technically right about both points. GZ didn't call '911' and was visiting the house. Neither point is particularly important to me.
I thought GZ lived in that complex?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 09:55 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Really?

I would suggest that that Home Owners' Association will be much more cautious if they ever have a Neighborhood Watch person again. I think there is a very practical reason why Neighborhood Watch people are specifically told to NOT carry a gun....you see, there is financial liability involved if mistakes are made by Neighborhood Watch volunteers; it's not just about loss of life. I'm thinking the HOA may not have had a lot of confidence that Zimmerman would be acquitted.
So you know it was a mistake? Maybe it was self defense against a dope smoking fiend that was trying to pound his head off the pavement? The kid was not the model citizen and I'm sure would have ended up behind bars at some point.

Spoiler
Doesn't feel good when someone else makes assumptions does it?

Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
There's also no evidence whatsoever that an alien space ship from the planet "Skittles" didn't zip down and murder Trayvon Martin while altering GZ's memory and planting a gun on him...

mmmmm, well there is evidence that Trayvon was shot with Zimmerman's gun. Medical Examiner's report. He bought it legally.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
So you know it was a mistake? Maybe it was self defense against a dope smoking fiend that was trying to pound his head off the pavement? The kid was not the model citizen and I'm sure would have ended up behind bars at some point.

Spoiler
Oh, aren't you witty. The parents were awarded the money.

Talk about ass*umptions! You're sure Trayvon would have ended up behind bars at some point!

Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

Spoiler
You know what? The HOA via its insurance has ALREADY paid the price for the shooting death. Doesn't matter what the outcome of the criminal trial at this point.

Your bias is showing in your choice of words. In this case, it has already been proven that Martin was certainly not a "dope smoking fiend" the night the shooting took place. There was only a "trace" of THC found in his blood. What dope smoking fiend only smokes a "trace" before or after going to the store for some iced tea and skittles?

It's simply your opinion, based on Zimmerman's statements (which of course could be viewed as self-serving considering the trouble he's in) that Martin was "bashing" his head into the concrete. So let me share with you my opinion of a scenario where Zimmerman could have gotten those small abrasions on the back of his head. Zimmerman VERBALLY confronted Martin. Martin took a swing at him, hit him in the nose. Zimmerman fell backwards and landed on his back on the ground and his head hit the sidewalk, therefore, causing the small abrasions which did not even need stitches. Let me also suggest that if Zimmerman was in fact having his head "pounded off" on the sidewalk, he would defintely have received more serious wounds and most likely a concussion. One more possibility. When Zimmerman landed on his back on the ground, seems very plausible that because he was/is overweight he couldn't just bounce back up on his feet. It's possible Martin was at that time moving in a downward motion toward Zimmerman and Zimmerman then pulled his gun and shot Martin. I'd say the distance from the gun to the gunshot wound, which the Medical Examiner says was somewhere between 2 to 18 inches, would fit with that scenario.

Seems you've read one account of this incident, that of Zimmerman. Clearly, Zimmerman has every reason to lie, and I would expect him, in his situation, to do that. But the State is not taking Zimmerman's word at face value because they have investigated and talking to witnesses and seem to have heard stories that don't mesh with what Zimmerman said. Therefore, disputed facts and a trial.

Well, I think Martin was a good kid, from what I've read about him as well as reading posts by someone posting here who personally knows some of his teachers from school. But the question is do you really believe EVERYONE who is not a MODEL CITIZEN ends up in jail or prison? That, IMO, is a pretty naive belief and far from true.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:58 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
How many times do you have to be told? HE LIVED THERE!

Sweet widdle Twayvon did not!

Damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I thought GZ lived in that complex?
Any questions?

Damn!

Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,366,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, aren't you witty. The parents were awarded the money.

Talk about ass*umptions! You're sure Trayvon would have ended up behind bars at some point!

based on his past, he'd be in jail or dead...

oh wait...

Old 04-09-2013, 07:02 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You know what? The HOA via its insurance has ALREADY paid the price for the shooting death. Doesn't matter what the outcome of the criminal trial at this point.

Your bias is showing in your choice of words. In this case, it has already been proven that Martin was certainly not a "dope smoking fiend" the night the shooting took place. There was only a "trace" of THC found in his blood. What dope smoking fiend only smokes a "trace" before or after going to the store for some iced tea and skittles?

It's simply your opinion, based on Zimmerman's statements (which of course could be viewed as self-serving considering the trouble he's in) that Martin was "bashing" his head into the concrete. So let me share with you my opinion of a scenario where Zimmerman could have gotten those small abrasions on the back of his head. Zimmerman VERBALLY confronted Martin. Martin took a swing at him, hit him in the nose. Zimmerman fell backwards and landed on his back on the ground and his head hit the sidewalk, therefore, causing the small abrasions which did not even need stitches. Let me also suggest that if Zimmerman was in fact having his head "pounded off" on the sidewalk, he would defintely have received more serious wounds and most likely a concussion. One more possibility. When Zimmerman landed on his back on the ground, seems very plausible that because he was/is overweight he couldn't just bounce back up on his feet. It's possible Martin was at that time moving in a downward motion toward Zimmerman and Zimmerman then pulled his gun and shot Martin. I'd say the distance from the gun to the gunshot wound, which the Medical Examiner says was somewhere between 2 to 18 inches, would fit with that scenario.

[snip].
I don't know what you mean by 'Zimmerman VERBALLY confronted Martin.' Even the phone friend didn't hear gz VERBALLY confront tm, unless 'What are are you doing around here' is a confrontation.

Your reach for a plausible scenario for how the shooting happened is 'possible,' but contradicts the known evidence. Though witnesses don't agree on everything, too many describe a struggle, or wrestling, or punches, two guys on the ground one on top of the other, for your scenario to be plausible. There's also the cries for help, which lasted too long to fit your idea. Unless your next possibility is that it was gz screaming after shooting tm or tm was screaming while moving downward toward gz.

I agree that his bruises and injuries aren't consistent with the beating gz described.

I also agree that the amount of thc in tm's blood proves that Martin was certainly not a "dope smoking fiend" the night the shooting took place. I'll add the caveat, since we're dealing with 'possibilities' that his walking around had a purpose other than returning home with Skittles and iced tea. See, I can get Skittles and iced tea into a post.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:07 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't know what you mean by 'Zimmerman VERBALLY confronted Martin.' Even the phone friend didn't hear gz VERBALLY confront tm, unless 'What are are you doing around here' is a confrontation.
Verbally confronted? Someone actually said that?

Oh, my. So now it's against the law to talk to someone?

That's just plain funny.

Verbally confronted. A new thing for idiots to be offended about.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:13 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Verbally confronted? Someone actually said that?

Oh, my. So now it's against the law to talk to someone?

That's just plain funny.

Verbally confronted. A new thing for idiots to be offended about.

ac·cost (Verb)
Verb
Approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.
Approach (someone) with hostility or harmful intent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies