U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 AM

29,518 posts, read 16,434,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Based on his (Martin's) past? Everyone who gets suspended from school ends up in jail or dead? !
Yes.

In fact, everyone ends up dead whether they get suspended or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 08:41 AM

86,904 posts, read 102,364,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes.

In fact, everyone ends up dead whether they get suspended or not.
Well, aren't you funny! I took the previous poster to mean an early death.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 AM

17,589 posts, read 19,729,922 times
What HOA has 1 million dollars?

Old 04-09-2013, 08:43 AM

6,032 posts, read 7,538,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
What HOA has 1 million dollars?

Ever heard of insurance?

/fail

Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 AM

8,561 posts, read 5,436,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, aren't you funny! I took the previous poster to mean an early death.
The feeble attempts at humor in this thread are ......well, feeble attempts, IMO.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:10 AM

9,502 posts, read 4,850,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Approaching a stranger and saying "What are you doing around here" could very well be confrontational....lots of things to consider like tone of voice, body language, etc. If someone walked up to me at night when I was out walking around in a neighborhood where I'd been a guest and the first words out of their mouth was "What are you doing around here" I'd consider it confrontational......and rude, and I would be offended.

Zimmerman claims he was the person screaming, so it seems that is a disputed fact? Is it factually incorrect that Martin had Skittles and iced tea that night?

Btw, you didn't answer my previous question about the girlfriend possibly having a low IQ or some other mental impairment, and that may be the reason why she didn't tell anyone immediately after Trayvon was killed and may be the reason she can't spell his name, and the reason there has been some confusion as to her actually being a "girlfriend" as opposed to a friend who happens to be a girl, etc., etc. Some kids with low IQs just aren't able to understand the gravity of serious situations and are also very fearful of doing something wrong and getting in trouble. I think you posted once that you had listened to the taped interview of this girl by the State; if so, what was your impression of her answers in terms of being articulate and fully understanding what was going on?
Sure, you can toss out dozens of posssible scenarios. There's nothing yet to support yours, and it goes against any sensible interpretation of the evidence so far. Who yelled for help is a disputed fact. In your scenario, I don't know how the yelling alsted so long unless you propose that tm was yelling after he was shot or gz was yelling after a shot tm fell on him.

Technically, tm didn't have iced tea. He had a different drink made by the Arizona company.

There's just so much I want to say about the phone friend. No, she didn't sound articulate. No, I have no reason to believe she has a mental impairment. Yes, I felt she knew what was going on in the interview and what she should say most of the time. You should listen to the audio. Because of mumbling and interruptions, not all transcripts will exactly match, but try a transcript.

Crump's the one who put her forward as tm's 'girlfriend,' not a friend who happens to be a girl.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:14 AM

5,010 posts, read 4,703,540 times
There's a chance the trial will be delayed. The appeals court is considering a motion from the defense, and it could be more than 30+ days before it is decided- which takes it right up to or after the May 10th close date for motions on the trial.

Oct. 19- Judge declares Crump (Martin's atty) a witness so the defense can depose him

Nov- Defense asks for the original recording of DD's interview with Crump. Judge tells them Crump can bring it to his deposition (although he had previously promised to bring it to court.)

Crump postpones deposition for several months, and finally agrees to set deposition on Feb 5th, after the hearing that day.

Feb. 5th- Crump shows up at hearing with an atty he has hired (why does he need an attorney? hmmm), and the attorney argues he should not be deposed, and offers an affidavit in lieu of deposition.
Judge says for the defense to read affidavit and file a motion if they still need to depose Crump

Defense files motion to depose, Judge denies.

ABC releases 5 minutes of the interview that prove Crump lied in affidavit.

Defense files to ask judge to reconsider their right depose Crump now that lies have been proven. Nelson denies with no hearing or commentary as to her decision.

April 4th- Defense files appeal with a higher court.

April 8th- Appeals Court requires state to respond, they have 20 days.

April 28th- State's deadline for response.

May 8th- Defense's deadline for response to the state's response.

May 10th- Close date for Motions for the June 10th trial.

Unless the state and defense get their responses in to the appeals court very quickly, I don't see how the trial judge can not delay the trial. The ruling from the appeals court might not be handed down until less than a month before trial and after the close date for motions.

It's interesting that the judge herself set all of this in motion. The defense asked for a delay of the trial because the state was delaying the discovery. She told the defense they were just being slow, and then delayed Crump's deposition at the same hearing. Had she not flip flopped from her Oct. ruling that he could be deposed, the Crump deposition would have been resolved 2 months ago.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:27 AM

5,010 posts, read 4,703,540 times
We might find out a lot more about the settlement in the next 10 days as well. Crump filed it as an attachment to the criminal case and asked the court to keep it sealed.
The court clerk sent him a letter saying it doesn't meet the standard to remain confidential, so she plans to release it in 10 days.

So if Crump can't convince a judge to keep it sealed, we will get to read the 12 page agreement as well. Maybe not the amount, but everything else. And that could be a violation of the agreement to keep the settlement confidential between the Martin family and the insurance company. The settlement was reached a couple of months ago, so there was really no reason for him to file it with the court now. Unless he is trying to bolster his arguement that DD's interview is work product for his other lawsuits. But he gave up that argument when he invited ABC to film and air the interview, and he stated in that interview that he was not the atty for DD and nothing she said to him was priviledged.

And there are still two motions for sanctions against the prosecution which should be decided at the hearing the end of this month. The prosecution has admitted in both responses that they did in fact, do what the motion alledged. But then they quoted Shakespeare and other French poets. And attached other evidence they had been withholding for a year, lol.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:28 AM

8,561 posts, read 5,436,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Sure, you can toss out dozens of posssible scenarios. There's nothing yet to support yours, and it goes against any sensible interpretation of the evidence so far. Who yelled for help is a disputed fact. In your scenario, I don't know how the yelling alsted so long unless you propose that tm was yelling after he was shot or gz was yelling after a shot tm fell on him.

Technically, tm didn't have iced tea. He had a different drink made by the Arizona company.

There's just so much I want to say about the phone friend. No, she didn't sound articulate. No, I have no reason to believe she has a mental impairment. Yes, I felt she knew what was going on in the interview and what she should say most of the time. You should listen to the audio. Because of mumbling and interruptions, not all transcripts will exactly match, but try a transcript.

Crump's the one who put her forward as tm's 'girlfriend,' not a friend who happens to be a girl.
I don't agree that there is "nothing" to support my scenario, AND I'm also just brainstorming. That's how people work who investigate these kinds of cases. You, so far, are the only one who has offered any specific responses to my alternative scenarios. There is information out there which has been called "evidence".....however, that "evidence" can be used by both sides in many cases....different interpretations of the evidence. Nothing we know yet is written in stone. We will see how each side uses or does not use the information which we all think is "evidence" at this point when the trial is over. Witnesses can be impeached, people we think are witnesses now are sometimes not called in the trial, expert opinions of what the "evidence" means can and do often conflict......there are many, many variables.

Do you have a link to the audio?

Old 04-09-2013, 09:31 AM

6,635 posts, read 6,806,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I don't agree that there is "nothing" to support my scenario, AND I'm also just brainstorming. That's how people work who investigate these kinds of cases. You, so far, are the only one who has offered any specific responses to my alternative scenarios.

Do you have a link to the audio?
If I recall correctly (without looking it up, as we are about to go grocery shopping and also to enjoy the beautiful weather), the yelling for help stopped at the gunshot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies