Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
ac·cost (Verb)
Verb
Approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.
Approach (someone) with hostility or harmful intent.
Cute.

Has nothing whatsoever to do with the reply you quoted, but good job finding useless crap on the internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Cute.

Has nothing whatsoever to do with the reply you quoted, but good job finding useless crap on the internet.
Quote:
Verbally confronted? Someone actually said that?

Oh, my. So now it's against the law to talk to someone?

That's just plain funny.

Verbally confronted. A new thing for idiots to be offended about.
Cute.

Quote:
ac·cost (Verb)
Verb
Approach and address (someone) boldly or aggressively.
Approach (someone) with hostility or harmful intent.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:39 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
mmmmm, well there is evidence that Trayvon was shot with Zimmerman's gun. Medical Examiner's report. He bought it legally.
We know that Zimmerman shot Martin, I don't think he's ever denied that nor has anyone claimed that anything other than that took place. Shooting someone doesn't always equal murder, that's what most people in here don't seem to understand.

There are a number of situations where GZ could have been completely justified in shooting Trayvon Martin, GZ's version of what took place is one of those situations.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:53 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
We know that Zimmerman shot Martin, I don't think he's ever denied that nor has anyone claimed that anything other than that took place. Shooting someone doesn't always equal murder, that's what most people in here don't seem to understand.

There are a number of situations where GZ could have been completely justified in shooting Trayvon Martin, GZ's version of what took place is one of those situations.
You're right, there are situations where people are justified in shooting someone else. Of course, in this case, whether or not GZ shot him in self-defense is disputed, so we're going to have a trial. I was responding to your post about aliens swooping down, killing Martin, and planting a gun on Zimmerman....

Old 04-09-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Verbally confronted? Someone actually said that?

Oh, my. So now it's against the law to talk to someone?

That's just plain funny.

Verbally confronted. A new thing for idiots to be offended about.
This is how to verbally confront someone. We really don't know what Zimmerman said to Martin.

"Fighting words are written or spoken words, generally expressed to incite hatred or violence from their target.[1] Specific definitions, freedoms, and limitations of fighting words vary by jurisdiction. It is also used in a general sense of words that when uttered tend to create (deliberately or not) a verbal or physical confrontation by their mere usage."

Fighting words - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-09-2013 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
based on his past, he'd be in jail or dead...

oh wait...
Based on his (Martin's) past? Everyone who gets suspended from school ends up in jail or dead?

The Beach Boys - I'm Bugged At My Old Man Lyrics
**I wish I could do some homework
But I got suspended from school
(Blew my cool)

I'm bugged at my ol' man
And he doesn't even know where it's at

Wow!

Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
No, genius, it's not against the law to talk to someone. You jump to amazingly absurd conclusings, and, again you show your lack of knowledge, but that's nothing new, so let me explain. This is how to verbally confront someone. We really don't know what Zimmerman said to Martin.

"Fighting words are written or spoken words, generally expressed to incite hatred or violence from their target.[1] Specific definitions, freedoms, and limitations of fighting words vary by jurisdiction. It is also used in a general sense of words that when uttered tend to create (deliberately or not) a verbal or physical confrontation by their mere usage."

Fighting words - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On the contrary FancyFeast. Last Friday, I was accosted by a shopper in a retail store, the event escalated to the parking lot, and I called a cop. The man was arrested for disorderly conduct among other things, the prosecutor in this case is going to have a field day with this defendant, because there were not only witnesses, he gave the cops a hard time too. While he was being arrested, he was threatening me, and this was all noted on the police report.

It's amazing how many geniuses there are using the forum.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Any questions?

Damn!
In fact, Trayvon was a temporary resident of that condo complex (obviously you're having trouble comprehending that), living with his father and his father's girlfriend.

That is certainly what the State is contending, and I've seen NOTHING, ZERO, from the defense denying that fact. Here's the Probable Cause Affidavit from the case file in the Clerk's Office. First sentence in Paragraph 5. Are you allergic to reading any updisputed facts in this case?

Probable Cause Affidavit

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_..._affidavit.pdf

Old 04-09-2013, 08:22 AM

Quote:
On the contrary FancyFeast. Last Friday, I was accosted by a shopper in a retail store, the event escalated to the parking lot, and I called a cop. The man was arrested for disorderly conduct among other things, the prosecutor in this case is going to have a field day with this defendant, because there were not only witnesses, he gave the cops a hard time too. While he was being arrested, he was threatening me, and this was all noted on the police report.

It's amazing how many geniuses there are using the forum.
You're right......indeed there are limitations to that free speech thing. Very interesting.

It's amazing and amusing how some people absolutely believe they are geniuses.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't know what you mean by 'Zimmerman VERBALLY confronted Martin.' Even the phone friend didn't hear gz VERBALLY confront tm, unless 'What are are you doing around here' is a confrontation.

Your reach for a plausible scenario for how the shooting happened is 'possible,' but contradicts the known evidence. Though witnesses don't agree on everything, too many describe a struggle, or wrestling, or punches, two guys on the ground one on top of the other, for your scenario to be plausible. There's also the cries for help, which lasted too long to fit your idea. Unless your next possibility is that it was gz screaming after shooting tm or tm was screaming while moving downward toward gz.

I agree that his bruises and injuries aren't consistent with the beating gz described.

I also agree that the amount of thc in tm's blood proves that Martin was certainly not a "dope smoking fiend" the night the shooting took place. I'll add the caveat, since we're dealing with 'possibilities' that his walking around had a purpose other than returning home with Skittles and iced tea. See, I can get Skittles and iced tea into a post.
Approaching a stranger and saying "What are you doing around here" could very well be confrontational....lots of things to consider like tone of voice, body language, etc. If someone walked up to me at night when I was out walking around in a neighborhood where I'd been a guest and the first words out of their mouth was "What are you doing around here" I'd consider it confrontational......and rude, and I would be offended. You say witnesses heard arguing. Confrontational words very often lead to fist fights.

Zimmerman claims he was the person screaming, so it seems that is a disputed fact? Is it factually incorrect that Martin was found to have Skittles and iced tea on him that night?

Btw, you didn't answer my previous question about the girlfriend possibly having a low IQ or some other mental impairment, and that may be the reason why she didn't tell anyone immediately after Trayvon was killed and may be the reason she can't spell his name, and the reason there has been some confusion as to her actually being a "girlfriend" as opposed to a friend who happens to be a girl, etc., etc. Some kids with low IQs just aren't able to understand the gravity of serious situations and are also very fearful of doing something wrong and getting in trouble. I think you posted once that you had listened to the taped interview of this girl by the State; if so, what was your impression of her answers in terms of being articulate and fully understanding what was going on?

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 04-09-2013 at 08:48 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies