U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 12:35 PM

1,102 posts, read 964,882 times

Advertisements

Just read yesterday he had been reported by his psych doctor to campus police a week prior to this incident. Psych docs and therapist only report their patients if there is serious fear that a patient will take action that would greviously endanger others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 12:50 PM

48,516 posts, read 83,559,428 times
I think anti-gu advocates have gone to the well once to mnay times on such mass killing and people are realising things have not gotten better ebcause its a people problem involving clear sins on the record the person is dangerousand gettig wrose. look at most s mass shootig and you seea trail of ever more violent threats and actions.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:58 PM

86,830 posts, read 102,147,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
No, Nancy Lanza was an irresponsible gun owner who probably never would have been a gun owner if not for the frenzy that is always caused by efforts at gun control for people to go out and buy guns. Every time this happens, thousands of people who have never owned or even considered owning a firearm run out and buy one. For some this is fine, but for those who won't take adequate steps to secure their weapons it leads to tragedy. It is all brought on by gun control efforts.
And after what frenzy did Nancy Lanza buy her guns? I had read she was a "prepper".

Old 04-06-2013, 01:10 PM

9,833 posts, read 5,817,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
And after what frenzy did Nancy Lanza buy her guns? I had read she was a "prepper".
Unless you are a gun owner and familiar with the trends, you probably didn't know that ever since Obama was elected there has been a "frenzy" for people to buy guns. This started over 4 years ago and has continued to present. A lot of the preppers started when Obama took office. The fear people have of government stepping in changing gun regulations perpetuates a lot of this... So in other words, if you are fanning the fires of gun control, you are contributing to the perpetuation of the frenzy. In other words you are responsible for this as much as anyone else.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:29 PM

86,830 posts, read 102,147,201 times
Quote:
Unless you are a gun owner and familiar with the trends, you probably didn't know that ever since Obama was elected there has been a "frenzy" for people to buy guns. This started over 4 years ago and has continued to present. A lot of the preppers started when Obama took office. The fear people have of government stepping in changing gun regulations perpetuates a lot of this... So in other words, if you are fanning the fires of gun control, you are contributing to the perpetuation of the frenzy. In other words you are responsible for this as much as anyone else.
Back to this being Obama's fault. I thought the Republican Party was the "party of personal responsibility"?

Old 04-06-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Back to this being Obama's fault. I thought the Republican Party was the "party of personal responsibility"?
I never said it was Obamas fault... I said because Obama has come out (even before he was first elected) as anti gun, people began stock piling guns and ammunition.. This created shortages and a "frenzy". It calmed down prior to all the shootings that have occurred recently, but the talk and suggestion of further gun control has reignighted the buying frenzy.. The more people talk about it and the more that jump on board, the more people are buying... I am blaming YOU and people like you who arbitrarily support gun control without understanding the ramifications and without even the basic knowledge of the subject matter at hand. I am blaming both political parties and I am blaming those who are running out like chicken little buying guns that they really don't want in the first place just to avoid not being able to get them in the future. For the most part, these people will be fine, but there will be a few go off the rails... You need to accept your part of the responsibility along with every other anti gun nut who is supporting further gun control when the gun control that is in effect now, isn't enforced... Enforce what you have first.

Incidently... I am NOT a republican

Old 04-06-2013, 01:44 PM

77,576 posts, read 33,053,099 times
Quote:
While many have bought guns for this reason there is absolutely nothing that says she bought anything for this reason. From what all I've read she had been a long time gun owner.

Old 04-06-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
While many have bought guns for this reason there is absolutely nothing that says she bought anything for this reason. From what all I've read she had been a long time gun owner.
That may or may not be true... The other question is, at what point did she obtain an AR? Do you know?? Could it have been during or after all the buying started? Her major sin was not owning an AR anyway. It was not properly securing it...

Old 04-06-2013, 01:52 PM

77,576 posts, read 33,053,099 times
Quote:
That may or may not be true... The other question is, at what point did she obtain an AR? Do you know?? Could it have been during or after all the buying started? Her major sin was not owning an AR anyway. It was not properly securing it...
Nor does it really matter does it? He was going to blast away no matter what guns she owned. No?

Old 04-06-2013, 01:58 PM

3,039 posts, read 2,157,123 times
If politicians were serious about "gun control" they would offer tax breaks for firearms classes and gun safes.

Outlawing a certain type of gun proves they don't care about the children and all this other nonsense they spout.

Abortion was illegal. And there were no abortions.
Drugs are illegal and no one can buy a joint.
Alcohol is illegal for teens and no high school kid ever gets drunk.

These type of laws work perfectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies