Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 03:02 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well, you better shoot him before it becomes obvious he only wants to vandalize your gun and not attack you.

It happens all the time to cops for example, who carry open.
Proof? and no cherry picking a single time....you said it happens all the time, so you should be able to provide 20 - 30 easily since it happens "all the time."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 03:52 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Take it up with John Lott. Did you read his studies? Can you refute his arguments? Using Factcheck is not a study.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So a Washington post piece is more credible than a study you didn't read.
The Washington Post article said about Lott's research:

Quote:
In 2004, a committee of the National Research Council of the National Academies devoted a chapter in a report titled “Firearms and Violence: A Critical Review” examining Lott’s research. The report concluded:

Quote:
No link between right-to-carry laws and changes in crime is apparent in the raw data, even in the initial sample; it is only once numerous covariates are included that the negative results in the early data emerge. While the trend models show a reduction in the crime growth rate following the adoption of right-to-carry laws, these trend reductions occur long after law adoption, casting serious doubt on the proposition that the trend models estimated in the literature reflect effects of the law change. Finally, some of the point estimates are imprecise. Thus, the committee concludes that with the current evidence it is not possible to determine that there is a causal link between the passage of right-to-carry laws and crime rates.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The Washington Post article said about Lott's research:
This study says differently
http://www.txchia.org/sturdevant.pdf

Again, you are just posting an article from Washington post, I'm sure you probably have not even read the work by Lott. Why don't you make up your own opinion instead of being feed one. The puppet masters pull the stings and you dance happy as can be.

Last edited by shooting4life; 04-09-2013 at 04:51 PM..

Old 04-09-2013, 04:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Proof? and no cherry picking a single time....you said it happens all the time, so you should be able to provide 20 - 30 easily since it happens "all the time."
Yep, all the time.

https://www.google.com/search?source...ops+gun+stolen

Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Nope...maybe you need to read your links first...
Link 1
Quote:
Four 9mm guns have vanished from police officers’ lockers at the East Village station house —
Link 2
Quote:
has been breaking into the locker room in the Ninth Precinct station house in the East Village
link 3
Quote:
an NYPD cop was busted last night on charges of breaking into his colleagues’ lockers in
Link 4
Quote:
A gun swiped from a police lieutenant's locker
Now lets review what you said....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
Well, you better shoot him before it becomes obvious he only wants to vandalize your gun and not attack you.

So, unless these cops were wearing their lockers as their side arms, you are a liar, or just have no clue what you are talking about and pushing the leftist agenda without out actually doing any research....

Old 04-09-2013, 05:55 PM

Quote:
So, unless these cops were wearing their lockers as their side arms, you are a liar, or just have no clue what you are talking about and pushing the leftist agenda without out actually doing any research....
Spare me from your childish accusations. If you'd rather pretend cops guns never end up in wrong hands, then knock yourself out. Who cares. Reading the links I was surprised that cops losing their guns was even more widespread than I had thought, but I guess the crooks know every cop has guns and other goodies in their cars, homes, lockers etc

Old 04-09-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Spare me from your childish accusations. If you'd rather pretend cops guns never end up in wrong hands, then knock yourself out. Who cares. Reading the links I was surprised that cops losing their guns was even more widespread than I had thought, but I guess the crooks know every cop has guns and other goodies in their cars, homes, lockers etc
What childish accusation? And not a very good deflection either.....

You said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber

Then I asked you to prove it, which you gave me examples of cops guns being stolen from their lockers, and then you accuse me of childish accusations? You are the one who cannot back up what you stated happened "ALL THE TIME."

So, lets try again, show us where cops who OPEN CARRY have their guns stolen ALL THE TIME.

That is what you stated, right, Cops guns are STOLEN ALL THE TIME...

Also, I never said cops guns never end up in the wrong hand's....can you show me this?

For the record I have stated many times that guns are stolen in the hundreds of thousands yearly, that everyone, including cops....

Old 04-09-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
What childish accusation? And not a very good deflection either.....
The same old crap you always sling: you are a liar, clueless, spreading leftist agenada.....It's childish, and off topic.

Is stating the fact that cops have their guns stolen really a "leftist agenda". Is me asking for universal conceal carry law a leftist agenda?

I don't know which is more "leftist", me saying it happens, or you trying to deny it. To be honest I have no clue how something like that is left or right, it just is what it is.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:57 PM

One in seven people killed by a police officer's gun is done by a gun snatched from the officer. The problem was so widespread that they seriously discussed implanting a computer chip in the guns, so that only the owner of the gun could fire it. It did not fly because the chips were not reliable enough.

Smart Cops Saying

Were computer guns actually reliable, no group could benefit more than police officers; one-seventh of all police shooting deaths are perpetrated with a gun that was snatched from a police officer. And police guns are uniquely vulnerable to being taken away, since they are normally worn on an exposed belt holster. (As opposed to defensive handguns carried by ordinary citizens, which by law are usually required to be carried concealed.)

Some other police gun snathings as a result of a 30 seconf google search

In the Line of Duty - Man Busted For Snatching Undercover NY Cop's Gun

Suspect Grabs Cop's Gun, Shoots 3 Officers In South Jersey | Crooks and Liars

Mentally-ill woman kills herself with cop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies