Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 02:57 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
not according to what i've seen. are you saying that the subsidies expand with the cost of insurance?

that's even less sustainable that obamacare seemed at the beginning.
Well the CBO has come back several times with new estimates.
Costs have doubled and it still hasn't even started.

Exchanges & Premium Subsidies | ObamaCare Watch

Here's an obamacare calculator that will tell you what your premium would be and includes subsidies.

Health Reform Subsidy Calculator - Kaiser Health Reform
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2013, 03:01 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No it wasn't. If you can vote without showing proof of who you are why can't you get obamacare without showing proof of who you are as well ?
Because conservatives stopped it I'm sure or every Tom, Dick and Harry would be able to get free health care on the backs of the middle class.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:03 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,751,017 times
Quote:
No it wasn't. If you can vote without showing proof of who you are why can't you get obamacare without showing proof of who you are as well ?
Because conservatives stopped it I'm sure or every Tom, Dick and Harry would be able to get free health care on the backs of the middle class. Not providing freee healthcare to illegals was not a liberal idea and anyone who could or would suggest that it was is a fool.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Because conservatives stopped it I'm sure or every Tom, Dick and Harry would be able to get free health care on the backs of the middle class.
Obamacare is 100% Dem owned. Not one Republican voted for it.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Because conservatives stopped it I'm sure or every Tom, Dick and Harry would be able to get free health care on the backs of the middle class. Not providing freee healthcare to illegals was not a liberal idea and anyone who could or would suggest that it was is a fool.
Illegals already get free healthcare and will continue to get free healthcare.
why would illegals sign up and pay for what they can get for free ?

Old 04-07-2013, 03:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Where the hell do you get your information from? Illegals will still be able to get free healthcare on the backs of the middle class.

In fact, now more than ever. Who do you think will be paying for their bills?

Old 04-07-2013, 03:17 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Well the CBO has come back several times with new estimates.
Costs have doubled and it still hasn't even started.

Exchanges & Premium Subsidies | ObamaCare Watch

Here's an obamacare calculator that will tell you what your premium would be and includes subsidies.

Health Reform Subsidy Calculator - Kaiser Health Reform

Uh-oh I might be even more screwed than I thought. how does the "government tax credit" work? If it's a refundable income tax credit, it will be grabbed by treasury and applied to my student loans (with Treasury keeping 20% for themselves) which means I'll never be able to afford uinsurance and might as well just pay the penalty.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:20 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm assuming people who have insurance costs over 8% of their gross income are either
A) very sick, and thus need insurance
B) Would be very low income, and thus would get the subsidy.

How would one prove insurance would cost more than 8% of their income? Thats right, probably another 50 page application.

If you're working off the books, how do you "prove" your income?

Old 04-07-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Uh-oh I might be even more screwed than I thought. how does the "government tax credit" work? If it's a refundable income tax credit, it will be grabbed by treasury and applied to my student loans (with Treasury keeping 20% for themselves) which means I'll never be able to afford uinsurance and might as well just pay the penalty.
No, this is up front credit available right away. In that 60 page form you have to estimate your next year's income and they give you the credit based on that. It's available right away and goes toward your premium.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
If you're working off the books, how do you "prove" your income?
If you are working off the books then you have no income and medicaid is available to you for "free".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies