U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:35 PM
 
4,839 posts, read 3,557,951 times
Reputation: 1834

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
How often is that really the case though?

Yes, of course a stable gay couple is better for a kid than a drug addicted straight couple. But I'm skeptical on how often the choice is really between crack head heterosexuals and non-crack head homosexuals.
It doesn't matter how often that choice is out there. The point is, there is no reason why any noncriminal, non drug addicted, loving, supportive person with the means to adopt a kid shouldn't be able to do so.

 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 PM
 
Location: The Cascade Foothills
10,953 posts, read 8,666,404 times
Reputation: 6459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
Like I told another poster homosexuality is a choice, although it is formed in the subconscious. If a man molests a boy which is usually the case then he is not a heterosexual.

If a person cannot have a child because of sterility and they want a child then adoption would be the next best thing. Stop trying to twist my concept, because I'm sure you understood what I was implying.



For one I'm not saying homosexual couples adopt children to molest, however they shouldn't raise children either because it is not natural. A woman has eggs so they can meet a man's sperm and vice versa. For a man or woman to bypass the natural order of things signifies a psychological problem. Many homosexuals were abused in some form as children, however many will not tell you this if you ask them "why are you homosexual"? That's psychology 101 for anyone with iota of information in the subject.





Well then you misunderstood what I was saying.



Law of power #6.
Too much ignorance in this post to even bother trying to address.
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
13,088 posts, read 13,437,511 times
Reputation: 5756
Threads like this exemplify the horrors that humanity is capable of. In the story of abuse, of course, which is horrible, but also in all the people who use their own ignorance and bigotry to malign gay people. People they clearly don't understand, do not attempt to empathize with and use personal religion and outdated beliefs to spread lies and hate. What's worse is that they don't see anything wrong with it. Shame and humility are so often lacking.
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:40 PM
 
Location: Chicago
1,466 posts, read 1,037,610 times
Reputation: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
It doesn't matter how often that choice is out there. The point is, there is no reason why any noncriminal, non drug addicted, loving, supportive person with the means to adopt a kid shouldn't be able to do so.
Healthy development of a child requires a male and female role model. I support gay marriage completely, but I don't think a gay couple should adopt. Or a single person for that matter.
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
 
4,839 posts, read 3,557,951 times
Reputation: 1834
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
Healthy development of a child requires a male and female role model. I support gay marriage completely, but I don't think a gay couple should adopt. Or a single person for that matter.
Well that's unfortunate you think that way because there are a hell of a lot of kids out there in foster care & adoption agencies just waiting for someone to take them home.
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:42 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,393,099 times
Reputation: 9358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
How often is that really the case though?

Yes, of course a stable gay couple is better for a kid than a drug addicted straight couple. But I'm skeptical on how often the choice is really between crack head heterosexuals and non-crack head homosexuals.
How often is that the case? More than you'd think. If their parents were stable, they'd be living with them and not an orphan up for adoption.
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Too far from home.
8,743 posts, read 5,765,488 times
Reputation: 2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Nope. I'm right on target.
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Chicago
1,466 posts, read 1,037,610 times
Reputation: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Well that's unfortunate you think that way because there are a hell of a lot of kids out there in foster care & adoption agencies just waiting for someone to take them home.
You say that like I came up with the idea. It's an accepted fact that a mom and a dad is ideal.
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:48 PM
 
996 posts, read 1,387,650 times
Reputation: 1136
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
You say that like I came up with the idea. It's an accepted fact that a mom and a dad is ideal.
Where is it accepted fact?
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:49 PM
 
Location: Chicago
1,466 posts, read 1,037,610 times
Reputation: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How often is that the case? More than you'd think. If their parents were stable, they'd be living with them and not an orphan up for adoption.
Well yeah, the kids are in the foster home generally because they have unstable parents. But there aren't too many crack heads looking to adopt that I'm aware of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:45 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top