Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,354,453 times

Advertisements

So seems to me folks are ignoring the data and the welfare of children to support their agenda, how sad.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:06 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,320,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well I guess they're innocent until proven guilty but gay men adopting is not a good idea IMHO.

Read more: Gay couple accused of molesting two of their 9 adopted children withdraw guilty plea and decide to go on trial to fight allegations | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Quote:
So seems to me folks are ignoring the data and the welfare of children to support their agenda, how sad.

In what way is anyone ignoring anything?

If this couple molested their child they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Does this mean gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt because of THIS couple?
And if it DOES mean that then does that mean that all straight parents ought to have their children taken away from them since straight people have been known to molest kids?

Old 04-08-2013, 02:13 PM

20,581 posts, read 19,249,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You are defending these people?

That is really sick.

I guess that some rape is legitimate in your mind?

You ought to be ashamed of yourself using that kind of argument. He is not defending rapists, and your reply is indefensible.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:15 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,760,766 times
Quote:
A heterosexual couple adopting is different than two men adopting boys.
I believe it was you that mentioned that a gay couple adopting 9 boys should have raised flags. How about Sandusky who adopted SIX BOYS. No flag waving there huh?

Was Sandusky gay? Was his wife of almost 50 years a "beard" for him? Oh, wait, maybe she was a lesbian and they worked out some sort of deal and ADOPTED six BOYS to convince everyone that they were a straight couple. NAH, I don't think so.

One of his adopted son's came forwarded and made a statement that he was abused by Sandusky when he was a child. Imagine that - a straight couple adopting six children - ALL BOYS - and it turns out he abused one of them (that we know of). If Sandusky abused one, more than likely he abused all. But since he raised them and he is the only "loving father" they knew, I'm sure that the other five struggled to bring it out in the open or not. It could be seen by them as a betrayal after all that he did for them (not to them). Maybe they were asked to please not say anything.

I also recall where one of the boys that Sandusky was abusing was taken to the basement and cried out, Sandusky's wife ignored his cries, clearly an indication that she knew what was going on. There are so many stories out there about how children were abused in foster homes where the foster parents were straight.

And here you and your buddies are arguing that gay couples shouldn't adopt because it puts children in danger.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:44 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,320,242 times
People don't seem to get this through their heads.

There are heterosexuals & homosexuals. Amongst them there are also pedophiles. I am a heterosexual. I like women, HELL I love women. There is nothing about a young girl that does anything for me at all.

My gay friend likes men, hell, he LOVES men. He's in a seriously commited relationship and thankfully lives in Washington State and he and his BF will probably be married soon. He's spent a great deal of his adult life giving time and money to children's charities. Guess what? He feels no attraction to the little boys that he helps out.

Look, if your reason is religious or any other and you have a problem with gays. Fine. You are well within your rights. I do disagree with your "right" to keep gays from marrying or having a family, but YOU personally have the right to disagree with it, IMO. However, this nonsense of comparing homosexuals to child rapists or animal "lovers" is just plain stupid. It's incorrect, unfounded and ignorant, period.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 AM

267 posts, read 201,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I'll give you two examples:

and this one?

Are these claims, opinion, or fact?
Touché I stand corrected.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,209,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
These people are at fault regardless of sexual orientation.

Some men molest, so that should mean that no men should be around kids??

Logic on this opinion escapes me.
I guess you missed the post/article where others living in the house refuted the statements of alleged abuse.
There's no proof/non-proof yet.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 AM

15,082 posts, read 14,267,980 times
Quote:
Seems to ME that this thread wouldn't even be here if it was a hetero couple abusing their children.
Speaking of agendas.....

Old 04-10-2013, 06:54 PM

316 posts, read 213,488 times
and just think about all the couples who can't have kids straight/gay and incompetent parents regardless of sexuality get them 9 times out of ten. I guess we expect hetero couples to abuse children because it's the norm. I loathe any kind of abuse. Americans tend to turn a blind eye when it isn't politically correct but yet been documented. They stick their fingers in their ears like kids and say no way so and so could do this. Nobody would think cops do such things. nobody would think priests would do such things. but yes they do case closed

Old 07-07-2013, 06:49 PM

25,683 posts, read 21,849,661 times
So, is this uncommon? Man Accused Of Raping, Pimping Out His Adopted Children - The Dreamin Demon Gay Adoption Horror: Duke University Official Molested Adopted African American Son, Pimped Son to Cop in Web Sting - RPVNetwork Homosexual Male Couple Abused Adopted Boy For Years, Social Workers Ignored - Blur Brain and Homosexual Adopts 5 Year-Old as Sex Object | Altermedia news U.S.A. Obviously there needs to be an extra amount of care when it comes to assessing homosexuals. I had read more than once that of the pedos that are arrested, 1/3 identify as homosexual while homosexuals make up only 1.5% of the population. In one of the articles, the social workers says that she ignored signs of abuse because she didn't want to be labeled a "homophobe" ("phobe" meaning fear). How sad. While I realize that not all homosexuals would pimp/molest the kids and that heterosexuals also pimp/molest, with the statistics, an extra ounce of care needs to be taken for the children and all people should be agreeing on that if they care about the children. I don't care whose toes get stepped on if it protects a child! Psychological testing is in order when there is a question. Call me what you want but the kids should come first!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies