U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 01:35 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,303,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Anyone who believes it's beyond Michelle Malkin to commision her followers to create ficticious twitter accounts to push her agenda against liberals and gays is naive, very naive indeed given her history of lies and half truths.

Please prove.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:35 PM

32,532 posts, read 30,569,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

My experience here and IRL is that liberals quite often tolerate those who believe as they do. Sadly this kind of glee at a death isn't uncommon for them.
Maybe you need to get out a little more.

You know. Experience life. Meet some flaming homosexual atheist liberals who would no more rejoice over this young man's death than they would fly to Mars. They're likely to be found at places like food banks, animal shelters, neighborhood store-front schools teaching immigrants English, helping their little old lady neighbor prune her roses. Just in case you decide to expand your horizons.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 PM

5,280 posts, read 3,487,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
It is called expressing one's opinion. Something Americans are still allowed to do, despite the leftist bullying.

And there it is, succinctly. "Yes, I have an opinion, but I don't need any basis for my opinion...because it's my opinion!" I can't tell you how often I encounter this. It's this idea that opinions are these (to steal a phrase from Rand) irreducible primaries. After all, it's not like your opinions should have any basis in established facts. You know, I believe it to be true, so it is true.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I agree, perfect example of the shallow right wing.
Hey, pot, the Kettle Called...

Old 04-07-2013, 01:38 PM

6,342 posts, read 4,360,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Liberals base their life on hate.

This doesn't surprise me.

Wait until a Dick Cheney or a Rush Limbaugh or a Clarence Thomas dies. You'll see what the left is all about then.
USA TODAY

Your right! The folks in this article spewing hate are Obama voters not conservatives.

As always Spewing racial and religious hate, contributing nothing and taking anything they can get their hands on. A bunch of miscreants.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Why would you 'refuse' to believe anything on Malkin's Twichy blog? She posts actual live tweets it's not like she's making them up.

Click on the twitter post dates then you can see the actual tweets for yourself.
But then the poster would have her mind set challenged. Facts are hard!

Old 04-07-2013, 01:39 PM

25,393 posts, read 30,673,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Maybe you need to get out a little more.
Or read these forums less. Too much ha-ha, you lost here. People tend to be more open with their opinions on line than they are IRL. So yes, I'd expect to see less mud throwing IRL than I'll see on line. That's just human nature, however, it is their true nature coming out. Someone who will post "I hope he turns out to be gay" as if that makes this all right probably wouldn't say it IRL out loud. They'd just think it and post it.

Still, I find it sad.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 04-07-2013 at 01:54 PM..

Old 04-07-2013, 01:40 PM

14,145 posts, read 7,647,587 times
Quote:
I lean just a bit left of center but right or left the world would be a better place without any of those 3 in it.
This is the peace and love of liberalism that the world has come to expect.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:44 PM

9,173 posts, read 7,039,169 times
Quote:
I think liberals who celebrate tragedies in other's lives lack a heart and I see it all too often (just check out the threads here). The correct response to a teen suicide is not snarky responses about karma.

I don't care who you are or what you believe I would not for one second entertain the thought of taunting like this in a moment of family tragedy. They lost a son. EVERYONE should be grieving with them not throwing stones. I don't care what you believe.

My experience here and IRL is that liberals quite often tolerate those who believe as they do. Sadly this kind of glee at a death isn't uncommon for them.
Uh huh. Kinda like the responses to Tyler Clemente's suicide, you mean?

It's uncommon for me. I don't express "glee" at anyone's death. How many other liberals here routinely go about being gleeful at people's deaths, particularly a young man's suicide? Let's have a show of hands, shall we?

And I find it somewhat - no make that ridiculously - hypocritical on your part that you feel the need to make political hay yourself out of this family's tragedy. I'm sure they appreciate it.

Old 04-07-2013, 01:45 PM

6,756 posts, read 3,393,034 times
Quote:
Read the tweets. Some call this Karma and some hope that the son turns out to be gay (to serve their purposes I suppose)....regardless, this is a family in grieving and this is sick.
Who cares? I don't support or agree w/ what they wrote, but this amounts to dozens of people saying something disagreeable out of millions. You could find more sexist, racist, pro-Nazi, etc tweets. Unless this becomes some sort of popular movement, ignore it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies