Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Is it a crime to type the president's middle name?
No and it shouldn't be. But it should be preceded by "President":

Mr. President
President Obama
President Barack Obama
President Barack Hussein Obama

They should all be sufficient. Especially for someone affiliated with the DoD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 02:38 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
No and it shouldn't be. But it should be preceded by "President":

Mr. President
President Obama
President Barack Obama
President Barack Hussein Obama

They should all be sufficient. Especially for someone affiliated with the DoD.
Of course the first thing that comes to mind when one sees DoD is Department of Defense. But DoD can stand for several things, two of which are "Degree of Disassociation" and "Denizen of Doom". I'll go with one of those.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Of course the first thing that comes to mind when one sees DoD is Department of Defense. But DoD can stand for several things, two of which are "Degree of Disassociation" and "Denizen of Doom". I'll go with one of those.
^^^
Heh.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:52 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
A thread about the "57 states"? In 2013? Really?

I haven seen anything this outdated and irrelevant since the Republican Party.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:15 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
A thread about the "57 states"? In 2013? Really?

I haven seen anything this outdated and irrelevant since the Republican Party.
You must have meant the Democratic Party.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Funny how he didn't need "57 states" to get re-elected though, huh? Webster's Dictionary | A dip : a Obama hater who creates useless threads knowing full well the President will be in power until 2017 and there is nothing that he can do besides post juvenile remarks about said President until then thereby not recognizing how miserable his existance will be until then.
How anyone can defend this idiot so-called "President" is hard to imagine. His votaries would stoop down and wash his feet, given the chance, such is the level of their blind devotion.

It isn't "juvenile" to point out that this guy isn't smart. It's important to expose the truth about Obama to as many as possible, regardless the fact he will be in office till 2017. Why? Because we do not want to make this same mistake ever again. While I was never a fan of McCain, at least he isn't stupid, and as for round two, Romney and Ryan are far more intelligent than Obama, and understood the destructive path we are on, and they had the leadership skills to reverse course. Obama isn't a leader, and never has been.

Too many people blindly follow this Pied Piper who is leading this country back to the darker days of human history, of overlords and serfdom. Obama's ideology is 180 degrees out of phase with our Constitution, despite what he said, "...unlike the current president, I actually respect the Constitution." That was a lie, as he has also commented that the "Constitution is a charter of negative liberties," adding that it "says what the government can't do to you, but doesn't say what it should do on your behalf." Obama believs that it is purpose of government to "level the playing field" and to "equalize" outcomes. This "social justice" is completely contrary to the fundamental principles of our founding. Our founders believed that the purpose of government was to "secure [our] rights," and our government, and our Constitution was established to do just that. Obama has turned our system upside down.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 04-08-2013 at 04:22 AM..

Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 AM

32 posts, read 102,800 times
[quote=Harrier;29026638]Is it a crime to type the president's middle name?[/quote

Of course it is not a crime, then again I am not a lawyer.

I said it was telling, not a crime.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 AM

The list of these ignorant "gaffes" (which they aren't, really) is endless. Obama doesn't know any better. He is strictly a street thug.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Liberals are still "blaming Bush".

You were saying?
I would call that a "gotcha!" Good one!

Old 04-08-2013, 04:47 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Do you smell that? Looks like we already have signs of a slow news day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies