Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 11:56 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Your reasoning is sound except for gun laws. The problem with "gun laws" such as what CT passed is that there is no evidence they will be effective.

Eliminating large magazine sales? What do you think will actually be the outcome of this change?
Adding more weapons to the banned list? What will happen?
Requiring citizens to register their large capacity magazines? Do you think many actually will tell CT they have a 9mm handgun with a 15 round magazine?

Enhanced background checks WILL prevent retail and gunshow sales of firearms to a few people.
I think there are 11 little "evidences" running around in Sandy Hook today that may show otherwise, well, at least to some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 12:38 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Well, you have the gun mfgs & sellers(NRA) against cutting into their sales. What would happen to them if it went Nationwide? After all, with every bullet sold, there is a potential little target that might get away.
As I've commented on your posts before, the NRA doesn't sell guns NRAStore.com - Home Page .

Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The gun fetishists would have us take away the laws against murder, because "murderers don't follow them anyway."
But the law against murder is after the fact for punishment. There should be no law against the mere existence of an object that can be used to commit murder because if there is, everything would need to be outlawed.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:49 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,268 times
Quote:
The gun fetishists would have us take away the laws against murder, because "murderers don't follow them anyway."
I've dismantled this idiotic argument numerous times, one more won't hurt.

Murder is illegal because it is inherently wrong. Owning a gun, high cap mag, etc. is not inherently wrong.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,959,017 times
Quote:
And what if those states do see a decrease in gun violence? What if, God forbid, some lives are actually saved. What will you do then---cry?
I think we have seen plenty enough of What IF Laws you know like the What IF a Gun Free School Zone LAW Works?

We KNOW NOW, GUN FREE SCHOOL ZONE LAWS DO NOT WORK PERIOD. Maybe if i YELL you will hear it

Gun LAWS do not work BECAUSE YOU FOOLISH PC People don't have any way to enforce it.

making more laws will not stop the mentally ill you PC [people allow to go free so they won't "FEEL Bad'

This whole problem is a Politically Correct problem.... You PC can't seem to understand that.

What you have done is raised insanity to the highest possible levels and now you are going to find out what happens for doing so.

So yeah make more stupid useless law and that will work this time...

Doing the same thing and expecting a different result is in fact insane.

Keep telling lies, keep telling the inept in unequal they are just fine, keep ruining lives...
Just don't expect us all to help, because a lot of us won't.

I don't even care about state laws that would prevent me from my carry guns, and I have been in 40 of them armed.

Who the Hell is going to stop me? I go to Mass I go to NY I go to NJ and to MD a lot.... None of those states allow me to have a loaded pistol and i just dam well don't care what they think about that.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:02 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,860,268 times
Quote:
And what if those states do see a decrease in gun violence? What if, God forbid, some lives are actually saved. What will you do then---cry?
We won't do anything. Because it won't happen.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:02 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,084,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
The enacted & proposed laws are not in violation of the Constitution. You'll still be able to own a firearm and be able to protect yourself provided you're not on the list of those who will be prohibited from owning a firearm.
The proposed laws DO want to limit type of firearm I choose to protect my family AND how many rounds I can load to do so.
If that doesn't violate the constitution I don't know what does.
Btw... you as a gun owner should be concerned about confiscation. Several legislators have said that if it were in thier power that they would collect every gun in America if they could. As more Sandy Hook type incidents occur in the future, more people are going to think like this too! The only thing they are lacking to do so is a national gun registry. That is something that will be required for Universal Background Check system to work.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:03 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,959,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
I've dismantled this idiotic argument numerous times, one more won't hurt.

Murder is illegal because it is inherently wrong. Owning a gun, high cap mag, etc. is not inherently wrong.
yeah this BS get old huh?

Old 04-08-2013, 01:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
As I've commented on your posts before, the NRA doesn't sell guns NRAStore.com - Home Page .
Don't confuse bob.....msnbc said that the NRA is to blame.....dammit, they're to blame!

Old 04-08-2013, 01:25 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,045,301 times
Quote:
And what will you say when it inevitably happens again?

What will be left to ban?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies