Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 12:41 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Lifeguards aren't a requirement to own or operate a pool, you continue to fail in the world of comparisons. I own and operate a pool, I can see if from my window right now. I don't have a lifeguard, I've never once been asked a single question about it by the federal, state or local gov. I didn't need a permit to buy it or have it installed. I don't report any water testing results to anyone.
Really? Then your state is hopelessly lax. There are hundreds of laws for private pools around here.

Of course, if someone drowned in your pool, see how fast the law takes your house, car and everything you own in judgement against you.

Once again, your desperate attempt to pretend guns are actually regulated half as much as pretty much any other object in America fails. Wahhhhh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Keep trying ... you're almost able to discount my argument. But not.

Are you required by law to continually practice and update your lifesaving and first aid skills in order to use a gun? Does your gun permit run out every three years? Do you have to pay hundreds of dollars for regular classes? I thought not.

Hmm ... when I volunteered to help high school swimmers, *I* had to be fingerprinted. Apparently being a volunteer coach is wayyyy more dangerous than carrying around loaded weapons.

And in any case, I know you haven't been subjected to "random searches." And as for constant lies and half truths .... you gun nuts have yourselves to supply those -- your "random searches" comment is the perfect example!
Lol, more ignorance about the process of being an FFL or owning guns. Are life guards required at every pool?

Old 04-08-2013, 12:43 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
You would deny families rights to protect themselves from thugs and criminals?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFJ9evzUAM

You are the enemy then.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:45 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Really? Then your state is hopelessly lax. There are hundreds of laws for private pools around here.

Of course, if someone drowned in your pool, see how fast the law takes your house, car and everything you own in judgement against you.
Prove it, show me the laws that regulate private pool possession in your state of CT. Drop all the dramatic BS, prove it.

I have a standard homeowners insurance policy on my property which covers my pool, it also protects me against someone being hurt on my land in any sort of accident. That same policy would come into question if a shooting took place on my property that was not in self defense.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Keep trying ... you're almost able to discount my argument. But not.

Are you required by law to continually practice and update your lifesaving and first aid skills in order to use a gun? Does your gun permit run out every three years? Do you have to pay hundreds of dollars for regular classes? I thought not.

Hmm ... when I volunteered to help high school swimmers, *I* had to be fingerprinted. Apparently being a volunteer coach is wayyyy more dangerous than carrying around loaded weapons.

And in any case, I know you haven't been subjected to "random searches." And as for constant lies and half truths .... you gun nuts have yourselves to supply those -- your "random searches" comment is the perfect example!
I'm required by law to pass a written and shooting test to maintain my license, that's after taking a mufti-day class to obtain the license. The testing process around here is in the $200 range and requires you to provide your own finger printing, ID photo and background checks.

You were fingerprinted to volunteer to make sure you weren't a criminal working with children at a school, that had nothing to do with pools or pool safety. Once again, you've failed.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Your attempt at being "intellectual" failed. Your example made no sense. Plastic 5 Gallon buckets, half-filled with water, kill more kids than "guns do"...
Considering the intended audience, there is absolutely no need to do that. I try to operate at a level to match, and my points still allude them. So...

Quote:
The Founders knew this. Too bad so many *******S and DemocRATS don't.
It didn't take much for them to get the RepTARDs, the Con-men/women confused.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Lol, more ignorance about the process of being an FFL or owning guns. Are life guards required at every pool?
At every public pool. Most private pools at country clubs etc. are also required by their insurance companies.

And if your state or town doesn't have safety regs for private pools like yours, you're still at fault for any accidents.

So ... you know nothing about pool safety, yet you're perfectly comfortable comparing it to something else. You're amusing at least.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
At every public pool. Most private pools at country clubs etc. are also required by their insurance companies.

And if your state or town doesn't have safety regs for private pools like yours, you're still at fault for any accidents.

So ... you know nothing about pool safety, yet you're perfectly comfortable comparing it to something else. You're amusing at least.
Where are the laws that pertain to pool ownership in CT? Please, you claim there are many... it should be easy to list them right?

Old 04-08-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I'm required by law to pass a written and shooting test to maintain my license, that's after taking a mufti-day class to obtain the license. The testing process around here is in the $200 range and requires you to provide your own finger printing, ID photo and background checks.

You were fingerprinted to volunteer to make sure you weren't a criminal working with children at a school, that had nothing to do with pools or pool safety. Once again, you've failed.
I paid about $1000 per kid to get their lifeguard, first aid and water safety instructor credentials. But hey, like you said, instead of regulating guns, we should regulate pools since people drown in them!!! Oh, wait, we do.

And as a volunteer working with children, I don't consider myself anywhere near as dangerous as you are with a gun. Yet ... there are more regulations on me than on you.

Face it, gun nuts. EVERYTHING in the US is more tightly regulated than guns and gun ownership. Putting your hands over your ears and shouting "La la la la, I can't HEAAAARRRR you!" doesn't change that fact. So you gun nuts can just get over yourselves. Take a powder, stroke your weapon, whatever gives you that little tingle down there.

Old 04-08-2013, 12:56 PM

Come on jmqueen, prove us all wrong.

First you'll try to list laws pertaining to a public pool since you won't find many, if anything pertaining to private pool ownership. Then you'll do your best to twist this and claim that the public pool laws are valid even though they have nothing to do with private pool ownership.

This pool/gun comparison is actually great, it makes the anti-self defense loons like like the idiots that they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies