Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:07 AM

315 posts, read 256,036 times

Advertisements

Its the same thing if you wear a mask. If its 20 below in Alaska then fine, but other then that it make you look suspicious. The same goes for a hoodie. They are used in many robbery's where people don't want to be seen. If you don't need one then don't make your self look like a hoodrat.

********* *******s who want to give rights to Muslims who wear Burkas and Hood rats wearing hoodies. I have every right to think your going to rob me and shoot you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I wear both a hoodie and a leather jacket when I am riding my motorcycle. Should the convienence store owner be scared of me when I stop for gas?

Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Its the same thing if you wear a mask. If its 20 below in Alaska then fine, but other then that it make you look suspicious. The same goes for a hoodie. They are used in many robbery's where people don't want to be seen. If you don't need one then don't make your self look like a hoodrat.

********* *******s who want to give rights to Muslims who wear Burkas and Hood rats wearing hoodies. I have every right to think your going to rob me and shoot you.
Yeah, people never wear hoodie sweatshirts at night. That's so out of the ordinary.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:10 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,034,491 times
OMG, that's prejudice!

Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
The hoodies are not really the problem. Out here there were guys walking around with the ski masks that cover half the face in 35-40 degree weather. Not exactly the Arctic. I see those eyes are on you for sure......

Old 04-08-2013, 10:12 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I wear both a hoodie and a leather jacket when I am riding my motorcycle. Should the convienence store owner be scared of me when I stop for gas?
Have you seen the Volkswagen commercial where the guy left his ski mask on by accident?

All-New Volkswagen Beetle Convertible | Mask - YouTube

Old 04-08-2013, 10:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:

First of all, you're not gonna shoot anyone...stop it. You'll just end up getting it taken by the hoodie wearer and getting pistolwhipped with it.

Secondly, there is nothing wrong with wearing a hoodie. I wear one everyday to go on my evening walks.

Wearing a ski mask in warm weather is silly, and on that one you've got a good point.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:25 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Um, I think the OP is talking about wearing a hoody with the hood up. Not just wearing a hoody (which many people do). The context of the situation is where the rubber meets the road. Do you wear a hoody (up) when its warm, not raining, etc? Do you wear a jacket when its warm (as to make people think you are hiding something? The way we wear things - sometimes - convey a message to those around them. If you want to emulate gang culture/uniform - then expect a response that is reflective of what/how each individual feels about it. Not everyone will think twice of it, but some will. That is the right of every single person to feel they way they do. There isn't a right or a wrong about it.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:00 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Oh good lord--my kids are about as clean cut as it gets, and you would be hard pressed to find ANY teenage boy in the US who doesn't wear a hoodie on a daily basis once the weather turns chilly. When the weather is cold, the hood goes up. When the weather is warm, you don't wear one. I think this board is full of really old people who don't have much else to do but sit here and type out nonsense.

If you're going to worry about gang apparel, it looks like you should be a little more concerned about wearing specific sports team apparel in areas where real gangs are prevalent, because some gangs do identify themselves by wearing the apparel from a specific team. It has nothing to do with hoodies themselves. It could be ball caps, wind pants--you name it--as long as it has a certain team logo, or might be worn a certain way.

Street gang clothes

http://ganginfo.rlcw.org/

Old 04-08-2013, 11:11 AM

46,953 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
The way we wear things - sometimes - convey a message to those around them. If you want to emulate gang culture/uniform - then expect a response that is reflective of what/how each individual feels about it. Not everyone will think twice of it, but some will. That is the right of every single person to feel they way they do. There isn't a right or a wrong about it.
See, normally, I wouldn't give two f.cks about what the OP thinks, believes or feels about what I'm wearing. Except when he goes on to state this:

Quote:
I have every right to think your going to rob me and shoot you.
Now we're dealing with an individual who feels entitled to act on his feelings - or who at least is willing to say he feels entitled to act, we all know that Internet Tough Guys aren't exactly rare. Even so, that last sentence puts a different spin on the debate, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 04-08-2013 at 11:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies