U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 03:48 AM

7,142 posts, read 8,880,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
What Ron Paul is doing with a home school curriculum is really no different than his family cookbooks. He's selling information. Except with the home schooling curriculum
he's giving them away free to K-5.
Of course he is giving it away free. In order to indoctrinate people's kids into his political ideology, at the earliest possible age. The same way religious groups stand outside public schools and give away bibles free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 06:42 AM

66,511 posts, read 33,791,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, bull......

You people would be screaming bloody murder and reading all sorts of nefarious crap into it.

And if you deny it, you are either flat out lying or you are delusional.

If it was done with his own funds, after he is out of the Whitehouse, there would be nothing to scream bloody murder about. It would not invlove me.

Now, while in office, and using tax dollars to do it... Yes there would be howling.

Tell me you don't see the difference?

Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

I think many people would find Ron Paul launching a home-school curriculum to indoctrinate children as young as six years old into believing in his political ideology to be kind of strange. Maybe even sinister. Some Ron Paul supporters in this thread even seem to agree.

It would be one thing if it was forced. Being voluntary, there is no indoctrinating.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:34 AM

9,897 posts, read 6,849,691 times
Quote:
The same way religious groups stand outside public schools and give away bibles free.
Or a free pizza night

Apparently, RP's curriculum is going to be bible based. I heard him speak when he
was running for Pres at a Thanksgiving Religious Round Table w/ other Republicans.
As an atheist, I was impressed that he seemed to be the only one on the panel that had
a true grasp of the teachings of the Prince of Peace.

If goodwill, and just war principles are the message he wants to "indoctrinate" kids with,
let them indoctrinate away Half kidding there.

RP has been an information, newsletter subscription guy his whole life.
With all the grand kids he has, he's probably simply passing on the knowledge
and info he told/tells his grand kids about all the time.

And let it be said, any Libertarian minded, as in Libertarian Party person, is going to
cringe at the recollection of American History, the way it is retold in the public schools.
This is just another avenue for a parent to help the child understand, set the
record straight.

As other posters have said, no one is forcing a parent to buy/ask for it.
RP will be charging for the primary grades 6-12.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:45 AM

9,012 posts, read 8,314,677 times
If I still had kids in school I'd be one of the first to do this; parents have a fantastic alternative now with this Ron Paul curriculum......

https://www.ronpaulcurriculum.com/

» Ron Paul Launches Home Schooling Program Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If it was done with his own funds, after he is out of the Whitehouse, there would be nothing to scream bloody murder about. It would not invlove me.

Now, while in office, and using tax dollars to do it... Yes there would be howling.

Tell me you don't see the difference?
Quote:
It would be one thing if it was forced. Being voluntary, there is no indoctrinating.

The Dept of Edu..........

There is your indoctrination, to be government servants..

Old 04-11-2013, 12:11 PM

9,012 posts, read 8,314,677 times
Ron Paul:

“A common feature of authoritarian regimes is the criminalization of alternatives to government-controlled education.”

“Dictators recognize the danger that free thought poses to their rule, and few things promote the thinking of “unapproved” thoughts like an education controlled by parents instead of the state. ” the former Congressman added, noting that “…Children do better when their education is controlled by those who know their unique needs best, rather than by a federal bureaucrat.”

The man is simply awesome

Old 04-11-2013, 02:41 PM

When you sit the indoctrinated in the seat of reason, they tend to squirm.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:45 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,880,574 times
Quote:
Six year olds don't voluntarily agree to be educated in Ron Paul's political ideology. That just doesn't happen. Even if if they did agree to it, they would have no idea what they are agreeing to at that age.

Old 04-11-2013, 03:24 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,697,027 times
Quote:
It's not his politics that is so dangerous. He is just another right-wing nut-job, like what we have been suffering under for most of the last 33 years.

It's just him. He's a wanabe dictator. There is something seriously messed up about a man who creates a home-school curriculum, designed to brainwash little children into believing in his political ideology. That gives him all the markings of a cult leader. I think this guy has potential to be the most dangerous American who has ever lived.

I'd feel the same way if he was a left-wing liberal Democrat, doing what he is doing.

You need to open your eyes. The Liberals have been brainwashing our children for years. And we have become a country of idiots.

I agree the Right Wing nut jobs have screwed up this country. Problem is there has been no difference between The Right and The Left for 30 years. That is why we are in the mess we are in today.

Ron Paul supporters realize this. They are not sheep, they question everything they hear from our government.

But I do believe it is too late to turn this ship around. The population has been successfully brainwashed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies