U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 AM
 
Location: Montreal, Quebec
15,087 posts, read 12,014,486 times
Reputation: 9717

Advertisements

If you don't like my source, here's a copy of the bill itself. Lookee here...there's his name, in black and white.
Bill Summary & Status - 105th Congress (1997 - 1998) - H.J.RES.78 - All Information - THOMAS (Library of Congress)&
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-10-2013, 03:52 AM
 
Location: NE Ohio
30,193 posts, read 16,629,264 times
Reputation: 8850
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This is exactly what America needs.
I agree. The public schools have not been teaching American History in any depth for many years, and are glossing over crucial facts of our founding, skipping others entirely, and rewriting what doesn't suit the "progressive" agenda. I have read that there is only scant mention of great men like Abraham Lincoln.

This is the reason why, on these threads, you find so many liberals totally ignorant of basic facts of our founding, our Constitution, and what it means to be a free country. They have been taught "collectivist" ideology, and are disdainful of free market economics and capitalism, two foundations of freedom.

We home schooled our two daughters for most of their K-12 years, using books and curriculum from Bob Jones University, which are excellent, and heavy on American History and Western civilization. Our daughters were far better educated than their public school peers in all areas, and always scored well above the national average on the standardized tests, usually in the high 90 percentile range, and unlike the public school students, home schooled students were required to take the tests annually here in Ohio.

I applaud Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 04:24 AM
 
1,160 posts, read 1,202,614 times
Reputation: 929
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
He is a capitalist at heart. So no surprise he has a new gig after the senate ends.
He was in the House of Representatives. I'm sure he'll emphasize American government in his course of studies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 06:57 AM
 
977 posts, read 651,103 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
No you haven't. Because "you said so" is laughable as well as meaningless. Someone said he said this. The only certifiable ones are those who think because someone said so it's true.
Please whatever you do don't listen to the one who spoke the words and heaven forbid don't look at their actions. Hard to wrap your head around that isn't it. Ignore that, just like you ignored the facts that he was correct on the on the collapse and he was correct on the 9/11 attack.

here's a couple easy ones right off the bat.

lie number one -Supports Lower Taxes For Rich People And Higher Ones For Everyone Else
he supports raising the National Sales Tax for all of America. Ron Paul wants to raise that number to 23%.
Probably thinking of Gary Johnson. I'm using "thinking" loosely.
Follow Ron Paul much do we?

Get rid of the income tax and replace it with nothing. Better than what we have now would be a national sales tax which would be simpler, less loopholes. You probably think he wants people to pay tax on food and medicine too, lol.

Lie number two
The man is a strong believer of prayer in school.

Voted NO on allowing school prayer during the War on Terror. (Nov 2001)

No person shall be required by the United States or by any State to participate in prayer . Neither the United States nor any State shall compose the words of any prayer to be said in public schools.

Neither the United States nor any State shall establish any official religion, but the people's right to pray and to recognize their religious beliefs, heritage, or traditions on public property, including schools, shall not be infringed. Neither the United States nor any State shall require any person to join in prayer or other religious activity, prescribe school prayers, discriminate against religion, or deny equal access to a benefit on account of religion.

truth is treason
You don't like my links? They are the truth irrespective of your claims. The guy is a loon. And don't cherry pick. Look at all the links.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 07:01 AM
 
977 posts, read 651,103 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Where's the collapse? What planet have you been on the last 5 years?

Nope Meddling is meddling. I'm against "we can do it, but you cannot". That's inconsistent policy, you however are for that.

The 9/11 Commission report as well as the others did the smart thing. They didn't ask what others THOUGHT the reasons were. They asked the ones who lived there.
Define collapse. Don't just hear the sound bite and run with it. Define the term. Can you do that? What collapsed?

So you're a protectionist. Then you have no problem with all the foreign companies pulling out their manufacturing from this country. And you're okay with getting rid of our intel abroad. After all, in the loon's world, we never attack preemptively. Right?

I see you alibi for the 911 Commission. You only want some 'facts'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 07:04 AM
 
977 posts, read 651,103 times
Reputation: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
[youtube]rH1FaLdABFM
yeah being Right on a lot of current issues...........
......while being wrong on far more makes him a loon. That as well as his dimwit positions that I have linked to previously. If the guy wants to be a palm reader predicting the future then fine. He's a loon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 07:06 AM
 
977 posts, read 651,103 times
Reputation: 113
The looney hypocrite..............

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...vsSOkvgXG7q4rw

Ron Paul's Hypocrisy on Earmarks, Pork-Barrel Spending
By Jon C. Hopwood | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Fri, Mar 9, 2012
Email
Share112Tweet180
Print
RELATED CONTENT
View Photo
Ron Paul, Nashua, New Hampshire …
View Photo
Rick Santorum (Bedford, New Hampshire, …
COMMENTARY | Ron Paul runs political ads targeting Rick Santorum, accusing him of being a "fake" fiscal conservative. He criticizes Santorum's use of congressional earmarks, but Paul himself has put in for over half a billion dollars in earmarks for his district in the past two fiscal years.
First, the facts, via the American Independent:
For FY 2011, Rep. Paul submitted requests for 41 earmarks worth $157,093,544. The previous year, he submitted 54 earmarks totaling a whopping $398,460,640, including $2.5 million for a redevelopment project in Baytown, Texas. Among the essential public services that the earmark would finance were "trash cans…and decorative street lighting."
In the last Republican debate, John King asked Paul to explain his charge against Santorum. A smiling Paul said, "Because he's a fake."
He explained that Santorum portrays himself as fiscally conservative, but in the Senate, he voted to expand federal spending. Paul claimed that he himself had only voted for one appropriations bill in his congressional career, legislation that funded veterans programs. Later in the debate, he honed in on Santorum's record of voting for earmarks for his home state Pennsylvania.
The problem with Paul's attacks on Santorum's record of earmarks is that it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. It also elucidates Paul's hypocrisy.
Santorum is a proponent of big government and a defender of earmarks, though he makes a distinction between "good" and "bad" earmarks. Reo, Paul, on the other hand, pretends that he is completely against earmarks while continuing to exploit the earmark process to bring home the bacon to his own district, a practice he allegedly deplores.
Paul lards up spending bills with pork via earmarks for his Texas district, knowing that the spending bill will pass, then votes against it. He then piously claims he is against pork barrel spending, a practice he has mastered. When called out on it, he claims he's lassoing tax dollars his Texans have sent to Washington, corralling them to be driven back to his district like so many cattle rustled by black-hatted government badmen.
Paul was one of only four Republicans to ask for earmarks in the 2011 budget, according to the American Independent. The House Republican Conference voted on extending its voluntary ban on earmarks in November 2010, but Paul ignores it.
Ron Paul has exposed himself as not only being a "fake" fiscal conservative himself but a hypocrite.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 07:24 AM
 
Location: The Republic of Texas
66,505 posts, read 33,791,630 times
Reputation: 14240
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
Define collapse. Don't just hear the sound bite and run with it. Define the term. Can you do that? What collapsed?

So you're a protectionist. Then you have no problem with all the foreign companies pulling out their manufacturing from this country. And you're okay with getting rid of our intel abroad. After all, in the loon's world, we never attack preemptively. Right?

I see you alibi for the 911 Commission. You only want some 'facts'.



You do realize, interventionism crushes liberties, left & right.
So, it is OK to have your nose all up in someone else's business?
You make the correction on theories, robbing millions of liberty?

Welcome to the new definition of liberty. Liberty now means control. Who knew?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,720 posts, read 11,216,955 times
Reputation: 6150
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
You don't like my links? They are the truth irrespective of your claims. The guy is a loon. And don't cherry pick. Look at all the links.
You cannot formulate your own thoughts. You cannot discuss the issues.
because someone told you why it must be true,.

baaa baa went the sheep
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-10-2013, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Texas
26,720 posts, read 11,216,955 times
Reputation: 6150
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
The looney hypocrite..............

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...vsSOkvgXG7q4rw

Ron Paul's Hypocrisy on Earmarks, Pork-Barrel Spending
By Jon C. Hopwood | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Fri, Mar 9, 2012
Email
Share112Tweet180
Print
RELATED CONTENT
View Photo
Ron Paul, Nashua, New Hampshire …
View Photo
Rick Santorum (Bedford, New Hampshire, …
COMMENTARY | Ron Paul runs political ads targeting Rick Santorum, accusing him of being a "fake" fiscal conservative. He criticizes Santorum's use of congressional earmarks, but Paul himself has put in for over half a billion dollars in earmarks for his district in the past two fiscal years.
First, the facts, via the American Independent:
For FY 2011, Rep. Paul submitted requests for 41 earmarks worth $157,093,544. The previous year, he submitted 54 earmarks totaling a whopping $398,460,640, including $2.5 million for a redevelopment project in Baytown, Texas. Among the essential public services that the earmark would finance were "trash cans…and decorative street lighting."
In the last Republican debate, John King asked Paul to explain his charge against Santorum. A smiling Paul said, "Because he's a fake."
He explained that Santorum portrays himself as fiscally conservative, but in the Senate, he voted to expand federal spending. Paul claimed that he himself had only voted for one appropriations bill in his congressional career, legislation that funded veterans programs. Later in the debate, he honed in on Santorum's record of voting for earmarks for his home state Pennsylvania.
The problem with Paul's attacks on Santorum's record of earmarks is that it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. It also elucidates Paul's hypocrisy.
Santorum is a proponent of big government and a defender of earmarks, though he makes a distinction between "good" and "bad" earmarks. Reo, Paul, on the other hand, pretends that he is completely against earmarks while continuing to exploit the earmark process to bring home the bacon to his own district, a practice he allegedly deplores.
Paul lards up spending bills with pork via earmarks for his Texas district, knowing that the spending bill will pass, then votes against it. He then piously claims he is against pork barrel spending, a practice he has mastered. When called out on it, he claims he's lassoing tax dollars his Texans have sent to Washington, corralling them to be driven back to his district like so many cattle rustled by black-hatted government badmen.
Paul was one of only four Republicans to ask for earmarks in the 2011 budget, according to the American Independent. The House Republican Conference voted on extending its voluntary ban on earmarks in November 2010, but Paul ignores it.
Ron Paul has exposed himself as not only being a "fake" fiscal conservative himself but a hypocrite.
There is no hypocrisy just more misinformation and baseless accusations.
It's his constituents money. It's his job to get their money back since they know how to spend it better than some bureaucrat in Washington DC.
Go ahead and name all those on Congress who return a portion of their congressional budget? Top of the list was Ron Paul. Every year, yet you proclaim he's not fiscally conservative? He not only talks the talk, he walks the walk.

Also you didn't watch the debates. you believe what someone said, yet again. palese ignore the facts.
First, Santorum attempted to cast Romney as a hypocrite, noting Romney’s Olympics earmark before launching into a complicated explanation of how earmarks work, including a jab at Paul, whom Santorum called “one of the most prolific earmarkers today.” The monologue fell flat with the crowd.

Santorum tried to tie earmarks to increased spending and like you he failed.
Only someone uninformed as you would say he's not fiscally conservative. Earmarks DO NOT RAISE THE BUDGET. It is money already allocated. If the money doesn't go to earmarks, meaning his constituents, then the President spends the money. Here's why, because you won't figure it out, the President appoints the Heads of the cabinets, of course they are going to do the Presidents bidding.
"We won, it's our turn", ring a bell? It's always been that way, Obama just came out and said it.

Ron Paul ignored a Voluntary ban and you don't like it because he doesn't follow lockset with the lemming approach you love.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 04-10-2013 at 09:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top