Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 AM

524 posts, read 400,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I thought your Hemingway quote was meant as an insult to my intelligence.

Logic fail.

Why would I do that? Anyway, it's not my fault if you deciede to take a quote to heart, that's your own problem. I thought I would try and highlight main differences of thought in regards to monetary policy between Ron Paul and Obama. The main one is the Federal Reserve System, Paul has been fighting against it his whole career while every other president we have had (and presidential candidate) adopts it's policies as their own. Paul has been in the game a long time and has a great deal of knowledge about our financial system, no one can deny that after glancing at his resume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
This needs to be publicized..... Ron Paul does something extraordinary again!!
With this he will be helping to lead the future generations to be independent thinkers

Ron Paul is such a beautiful man. He's my hero

Ben Swann Interviews Ron Paul About His Upcoming Event In Cincinnati - YouTube

Old 04-09-2013, 10:39 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
You know, a complaint against Obama was/is that he has no "real world" experience. Yet here we have Paul, who did what, work in a medical practice (not sure he owned it) for a few years, then spent the rest of his career in and out of Congress. So what does he know about economics in practice?
What experience has Timothy Geithner or Ben Bernanke have to qualify......... one is for not paying his taxes and the other seems to think printing more will help our economy.

Ron Paul is the only one that has suggested auditing the Federal Reserve, wonder why President Obama doesn't agree with this..........Obama Won

Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This is exactly what America needs.
lol

Old 04-09-2013, 10:52 AM

563 posts, read 807,333 times
I'm pretty sure charter schools using this curriculum will start popping up all over the country. Going to be an interesting experiment.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:59 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,177,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
I'm pretty sure charter schools using this curriculum will start popping up all over the country. Going to be an interesting experiment.
Well with the rate of schools today it can't be worse than what the public education system is currently cranking out-- mediocrity at best.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I think that's great. McD's needs more cashiers and fry cooks when the immigrants children find better jobs after working hard at a real education.
At least they'll be ejjicated fry cooks.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:54 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
No. Because I have two good ears and two good eyes.
And nothing in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
You are entitled to believe the loon if you wish
Ron Paul Is Insane
Someone said so, right?
Whatever you do, don't listen to what Ron Paul says or how he votes. Just listen to those who make up things about him.

Is it insane to think that killing innocent people in the Middle East through sanctions or the use of force would cause retaliation like 9/11? duhhhh

Is it insane to think that manipulating the free market in the housing industry and encouraging the ensuing mal investment which put us in these horrible economic times is a bad thing? duhhhh

btw Hows our education system compared to the rest of the world? Things looking up since the Feds are controlling education with their one size fits all approach? hint- a lower ranking isn't a good thing.

helloooooooo anyone home?

Old 04-09-2013, 12:01 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times
Quote:
You know, a complaint against Obama was/is that he has no "real world" experience. Yet here we have Paul, who did what, work in a medical practice (not sure he owned it) for a few years, then spent the rest of his career in and out of Congress. So what does he know about economics in practice?
Ron Paul: Economics 101 Is Not Rocket Science!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 PM

288 posts, read 230,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Sure hope so. I would relocate just so my kids could attend a school like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies