Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 11:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
I know really! Who can stand such common sense and truthfulness! Its horrible I tell you. He could never do as good as Obama and Bush did!He would have to invade at least 5 countries,get unemployment up to about 25% and put troops in EVERY country to beat their awesome presidencies!

FORWARD!..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
I know really! Who can stand such common sense and truthfulness! Its horrible I tell you. He could never do as good as Obama and Bush did!He would have to invade at least 5 countries,get unemployment up to about 25% and put troops in EVERY country to beat their awesome presidencies!
Ron Paul is a true man of honor.
If he won I'd have faith that this country would be ok; since he didn't, I know we're all screwed.
The masses are brainwashed, so of course, they just don't get it.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:17 PM

288 posts, read 230,840 times
Nope they don't. I gave up on people long ago. I managed to show my wife and mother the right way the Ron Paul way and its stuck with them....I am raising my kids that way as well....The rest of humanity well its their problem not mine...

Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
has there ever been a libertarian country?
Liechtenstein is probably the closest right now. They are also the wealthiest per capita, or very close to it.

Estonia is moving in that direction and their economy is growing tremendously.

The U.S. was pretty much libertarian until 1900 or so. Especially out west.

Rhode Island was when founded by Europeans.

There are several examples of economic libertarian countries.

Ireland had no government to speak of for 400 years or so and was the most advanced country in Europe at the time.

Then you have Zomia which is more anarchial but the people there seem to be fine.

Much of Western Europe had very weak governments during the Middle Ages.

More people have lived outside of central government control than have lived in it.

This is all off the top of my head. There are plenty more, this list is by no means exhaustive. I'm sure you have Google.

Last edited by OhioRules; 04-10-2013 at 01:48 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 01:47 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You're not the only one. I've always thought he was weird and creepy.

I've listened to him speak and could never understand the appeal.

Agreed, again.
Thanks that makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
It's not his politics that is so dangerous. He is just another right-wing nut-job, like what we have been suffering under for most of the last 33 years.

It's just him. He's a wanabe dictator. There is something seriously messed up about a man who creates a home-school curriculum, designed to brainwash little children into believing in his political ideology. That gives him all the markings of a cult leader. I think this guy has potential to be the most dangerous American who has ever lived.

I'd feel the same way if he was a left-wing liberal Democrat, doing what he is doing.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:09 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This is exactly what America needs.
Politicians in general should stay out of putting forth curricula, and I say this as a Ron Paul fan and also as a mom who will be homeschooling. There's already a ton of curricula out there to choose from, and most is pretty conservative and sticks to the facts, not this progressive crap we have being taught in schools these days.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:53 PM

288 posts, read 230,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
It's not his politics that is so dangerous. He is just another right-wing nut-job, like what we have been suffering under for most of the last 33 years.

It's just him. He's a wanabe dictator. There is something seriously messed up about a man who creates a home-school curriculum, designed to brainwash little children into believing in his political ideology. That gives him all the markings of a cult leader. I think this guy has potential to be the most dangerous American who has ever lived.

I'd feel the same way if he was a left-wing liberal Democrat, doing what he is doing.
You obviously don't know Ron Paul if you believe that crap.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
You obviously don't know Ron Paul if you believe that crap.
Well I've read quite a bit about him. Why don't you tell me what you think I'm missing.

I don't see liberals creating home-school curriculums to indoctrinate their kids into their political beliefs. The entire situation sounds to me like mind control.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:24 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,178,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

This is the all time dumbest thing I have ever read on C-D.

Lmao, obviously you could use a real education.....I urge you to get the Ron Paul Homeschooling program, & stop embarrassing yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies