Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Farmer Wins Right to Display Anti-Obama Signs On His Own Property | CNS News

But, Judge Steven Servaas of the 63rd District Court found the sign ordinance for the Gaines Township to be unconstitutional, agreeing with The Rutherford Institute's arguments that the ordinance violated the First Amendment because it treated commercial speech and advertising more favorably than political speech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 05:51 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Displaying signs that are critical of President Obama should not be allowed, just as posting comments that are critical of him should also not be allowed on this or any other forum. He is the President of the United States of America. Public displays against him should be considered acts of treason. It's unfortunate that the so-called patriots who wave their flags at others have no respect for the president. This should not be allowed. You don't have to vote for the eventual winner of any election, but there should be no reason to ever slander them.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheContent View Post
Displaying signs that are critical of President Obama should not be allowed, just as posting comments that are critical of him should also not be allowed on this or any other forum. He is the President of the United States of America. Public displays against him should be considered acts of treason. It's unfortunate that the so-called patriots who wave their flags at others have no respect for the president. This should not be allowed. You don't have to vote for the eventual winner of any election, but there should be no reason to ever slander them.
yes, liberal answer, if you dont like whats taking place, shut the hell up and take it..

You dont like it, dont read the forums..

Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 PM

2,500 posts, read 2,928,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yes, liberal answer, if you dont like whats taking place, shut the hell up and take it..

You dont like it, dont read the forums..
I am not a liberal. You lose by default. I will read and reply to anything I want. If you can't deal with that, then YOU don't have to read MY comments.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Farmer Wins Right to Display Anti-Obama Signs On His Own Property | CNS News

But, Judge Steven Servaas of the 63rd District Court found the sign ordinance for the Gaines Township to be unconstitutional, agreeing with The Rutherford Institute's arguments that the ordinance violated the First Amendment because it treated commercial speech and advertising more favorably than political speech.
I wonder how he would feel if a neighbor posted negative signs about republicans?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Quote:
Joe Stalin felt the same way...

Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Russia is calling you...

Old 04-08-2013, 06:31 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Absolutely the correct ruling. People need to put aside what is being said but rather consider what is being banned.

Verduin, Gaines Township officials alleged that his political banners violate the township's sign ordinance, which allows only business-related signs on vehicles...........

Why in the world would they think it was their business what people put on their vehicles?

Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
I am not a liberal. You lose by default.
Sure you arent..
Quote:
I will read and reply to anything I want. If you can't deal with that, then YOU don't have to read MY comments.
Oh I have no problem reading your comments and responding to them, but then YOU are the one talking about denying people the right to speak, I'm not

Old 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Correct ruling - "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" as Voltaire probably didn't say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies