Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 09:34 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,602,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Find your own church that accepts you.

They're out there.
"You"? I'm guessing that you mean that "they" (the students) should find a different church?

Quote:
And that article has nothing to do with what is going on at GWU.
How weird. You couldn't be more wrong.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:40 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
The progressives believe that infants should be having sex if they could...as if it is some sort of human right. If I were to say that I do not want my 13 year old son or daughter to have sex or be trained in strange sex...They would accuse me of a human rights violation and that I was trampling on the rights of my own children- This is how far the lunatics have gone. Sex is serious stuff ...it should not be treated like a McDonalds burger.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:41 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,094,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The progressives believe that infants should be having sex if they could...as if it is some sort of human right. If I were to say that I do not want my 13 year old son or daughter to have sex or be trained in strange sex...They would accuse me of a human rights violation and that I was trampling on the rights of my own children- This is how far the lunatics have gone. Sex is serious stuff ...it should not be treated like a McDonalds burger.
Really?

Old 04-08-2013, 09:44 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,813,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Really?
No much of a response- why did you bother? Time to turn this machine off and go to bed. As for the subject. My point was sex has been made trivial and it should be treated morally like a controlled substance.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
No much of a response- why did you bother? Time to turn this machine off and go to bed. As for the subject. My point was sex has been made trivial and it should be treated morally like a controlled substance.
I was so astounded at how asininely stupid your comment was that "really" was all I could muster in response.

Do you really think that "progressives believe that infants should be having sex if they could"???

Old 04-08-2013, 09:50 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The gay Catholic kid from Vermont is one of the GW students trying to oust the Chaplin at the GW Newman Center.
Damn you're quick.

Yes.

I realized that after figuring out what the Newman Center was and how he had any role in the point.

I amended (edited) my original post.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Find your own church that accepts you.

They're out there.

Mine is a huge liberal Catholic church.
I think the point these kids are trying to make is that the Chaplin at the Newman Center - basically the Catholic Church that serves the George Washington community - doesn't reflect the views of the flock and should therefore be replaced with a Chaplin who does.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:59 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,251,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
"You"? I'm guessing that you mean that "they" (the students) should find a different church?
Yes. Are they going to continue with the school parish after they graduate? Are they even members? Most likely not.

Why waste their time?

There are plenty out there.

What's the point for these college seniors in love to do what they are doing? They had no freaking clue up and until they met and fell in love? Didn't have an issue until now?

Come on.

Like they DIDN'T know what to expect from the school priest.

Quote:
How weird. You couldn't be more wrong.
I'm not wrong.

Common sense is never wrong.

Try it sometime.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleg bach View Post
no much of a response- why did you bother? Time to turn this machine off and go to bed. As for the subject. My point was sex has been made trivial and it should be treated morally like a controlled substance.
rotflmao!

Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,593 times
Quote:
there's a difference between a 13yo.. and a college student... one being a college student is an ADULT!...

jesus christ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies