Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2013, 12:45 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Nope, no kids. Happily married too.
So you are not qualified to make any informed comment on child custody determinations. You just reach in a pull those little tidbits out or your arse?

Old 04-10-2013, 12:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Women are hardly held to the same standards. If a woman has prior legal and personal history that would suggest she is unfit, it is rarely brought into question. I have no criminal history, have never assaulted a woman, have no drug issues and I have every right to blame societies ignored discrimination towards men. You're doing it now. You're either too ignorant to see it or you are being willfully ignorant so you don't have to admit it.
Wow! if someone doesn't agree with you, you call them ignorant, simpletons or accuse them of misandry. No wonder you're so bitter and whiny. Women probably don't like you.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:55 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you are not qualified to make any informed comment on child custody determinations. You just reach in a pull those little tidbits out or your arse?
If I am not qualified to make an informed comment on child custody because I don't have children, then women who haven't gotten an abortion shouldn't be qualified to make a comment on abortion. See, this is your logic and it is flawed beyond reason.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Wow! if someone doesn't agree with you, you call them ignorant, simpletons or accuse them of misandry. No wonder you're so bitter and whiny. Women probably don't like you.
When someone is denying discrimination, they are being ignorant. I'm neither bitter or whiny. I present the facts and like women who fought this similar fight and continue to fight it, I will be attacked by ignorant people like you. Women love me and I love them. Feminists don't like me for some reason... and I am ok with that.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:01 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
In most cases the judge looks at continuity for the child. Will the child be moved from his/her school, friends, family, activities.

Parents ability to provide for the child. Monetarily, and emotionally.

Parents past criminal, and mental health history.

Parents drug history.

Who has been the predominate caregiver for the child.

A lot of factors go into making that decision. Many states are moving away from giving either parent sole custody unless there is proof of violence, or criminal activity around the child. Joint custody is now the norm.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
When someone is denying discrimination, they are being ignorant. I'm neither bitter or whiny. I present the facts and like women who fought this similar fight and continue to fight it, I will be attacked by ignorant people like you. Women love me and I love them. Feminists don't like me for some reason... and I am ok with that.
I guess it's one of those mysteries we'll never know the answer to.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:08 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
I skimmed quickly, but here's my favorite line of the so called "research" you posted.
"What is more violent, brandishing a knife at your spouse in the heat of an argument, refusing to wear a condom, or calling your spouse fat or stupid? NISVS did not ask about knife-wielding, but did ask about condoms and name-calling. Men were more often the victims of both psychological aggression ("expressive aggression" and "coercive control") and control of reproductive or sexual health."

They're calling men victims of domestic violence if their female partner insists that they wear a condom or calls them a name. Seriously? Name calling isn't nice, but I've never known anyone to go to a shelter because their spouse calls them names. That's when you walk out and get a divorce--not cower in fear. As for the rest--If I don't want to be pregnant or catch a disease, I'd be pretty hard core about making a male partner wear a condom too. My body, my rules. Your "researcher" is trying to use that as examples of sexual coercion and abuse. Who IS this nut writing this stuff? Having a law degree means squat unless you have some credibility and a professional background in the field you're writing about.

Here's the real research that your goofy site cherry picked data from:
http://www.cdc.gov/violencepreventio...port2010-a.pdf

"Approximately 1 in 4 women and nearly 1 in 7 men in the U.S. have experienced severe physical violence by an intimate partner at some point in their lifetime." When you go on to read through the report, Black and Native American men ARE reporting high levels of physical violence against them--close to 50%, which would account for the one in seven number being as high as it. That becomes more of a cultural factor than just a straight issue of male/female violence. It also doesn't take into account women hitting back and trying to defend themselves if men hit them first, or who hit the hardest and did the worst damage. If you claw someone and draw blood because they're choking you, are you abusing your partner?

Last edited by mb1547; 04-10-2013 at 02:16 PM..

Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I guess it's one of those mysteries we'll never know the answer to.
If a feminists doesn't like me for taking a stand against male discrimination, I am 100% ok with them hating me. The truth is hard to swallow, but the sooner you do the easier it is and the better you will be. Once you've come to understand and accept that men are discriminated against in some cases and that it isn't ok, you will be a better person and can help progress human rights.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
If a feminists doesn't like me for taking a stand against male discrimination, I am 100% ok with them hating me. The truth is hard to swallow, but the sooner you do the easier it is and the better you will be. Once you've come to understand and accept that men are discriminated against in some cases and that it isn't ok, you will be a better person and can help progress human rights.
You still haven't shown any discrimination against men.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:20 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Women are hardly held to the same standards. If a woman has prior legal and personal history that would suggest she is unfit, it is rarely brought into question. I have no criminal history, have never assaulted a woman, have no drug issues and I have every right to blame societies ignored discrimination towards men. You're doing it now. You're either too ignorant to see it or you are being willfully ignorant so you don't have to admit it.

So if you really have "no criminal history, have never assaulted a woman, have no drug issues" what shred of factual evidence do you have that you wouldn't get joint custody of children (if you had them) in the event that you and your wife divorced?

Oh wait--you don't. It has zip to do with being male or female, and everything to do with being a fit parent.

This is getting to be outright silly. You are a very weird little man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies