Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times

Advertisements

In engineering field (which is a relatively well paid field), there are very few competent women.
Most women are not really interested in new skills and new techniques; instead, they only care about their "image".

In computer science, for example, probably 80% skills are learned "after school", and women usually cannot keep up.

There are exceptions of course, but not many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 12:03 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabaghoul View Post
Men make more money than women. I always thought it was the opposite. Discuss possible reasons. Most HR managers are women who hire women so how come men are paid more?

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...nclick_check=1
You always thought wrong. It is widely publicized fact that men continue to make more on average than women for the same jobs and experience levels.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:05 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,758,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
You always thought wrong. It is widely publicized fact that men continue to make more on average than women for the same jobs and experience levels.
If there were no "diversity programs", the gap would be even bigger.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:07 AM

131 posts, read 209,966 times
Quote:
Men make more money than women. I always thought it was the opposite. Discuss possible reasons. Most HR managers are women who hire women so how come men are paid more?

Honestly, I don't see how men are making more money than women nor how are women still the ones whom are disadvantaged economically; both seem to have reached a point of balance yet some women still want more. They literally already have every thing men have aside from different body parts, soon enough it will be legal to beat a women simply because some women want every right a man has therefore they'll be getting hit just as a man is hit without any repercussions from the law.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:31 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:

HR managers don't set salaries.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:33 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Not true.

They get paid the same.

Unless you think women are stupid enough to work for less?

Is that what you think? Women are stupid?

Old 04-12-2013, 07:30 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,376,785 times
Quote:

Yawn. Tired old troll post.

Women DO make as much as their male counterparts, if they're willing to take the same dangerous and high risk jobs that are dominated by men, such as police, firefighter, military, pilot, etc.

Never in my entire career have I worked with a female co-worker who was paid less than me. There's always a standard wage and your gender is irrelevant. This is such a BS argument. If you're good at what you do, people will pay you accordingly for it.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:32 AM

1,956 posts, read 4,876,135 times
My gf will make more money than I will when she finishes college and gets a job. She will be a teaching with her masters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies