Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 AM

315 posts, read 256,036 times

Advertisements

What we have done [the gun culture] to the Dems on this issue is simple but brilliant.
We have used the lies they are saying against them so they would have to admit they have lied or go along with us. The new gun bill, if you buy a gun at a gun store, gun show or shop on line you have to do a BGC and paperwork to buy it. That's the way it has been since ever. But the left keep pushing this lie about buying guns at gun shows and on line without BGCs and paperwork so that when we say OK here is a bill to change all that, they either have to say, wait that's no change at all, showing themselves to be liars or go along with it like the chumps they are and thump themselves on the chest to say look what I have done. LMFAO looks like they are doing the thumping the chest rout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 04:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
What we have done [the gun culture] to the Dems on this issue is simple but brilliant.
We have used the lies they are saying against them so they would have to admit they have lied or go along with us. The new gun bill, if you buy a gun at a gun store, gun show or shop on line you have to do a BGC and paperwork to buy it. That's the way it has been since ever. But the left keep pushing this lie about buying guns at gun shows and on line without BGCs and paperwork so that when we say OK here is a bill to change all that, they either have to say, wait that's no change at all, showing themselves to be liars or go along with it like the chumps they are and thump themselves on the chest to say look what I have done. LMFAO looks like they are doing the thumping the chest rout.
I know! It's kind of like what crabs do to those Fishermen and their silly traps or what sharks do to those silly chummers, huh?

Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Quote:
That's the way it has been since ever
What is the Federal law requiring a Background Check before the purchase of a weapon online or at a gun show?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:16 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What is the Federal law requiring a Background Check before the purchase of a weapon online or at a gun show?
Go to any site that sells guns online. I'd post links to the more popular ones but I believe it would be a TOS violation and just get deleted. Note that the procedure requires one to order a gun and have it shipped to a federally licensed dealer where a background check is of course performed before the gun can be received by the buyer. This online purchase loophole is yet another left wing myth that they like because it makes a good talking point. I've never been to a gun show out of my state of residence. Here in order to purchase any gun you must be licensed which means you've had a background check and been vetted by your local police chief. The chief can deny any application or revoke a license once issued for any reason they see fit without any court involvement or due process at all. If you have a license here you're grade A squeaky clean to the highest degree. I've seen applications denied for excessive speeding tickets or court cases where the applicant was acquitted but the chief didn't like it anyway. I've seen licenses revoked for "violations" that were not illegal under any law but the chief just decided he didn't like it. For example one individual had his license revoked when his gun was exposed in public because the wind blew his jacked open and there's no law that says one can't carry openly in full view with a belt holster. I can't speak for other states but here the "gun show loophole" is yet another myth that lefties like to use as a talking point.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:23 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Never in my life have I seen a group of people so adamant yet so horribly clueless about a subject. Not even close.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:28 AM

315 posts, read 256,036 times
Quote:
The gun show on line crap is the liberal talking point that does not exist. Federal law says that any gun sale done by any FFL dealer has to do a BGC and fill out the paperwork. Its the old Brady bill they pushed years ago.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:33 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Never in my life have I seen a group of people so adamant yet so horribly clueless about a subject. Not even close.
Don't normally refer to Wiki info, but it seems they hav e Fla info correct.

Gun laws in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Online between individuals, seriously doubt they are done thru a licensed dealer. Who's to know if the sellers are not bulk weapons buyers in many cases?

Old 04-11-2013, 05:34 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,861,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Online between individuals, seriously doubt they are done thru a licensed dealer. Who's to know if the sellers are not bulk weapons buyers in many cases?
Bob, go find an online gun store that will mail a gun to your doorstep, and I'll buy it for you.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
From what I read there is no requirement to perform a BGC at a gun show or personal sales. I don't know about Internet sales.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Bob, go find an online gun store that will mail a gun to your doorstep, and I'll buy it for you.
Impact Guns Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies