Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 08:35 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why not call a spade a spade. We live in a society where the old are pushed off into death prematurely because people don't want to pay for them and they are a bother. We live in a society that will wage war for profit and kill thousands of innocent people to get what we want...What's the big deal if we kill BABIES or a fetus or what ever you want to call it. We are killers...face it. We kill animals to eat and we kill babies if they are going to potentially take away from our comfort...Why don't pro-choice people just admit it...We kill things because we are dumb animals. Some animals eat their own young- we also do...WHY NOT BE HONEST and stop pretending we are civilized and kind and woman's rights are at stake?
If you want to live in a society where every old person is kept alive as long as possible and every fetus is brought to term.....someone is going to have to pay for it all.

How exactly do you propose that be done? Should we confiscate wealth to support this ideal society?

Should the wealthy be allowed to live in mansions while others die because there is no money to provide around the clock care?

Should we turn the whole world into one giant commune, just for the purpose of sustaining life above all else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Potential worth exists. It's like investing in a stock that you know will bring you a profit. Some do not see kids as profitable..I do. If I would have listened to my feminist eccentric mother I would not have any children...It was all about profit- She only say the possibility of loss from her perspective.
And it is my choice to invest in a stock, just as it is my choice on whether or not I choose to bear a child.

BTW.....I know a few people who have had their lives decimated by their precious children.....they are not always "blessings".....to say the least.

There are some things you cannot force others to do.....and one of them is to force a woman to lovingly carry a pregnancy against her will.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I think you should be shot, if you drop either one.

You don't have the power to judge when life begins or ends.
Actually, we do.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
...and in the other I have a petri dish with a fetus in the form of a fertilized egg. I'm going to drop one of them on the concrete floor.

I need input from the "pro-life" (Anti-Choice) crowd to decide which one I should drop.
drop the petrie dish, not the baby.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:43 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Fact is abortions are being used as birth control.
People no longer feel any responsibility for their actions anymore.

Abortions would not be needed if some personal responsibility was being used.

Don't give me that not 100% BS either because if used correctly they are damn near 100%.

As for BC pills...yes there is a correction/testing time for getting each type/person matched up correctly....And Doctors recommend using a secondary method during this trial period.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Why not call a spade a spade. We live in a society where the old are pushed off into death prematurely because people don't want to pay for them and they are a bother. We live in a society that will wage war for profit and kill thousands of innocent people to get what we want...What's the big deal if we kill BABIES or a fetus or what ever you want to call it. We are killers...face it. We kill animals to eat and we kill babies if they are going to potentially take away from our comfort...Why don't pro-choice people just admit it...We kill things because we are dumb animals. Some animals eat their own young- we also do...WHY NOT BE HONEST and stop pretending we are civilized and kind and woman's rights are at stake?
Yet people are living longer than ever and their health care costs a fortune. So I'm calling your spade a four leaf clover.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:52 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
It's been that way since Apocryphal Eve ate the Proverbial Apple. The more things change, the more they remain the same.

The government doesn't need to be involved in someone's personal morality.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:40 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Oh I can just pull my hair out when I hear this dated rhetoric. Give it twenty five years of real progress and we will look back on the normalization of abortion as barbaric....If I stop the sprout of a plant or I rip out a mature plant _ I am still killing a plant.
Actually no. If you stop a sprout, you are killing a sprout, not a plant.
Just ask the Jolly Green Giant...

Every time you step on an acorn, are you killing a tree.
Are squirrels perpetual murderers

I will agree with you that in 25 years, abortion will be seen as barbaric.
It won't be a form of birth control anymore for the most part.

Using the day after pill will be common place and there will be birth
control for men as well.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:46 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am holding a Bob Marley bong with killer weed in one hand and can of cheap beer in the other ..........

the beer has to go!!!! sorry bud

Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the beer has to go!!!! sorry bud
I'd say the guy just needs to step up his game, and buy a better quality of beer.
May I suggest a St. Pauli Girl

You really need a cool beverage for that inevitable cotton mouth - it's a
matter of life or death
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies