Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 AM

20,432 posts, read 12,352,958 times

Advertisements

How ignorant?

have you used a slice of pizza to defend yourself? does that give the government a right to take pizza away from you, simply because you have never used it to defend yourself?

30 round MAGs are legal. making them illegal means defining the REASON for doing so.

As of yet there has not been a single valid reason to make them illegal. Their use in self defense (although far more often than you think) is immaterial to the discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 09:21 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,129,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Who said anything about the second amendment?
What's the point of this thread? If its legal to buy one who cares.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,359,061 times
I know I need mine and when/if the SHTF if I see 5 people in my field I will be prepared. I need 30 rounds I am not a real good shot and that is a good enough reason for me.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:27 AM

So here is something for you gun grabbers to chew on.
A bad guy intent on killing lots of people will not be deterred by limits to mag size. They plan. They all have shown up with large numbers of weapons and plenty of ammo. They will simply have more mags. With whatever limit exists.

On the other hand, good guys don’t go around planning to have shootouts. So a good guy with a gun will be limited most likely to what rounds are in his gun.

So if the innocent people getting shot at by a well-armed bad guy with 30 mags holding 10 rounds, are fortunate to have among them a person armed with a firearm for the legal purpose of self-defense, the good guy will, by statute be at a disadvantage.

That simply put is stupid.

You guys need to think your “good intentions” thru. There is an old country song that says the road to hell is paved with good intentions… you should think about that.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:29 AM

2,075 posts, read 4,439,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
How ignorant?
As of yet there has not been a single valid reason to make them illegal. Their use in self defense (although far more often than you think) is immaterial to the discussion.
Really? I can think of 26 good reasons to make them illegal. 26 first graders and educators who didn't have a chance to run out the door while the shooter was reloading 10 round magazines.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:32 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,805,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Really? I can think of 26 good reasons to make them illegal. 26 first graders and educators who didn't have a chance to run out the door while the shooter was reloading 10 round magazines.
It's for the children!!!11!1!!1!1!1!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:34 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,663,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
What's the point of this thread? If its legal to buy one who cares.
The point of this thread is the title of this thread. I'll paste it here for your convenience:

When has there been an incident in the USA that a law abiding citizen used a 30 round clip to fight off bad guys?

Old 04-11-2013, 09:35 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,663,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
There is an old country song that says the road to hell is paved with good intentions… you should think about that.
There're a few people in Newtown who think we were in hell last December. So there's that.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,212,855 times
When i was growing up in the 60's we were taught they were called CLIPS. IRRC That was taught to us by a VETERAN of WWll, that fought in France.

I will say magazine is you need me too.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post

sorry lost, your comment here confirms my word "ignorant". (by "ignorant" I mean uneducated on this particular subject.) You clearly dont understand that a person with serious intent, and multiple 10 round mags, can in fact shoot just as fast as one with a 30 round mag. it takes no more than a half second to drop a mag and reload.

Those 26 precious lives would not have been saved by passing this kind of law. But they could have been saved, if those teachers had been trained and armed.

Those 26 precious lives could have been saved, if the laws had not been changed in the 1980s that block involentary committal of mentally unstable people.

(this is not a dig) I respectfully ask you to look into exactly how long it takes to drop a mag and reload. all this kind of law does is limit law abiding citizens who might be legally carrying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies