Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:22 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,821,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Sadly he is right if we don't change course.
Then....the Left will be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 03:26 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,518,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
So if and when the states finally head for an official decline, do you believe we'll be stepping down our position in the world and we'll be ranked upon countries such as Ethiopia, Thailand, and etc?

Like I said in a post I made earlier today, if the USA does fall back into Great Depression mode the budget will be far different than it is today meaning a very limited safety-net, so we need to fix things as soon as possible rather than finally hitting the marker where were no longer superior to other nations. We still have a good credit card limit (meaning we can still borrow if needed), lets not max it out but lets start using that credit card a bit more intelligent in effort to actually create wealth and eventually this budget crisis that's in sight will go away but it all starts with the citizens first.

I'm honestly with Republicans on another issue now regarding allowing the states to take care of themselves more, lets lower federal taxation and allow states to take care of themselves a bit better; they can determine their needs better than a Washington bureaucrat. Imagine if a state like CA was able to take more of the revenues that it sends to Washington, the state could afford to lower taxes and put itself back on a healthy track; of course things such as SSI, Medicare, Research and etc. would still be taken care of by the Federal Gov't, but building highways, schools (the federal gov't would make up the min. requirements for EDU systems though), unemployment, it would be taken care of by the states themselves. I think that's a solution to save the federal gov't from eventually collapsing.
I think our days as a world power are numbered. I think china is on the rise. I think we'll remain a contributor only because we're a former world power but I think our power will be weak at best. We'll play the game to save face.

I think the feds need to stay out of the states. We are the United STATES of America. We're independent states who have agreed to live in unity. We are not the property of Washington.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,726,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I think our days as a world power are numbered. I think china is on the rise. I think we'll remain a contributor only because we're a former world power but I think our power will be weak at best. We'll play the game to save face.

I think the feds need to stay out of the states. We are the United STATES of America. We're independent states who have agreed to live in unity. We are not the property of Washington.

Hmmm..... maybe you should tell the idiots in Washington that.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:13 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
The right-wing wants to see the USA fail, so they can blame Obama. It's that simple.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:15 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,484,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The right-wing wants to see the USA fail, so they can blame Obama. It's that simple.
Lol yea, and they try to call the left-wing anti-American.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:25 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,527,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I think that we are a long way from that eventuality. According to the United Nations Development Programme's Human Development Report China is ranked just below the Dominican Republic.

China will be ranked higher than the USA in Total Gross Domestic Product using a purchasing power parity scale starting in 2016 (according to latest predictions). But the population is over 4 times that of the USA. Most Chinese live in abject poverty some without access to clean water.

The USA will be wealthy as a nation for the forseeable future, but the disparity between rich and poor may increase.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
I think that we are a long way from that eventuality. According to the United Nations Development Programme's Human Development Report China is ranked just below the Dominican Republic.

China will be ranked higher than the USA in Total Gross Domestic Product using a purchasing power parity scale starting in 2016 (according to latest predictions). But the population is over 4 times that of the USA. Most Chinese live in abject poverty some without access to clean water.

The USA will be wealthy as a nation for the forseeable future, but the disparity between rich and poor may increase.
22% of America's children live in poverty. More than likely they will grow up and live in poverty themselves as adults and have kids.
We're about to add 11-20 million mostly poor and uneducated via amnesty. That will do nothing to improve the situation.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
SNAP benefits are approximately $1.50 per person, per meal. The masses of welfare recipients are not dining on steak and lobster.

Afghanistan is a third world country and has the highest heroin addiction rate of all.

Prescription pain pill addiction is an epidemic in the U.S. and most of the addicts are not isolated in the ghetto or on welfare. No doubt though that addiction has the power to destroy families and make women and children dependent on the state.
And per household member even if the children and toddlers get their free meals at the free babysitting (headstart) centers or public schools, plus they get WIC coupons. A newborn brings in food stamps even if it's breastfed. Unbelieveable as it is, when the children are fed elsewhere, the parent still collects food stamps on them which can easily go to steak and lobster.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:41 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,980,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
[/b]

Hmmm..... maybe you should tell the idiots in Washington that.
We could.... If we'd actually stop listening to the lamestream media, and stop voting for the D's and R's...

Old 04-12-2013, 10:28 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
22% of America's children live in poverty.
Not third-world poverty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies