Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 10:39 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,247,516 times

Advertisements

Conspiracy theorists and paranoid gun owners, step forward with your alternative ideas!

Gun Shop Where Lanza’s Mother Bought Bushmaster Shut Down For Selling To A Felon, Background Check Violations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 10:47 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,323,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Conspiracy theorists and paranoid gun owners, step forward with your alternative ideas!

Gun Shop Where Lanza’s Mother Bought Bushmaster Shut Down For Selling To A Felon, Background Check Violations
I'll reply despite your pathetic attempt to limit the discussion by insulting people who you disagree with. The article you posted certainly leaves room for alternative ideas:

Quote:
Altchiler disputed the violations were serious enough to warrant license revocation.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I'll reply despite your pathetic attempt to limit the discussion by insulting people who you disagree with. The article you posted certainly leaves room for alternative ideas:
LOL.

Some of the hundreds of violations included letting a felon buy ammunition and selling firearms without background checks. The document was obtained Wednesday by WFSB-TV. ... Altchiler disputed the violations were serious enough to warrant license revocation.

I wonder which of the hundreds weren't "serious" enough? Is this what you gun owners call "responsible?"

Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM

39,808 posts, read 26,354,878 times
Quote:
LOL.

Some of the hundreds of violations included letting a felon buy ammunition and selling firearms without background checks. The document was obtained Wednesday by WFSB-TV. ... Altchiler disputed the violations were serious enough to warrant license revocation.

I wonder which of the hundreds weren't "serious" enough? Is this what you gun owners call "responsible?"
The most common thing that F-troop shuts down businesses for is low level paper work violations. Things like putting down "Y" instead of "YES", "N" instead of NO, NY instead of New York. Heavin forbid that a buyer uses his middle initial instead of spelling out his middle name.

I'll wait until the actual documenet of offenses is published before passing judgement. A clip in a left wing blog proves nothing.

By the way...can you cite the law that requires proof that a person is not a felon before the sale of ammunition takes place? I've bought a lot of ammo over the years, never had to prove that I wasn't a felon. Maybe Conn law is different than in free states.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:18 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,323,459 times
Quote:
LOL.

ROFL

That was a direct quote from your own article. I'm not as well versed in the laws as the attorney for the firearms dealer who said this. You asked for alternative ideas. You got one. BTW: last time I bought ammunition there was no background check required or conducted. How would a gun dealer know the buyer was a felon?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 PM

More details:

Documents detail why gun shop lost license - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Yep, that's what I call responsibility in action.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:12 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,507,579 times
What's the point of this thread?

Apparently the guy violated the terms he agreed to when he opened for business, therefore he was shut down. That's kinda what should happen.

There was a store near me that lost it's liquor license for selling to underage folks. No reason to begin a thread about it.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:16 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,608,382 times
I have not seen any proof that the gun store violated any of the rules and regulations. A commercial news report is not a valid source of credible information. Newscasters make up anything that will attract viewers. IMHO the shop owners were being punished for being somehow involved in the actions of a murderous deranged child.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have not seen any proof that the gun store violated any of the rules and regulations. A commercial news report is not a valid source of credible information. Newscasters make up anything that will attract viewers. IMHO the shop owners were being punished for being somehow involved in the actions of a murderous deranged child.
This is why I started the thread. The tin foil hat crowd was dying for another chance to make stuff up.

So ... you're saying that the news station just created that document? Because they thought no one would check with the BATFE? Or are you saying the feds made it up?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM

18,137 posts, read 15,548,278 times
Quote:
More details:

Documents detail why gun shop lost license - WFSB 3 Connecticut

Yep, that's what I call responsibility in action.
Laws get broken every day. The sale he made to Lanzas mother had all the Is dotted. So, other violations, that did not contribute to the shooting, mean, what? They didn't shut him down for selling the guns Lanza used. Nobody has ever claimed that every, single, gun dealer in the nation is pure as the driven snow. This whole pouncing on this guy getting shut down is nonsensical to me.

With all the lols and Lmaos in your posts, it's building this image in my head, of a snotty school girl. Nanny Nanny Boo Boo!! The mean ol' gun dealer guy got shut down! So? Sounds like he just may have had it coming. But not because of Sandy Hook.

So how is this really relevant? Just to be clear, I'm not defending this gun dealer. I don't have enough information to go either way at this point. Figured I would just point out that these, alleged, violations, had nothing to do with Adam Lanza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies