Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:11 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,405,852 times

Advertisements

Ok I had a Black Girl Friend tried to Whiten up for me.I have to admit I got upset told her about it. I thought it would make you Happy.Girl I'm very Happy with you just the way you are if I wanted a White Girl I would get one!

I have to admit I feel Southern Black women take better care of their looks than their Nothern counterparts.

brushrunner

Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 PM

247 posts, read 354,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrunner View Post
Ok I had a Black Girl Friend tried to Whiten up for me.I have to admit I got upset told her about it. I thought it would make you Happy.Girl I'm very Happy with you just the way you are if I wanted a White Girl I would get one!

I have to admit I feel Southern Black women take better care of their looks than their Nothern counterparts.

brushrunner
she probably felt the need to whiten up due to the exclusion she felt in the black community or society in general. african americans with more black looks are made to feel like social outcasts. in some circles i am the one with the most african features and my peers will ask me if I am from 'africa'. I am tired of being made to feel different because everyone else is a bit more mixed looking than i am

Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
she probably felt the need to whiten up due to the exclusion she felt in the black community or society in general. african americans with more black looks are made to feel like social outcasts. in some circles i am the one with the most african features and my peers will ask me if I am from 'africa'. I am tired of being made to feel different because everyone else is a bit more mixed looking than i am
Ok got to admit most don't see through the same eys as me.Had to laugh couple hours ago Nurse asked my last name? I told her.She says that is just as French as you can get! Seems that's the New thing anymore putting down French which I'm very proud of as far as my ancestory.

brushrunner

Old 04-12-2013, 11:32 PM

Black girls with this phenotype are much more accepted in the AA community

but I have a phenotype look like this girl
and I always get asked if i am from Africa and treated like an outsider by the more mixed looking AAs. I've tried straightening my hair but it doesn't help. I have a west african head shape that most likely can't even be changed with surgery. I just want that slightly mixed look like most AAs so I can blend in and fit in more. I am tired of being outcasted for looking too black

Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
If you looked like that gal I doubt you'd have too much trouble making it through life. Unless -- and I'm sure this is a real stretch here -- you have serious self-image problems.

Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Black girls with this phenotype are much more accepted in the AA community

but I have a phenotype look like this girl
and I always get asked if i am from Africa and treated like an outsider by the more mixed looking AAs. I've tried straightening my hair but it doesn't help. I have a west african head shape that most likely can't even be changed with surgery. I just want that slightly mixed look like most AAs so I can blend in and fit in more. I am tired of being outcasted for looking too black
That girl doesn't look bad at all. I think you beat yourself up too much.

We all have things we wish we could change. I have a HUGE scar all across my right butt cheek from a car hitting me while I was walking across the street a few years ago. It looks like a butcher cleaver was just slammed into my right buttocks over and over and over again. Every single person I have ever shown it to is completely grossed out. lol.

I was upset for a while, but life moves on. I can't do anything about it.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,477,432 times
^ The girl in the picture above is beautiful. I just LOVE how smooth and clear her skin is.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:52 AM

Try going the other way my Daughter tried looking more Black for awhile.

brushrunner

Old 04-13-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
That girl doesn't look bad at all. I think you beat yourself up too much.

We all have things we wish we could change. I have a HUGE scar all across my right butt cheek from a car hitting me while I was walking across the street a few years ago. It looks like a butcher cleaver was just slammed into my right buttocks over and over and over again. Every single person I have ever shown it to is completely grossed out. lol.

I was upset for a while, but life moves on. I can't do anything about it.
Yes, the girl on the bottom would be excluded in the blck community like me. Kelly Rowland has darkskin but a European headshape and she gets much more acceptance in the black community and her looks is more mainstream for a dark woman.

Old 04-13-2013, 10:56 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,306,296 times
Quote:
African Americans who look mixed are more mainstream, they are considered less threatening, and most people agree that they are more attractive than black people who don't look mixed. I know that if I looked mixed my life would be so much easier. People would be nicer and more accepting of me. I wouldn't have to question or constantly worry about how attractive or feminine I appear to the opposite sex. all the negative things said about black women especially dark black women in the media would not affect me. I'd be able to open up an African American magazine and see women who resembled me. Dating the opposite sex would be so much easier. If there was some type of surgery that could make me look naturally mixed like Lauren London, Rihanna or Beyonce I'd be the first in line to get it. I really wished my family would have mixed the gene pool a lot more. I don't know what they were thinking, it's like they didn't take into account how hard life would be on their offspring (especially for girls) by mating with each other.
Purple..Honestly, If you don't love yourself first, it's going to be hard for someone else to. Plus, beauty comes in all colors or shades. Unfortunately, skin color is a symptom that will forever divide the Black community until we say enough is enough and put a stop to this.

If you are around people who won't accept you because you are not "black enough", then it's time to find people who will ASAP. What kind of people are these anyway? Not those I would want to be associated with in the least. It's ironic and sad that a Black person feels the need to lighten their skin in order to be accepted by other Blacks. That in itself is terrible.

It's not your skin or features that make you, but WHO you are and your inner being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies