U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you prefer?
Patriarchy - Male dominant society 7 17.07%
Matriarchy - Female dominant society 4 9.76%
Eqalitarianism - No dominate gender, race or other groups 24 58.54%
Other 6 14.63%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 02:25 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,084,637 times

Advertisements

Which social system do you think would best serve the future development of the human race?

Patriachy - Patriarchy (rule by fathers) is a social system in which the male is the primary authority figure central to social organization and the central roles of political leadership, moral authority, and control of property, and where fathers hold authority over women and children. It implies the institutions of male rule and privilege, and entails female subordination. Many patriarchal societies are also patrilineal, meaning that property and title are inherited by the male lineage. The female equivalent is matriarchy.
( Patriarchy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Matriachy - Matriarchy is a society in which females, especially mothers, have the central roles of political leadership, moral authority, and control of property. It is also sometimes called a gynarchy, a gynocracy, a gynecocracy, or a gynocentric society. The term for males is patriarchy, but, in feminist theory, it is not exactly a parallel term.[1][2] ( Matriarchy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Egalitarianism - Egalitarianism (from French égal, meaning "equal")—or, rarely, equalitarianism[1][2]—is a trend of thought that favors equality for particular categories of, or for all, living entities. Egalitarian doctrines maintain that all humans are equal in fundamental worth or social status, according to The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.[3] The Cultural theory of risk holds egalitarianism as defined by (1) a negative attitude towards rules and principles, and (2) a positive attitude towards group decision-making, with fatalism termed as its opposite.[4] ( Egalitarianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Many people falsely claim we live in a solely patriarchal society, when in reality we live in a society that is a combination of patriarchal and matriarchal ideologies. We are slowly becoming an Egalitarian society, which I think should be the ultimate goal. I personally feel that embracing either patriarchy or matriarchy is a bad idea as both seek to put one gender above the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 11:03 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,156,859 times
I would say we currently life in a society that is slightly egalitarian Patriarchy, Matriarch,and Anarchy. It varies from place to place.

Safety nets for the poor, it's Matriarchy.
Marketing, it's Matriarchy.
Legislation, it's Matriarchy and occasionally egalitarian.
Education and healthcare, it's Matriarchy.
Reproductive and parental rights, it's Matriarch.
Resources for abused men and women, Matriarchy.
Military is two parts, it's mostly Patriarchy with hints of Matriarch. Women can now serve in all area of the military. When women are required to sign up for selective service, then it will be egalitarian.
When it comes to rate of pay and employment, it depends on the field.
Protection under the law, Matriarchy.
Politics, Patriarchy. But only now due to lack of qualified candidates and campaign efforts.

That is just a short list and is in no way complete.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:36 AM

288 posts, read 197,776 times
I say just let people live how they want. My wife and I want a home where I work and bring home the bread and do the discipline when it needs done she stays home,keeps the home clean,cooks etc. She was raised that way as was I. Some call it horrible or old fashioned I say its perfectly normal. It doesn't fit everyone and that's fine.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,084,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
I say just let people live how they want. My wife and I want a home where I work and bring home the bread and do the discipline when it needs done she stays home,keeps the home clean,cooks etc. She was raised that way as was I. Some call it horrible or old fashioned I say its perfectly normal. It doesn't fit everyone and that's fine.

I agree.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:06 PM

5,721 posts, read 5,704,088 times
If only women could vote there would be no wars.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:26 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,073,323 times
What ever happened to meritarchy?

Old 04-13-2013, 08:29 PM

14,603 posts, read 10,588,274 times
I prefer the republican form of government, where the people are sovereigns, and the government is their servant.
But if folks want the democratic form of government, where the people are subjects and the government rules them, who am I to say they can't.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:04 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,073,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
If only women could vote there would be no wars.
That is Hillaryous!

Old 04-13-2013, 10:48 PM

6,343 posts, read 9,029,186 times
We all know women make great, peace loving leaders...oh...wait....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_B%C3%A1thory

Mary I of England - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Isabella I of Castile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-13-2013, 10:54 PM

10,336 posts, read 8,383,788 times
Long live the gyneocracy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or