Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 01:05 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
I don't think blacks (in general) hate black conservatives, I do however believe that low income individuals dislike the notion of anyone assigning blame to their lifestyle. Black conservatives offer the perspective that one must work hard to achieve what they want. Obviously, if a person is not willing to do these things, they will not be interested in hearing this message. It's far easier on the ear to hear that one wasn't able to complete high school and/or college due to racism, or that one abandoned his children, due to racism, instead of putting the focus on the individual in question.

Conservatives have their share of problems and some hold racist views, but you will never hear me argue against personal responsibility. I'll be the first to admit that institutional racism still exists, but I'll also admit that in most instances when a person hasn't been able to achieve a particular goal, racism is not the problem, usually, it's the individual.

Thank you for a very great thoughtful truthful, realistic post. I feel that within each group, there are individuals in each, that are the problem.

I will never argue your point on persoanl responsibility, i wa raised on being responsible and stepping to the plate for my own failures, which i have no problem admiting. It is thru mistakes, that i learn. And thru mistakes that i learn to do my personal best.

I am sorry but i cannot stand lazy, big mouthed people for the life of me, there is no excuse, for being lazy. And i hate people who are jealous, for what ever reason, they come up with, to me, it is just plain friggin nonesense, and a copeout to one's own self. They can call it whatever they damn well please most people can see thru any type of jealously, no matter what these loud big mouthed people blame it on, the only person to blame for being jealous at someone who is a dedicated hard worker in life, is yourself, stop being a baby, and do something about it.

Within each of us as a individual we have problems, the two partys as a whole, definitly both have problems, and getting down on someone who is smart, dedicated, very intelligent, hard working soft spoken but powerful, is damn right a shame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 08:46 AM

160 posts, read 264,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Have you ever lived in a Black community? Hardly a bastion of progressivism when it comes to homosexuality.
Black Americans (as a group) tend to be religious, and as a result, do not usually accept homosexuality, because it's seen as a sin. It goes without stating that most will not vote against their religious beliefs, the same is true for Hispanics, who are primarily Catholic.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:09 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary2012 View Post
Black Americans (as a group) tend to be religious, and as a result, do not usually accept homosexuality, because it's seen as a sin. It goes without stating that most will not vote against their religious beliefs, the same is true for Hispanics, who are primarily Catholic.
Black Americans aren't all that religious. They may have high church attendance and may identify themselves overwhelmingly as Christians and God believers.

But they aren't devout Christians. Far from it. There IS a difference.

Moreover, blacks accept homosexuality far more than what people think. A hell of a lot more black folks participate in homosexual relations than people care to admit.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:13 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Sorry that we don't make it easier for you to cast judgment upon others and practice hate masked as concern for moral good. Actually, I take that back. Not sorry.

This thread shows where the hatred is coming from. Why the intense hatred for Dr. Carson? It's easy to see where the hate lies.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This thread shows where the hatred is coming from. Why the intense hatred for Dr. Carson? It's easy to see where the hate lies.
Reading is fundamental. You should try it.

Quote:
What? Me saying that Carson did something commendable by putting the graduates first is somehow me implicitly acknowledging that Carson scares the hell out of me because of my liberal beliefs?

Good god, you are seriously brainwashed. Carson did something praiseworthy by putting the grads first. Not everyone involved in politics would have done that. It was a compliment to him as a person.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary2012 View Post
But they did.

Times are changing. The blacks and hispanics you're talking about are old school. The young ones voting these days have no such beliefs.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:43 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
I know discussions meander, but what does how black Americans feel about homosexuals as if anyone knows how 40 million people feel about any subject relevant to Dr. Ben Carson inserting foot in mouth and stepping down as commencement speaker.

His stepping down is a minor thing that Dr. Carson and conservatives are blowing up because he has a book to sell and conservatives have a black conservative they want to parade around and they want to yell racism at the Democratic party. It is all so much despicable cynicism and opportunism.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
But they did.

Times are changing. The blacks and hispanics you're talking about are old school. The young ones voting these days have no such beliefs.
That's what happens when you educate people. They stop believing in fairy tales.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies