Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 06:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you explain the 180 degree turn in these partisan claims? First they go on about re-distrinution of wealth from rich to poor, and now someone shows the graph showing the opposite, and suddenly everyone does a 180 degree turn and blames Obama of the opposite.

So, tell me, which is it? It cannot be both.
Or more likely you claim graphs show the opposite when they dont. Corporate profits, are not individual profits.

Furthermore, people like me, dont like policies that make it difficult to compete with the rich, while you stand here and support them because Obama suggested them using "its for the poor" as an excuse..

The poor do not benefit by policies keeping them poor, despite the liberal wet dream that somehow stimulates and makes people better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 06:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Under Obama programs for the poor have increased.
The poor get their "stuff".
That is middle class taxpayer money paying for that "stuff" but the money goes to AT&T, Verizon, JPMorgan, etc.
There is a small circle at the top that your taxpayer dollars end up.
The poor get their food and their phones but corporates get your dollar.

If you are not aware of what is going on then you are truly blind.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:37 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Which is it? Is it from rich to poor, or poor to rich? Please clarify your position.
I've posted my opinion over and over. Right now Obama has screwed over the working class and poor but claims to be for these groups and his groupies suck it up and use all sorts of obfuscation to try and deflect from that.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Under Obama programs for the poor have increased.
The poor get their "stuff".
That is middle class taxpayer money paying for that "stuff" but the money goes to AT&T, Verizon, JPMorgan, etc.
There is a small circle at the top that your taxpayer dollars end up.
The poor get their food and their phones but corporates get your dollar.

If you are not aware of what is going on then you are truly blind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've posted my opinion over and over. Right now Obama has screwed over the working class and poor but claims to be for these groups and his groupies suck it up and use all sorts of obfuscation to try and deflect from that.

Liberals have to much emotionally invested to be able to see the facts in front of them, they have to defend Obama regardless of cost.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:38 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Or more likely you claim graphs show the opposite when they dont. Corporate profits, are not individual profits.

Furthermore, people like me, dont like policies that make it difficult to compete with the rich, while you stand here and support them because Obama suggested them using "its for the poor" as an excuse..

The poor do not benefit by policies keeping them poor, despite the liberal wet dream that somehow stimulates and makes people better.
The claim here is that Obama policies are taking wealth the poor and giving it to the rich, while the claims in the past five years claimed the opposite.

Which claim do you agree with?

Old 04-13-2013, 06:40 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
The claim here is that Obama policies are taking wealth the poor and giving it to the rich, while the claims in the past five years claimed the opposite.

uh.. are the poor better off? Is the middle class better off? Is the rich better off? How much more info and proof do you need? Obama is wealthy and hangs out with the wealthy. Anyone else is below him (until he wants your vote of course)

Old 04-13-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
OK, so in your opinon the wealth redistribution is from poor to rich, and Obama policies are designed to make the rich richer. Thanks for clarifying your position. I wanted it to be clarified because I hear a lot of people say Obama is the enemy of the rich and it trying to take their money and give it to the lazy poor people.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:43 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:

No, the claim is the OP making up imaginary arguments that Obama is making it harder for busiensses to succeed, but thats not the claim at all. I often ask myself how liberals are supposed to have a conversation with people they disagree with, if they cant even comprehend the opposing argument.

The fact are, Obama is making it harder for people to COMPETE against these businesses, so these businesses can succeed and grow their profits, and make it harder for others to succeed.

Thats why there is a lack of jobs at the moment and record poverty. When you provide support for the bottom you get more of the bottom, but this also leads to an elite class at the top with no upward mobility. Its not rocket science

Old 04-13-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
uh.. are the poor better off? Is the middle class better off? Is the rich better off? How much more info and proof do you need? Obama is wealthy and hangs out with the wealthy. Anyone else is below him (until he wants your vote of course)
OK, so we have another one who says Obama policies are designed to help the rich and stick it to the poor.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:47 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
OK, so in your opinon the wealth redistribution is from poor to rich, and Obama policies are designed to make the rich richer. Thanks for clarifying your position. I wanted it to be clarified because I hear a lot of people say Obama is the enemy of the rich and it trying to take their money and give it to the lazy poor people.
Oh, he wished to give them a few crumbs to make sure their vote continues to go his way. He does want to redistribute the wealth he has gave the wealthy into the governments coffers but has been blocked mostly from that so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies